Macross II Lovers Again (Sequel)

ruskiiVFaussie

Choose one for fun,  

55 members have voted

1. 1. If you like, please include reasons. No flame war please, play nice.

• Da!
    • Niet...

Hey now, those are quite healthy thighs, you just can't appreciate curves!

Ranka has curves :)

But maybe I shouldn't be knocking Ishta's thighs - what really bugs me are those legs: she looks like she does 25 miles a day on her exercise bike. Buff legs. And in the words of Cosmo: BUFF KLAN NEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :)

I dunno. I just don't like buff macho women. She looks macho in that picture. I have nothing against manly women as such; but I certainly don't find them attractive on a personal level :)

Pete

Ranka has curves :)

But maybe I shouldn't be knocking Ishta's thighs - what really bugs me are those legs: she looks like she does 25 miles a day on her exercise bike. Buff legs. And in the words of Cosmo: BUFF KLAN NEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! :)

I dunno. I just don't like buff macho women. She looks macho in that picture. I have nothing against manly women as such; but I certainly don't find them attractive on a personal level :)

Pete

If you had seen the show, you would realize how off-base you are.

VFTF1, I love you like a brother, but you're dead wrong about Ishtar. If you don't want to buy the DVD, Then download it, watch it, and fall in love with Ishtar. Even people who hate Macross II like her.

(Personally, though, I think she looks better before she gets her hair cut in episode 2.)

Instead of a sequel, I'd like to see a rewrite or re-edit. I think a few changes here and there could make MacII a winner. Maybe SK could rewrite/re-edit it and somehow slide it into the official timeline. :)

Ishtar is not for me. I like Silvie.

silvie.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

and Ishtar in the slave Leia-esque Emulator outfit is undeniably hot.

Well those who bought Bandai VF-2SS have their own two fold poster of Ishtar ^_^

I want more valk action from Mac2 universe, especially Wendy Ryder and the Metal Siren......wait, Wendy Rider is not a mecha... :lol:

True. Most of the mecha has more personality than she does. :p

True :lol:

Well, if Klang can get her "big" role in the upcoming movie, I demand Wendy Ryder as the main cast for whatever coming to MacII sequel. A 1 hour action of Wendy Ryder involving Macross Cannon would (probably) be enough for me :rolleyes:

People here have probably poked fun at this one before. Not really a Macross 2 sequel, but this website uses material from Macross 2 to create a 4th Robotech war, with the Marduk attacking earth in 2082. Great idea eh........

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Spa/5972/mecha.html

Gotta love the RT maniacs, they can pick and choose whatever they want from proper (or alternative) Macross canon and try to incorporate it into a future for RT.

Should be laws against this crap.

Taksraven

I'm surprised they haven't butchered Frontier yet.

Don't really care much for a Macross II sequel, but I'd like some of the concepts and characters from the show used in the official universe or just as cameos. Is it possible to think of Mac II as another in-universe movie like DYRL?, maybe even its sequel, but not as successful?

I'm surprised they haven't butchered Frontier yet.

Don't really care much for a Macross II sequel, but I'd like some of the concepts and characters from the show used in the official universe or just as cameos. Is it possible to think of Mac II as another in-universe movie like DYRL?, maybe even its sequel, but not as successful?

Some songs does appear in Mac7, like "Riding my Valkyrie" and "Banana Moon Love", and they also used several Mac7 BGM music to Mac7 as well. Also the amusement ship Hollywood also incorporated "culture park" similar to MacII.

Edited by Morpheus

I was thinking more of Hibiki Kanzaki and the Marduk. In a series with a lot of singing idols and wars, they've used a lot of restraint in involving space paparazzi in the drama. Then again, if a Hibiki character were to show up, I'd hope he's treated like crap for what he is. As for the Marduk, potential character development for the Zentradi.

If you had seen the show, you would realize how off-base you are.

VFTF1, I love you like a brother, but you're dead wrong about Ishtar. If you don't want to buy the DVD, Then download it, watch it, and fall in love with Ishtar. Even people who hate Macross II like her.

(Personally, though, I think she looks better before she gets her hair cut in episode 2.)

Oh I disagree. One of the best shots of Ishtar is at the end of ep 5 with short hair, as she's being sent back to earth in that pod dealy.

About 7:20 into this clip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ai_6joajgPc&NR=1

And as for Ishtar's body

Edited by Keith

Sure, I wouldn't mind a sequel on two conditions.

First, they go back and clean up the story mess from the first series (too many dangling story threads) and second, they get a better grade of writers to do it or at least a story editor to keep the story threads nicely tied up by the end.

Though, I am not sure what kind of premise to use, the first seemed fairly final.

Sure, I wouldn't mind a sequel on two conditions.

First, they go back and clean up the story mess from the first series (too many dangling story threads) and second, they get a better grade of writers to do it or at least a story editor to keep the story threads nicely tied up by the end.

Though, I am not sure what kind of premise to use, the first seemed fairly final.

A better grade of writers...?

Sukehiro Tomita wrote it, and he's been one of the main writers for nearly every Macross project, including SDFM and DYRL.

Now, I wish he'd done a better job in Macross II, but I'm glad he was there.

VFTF1, I love you like a brother,

Aw :) How sweet. Naturally I am over-exagerating. After all - I'm basing my opinion of a woman based one ONE picture, and then using that as a spring-board for formulating an opinion about an entire movie.

I would love to get the DVD of everything, but in Poland the only anime I can get on DVD - besides the pseudo-hentai/loli ones - is Gundam SEED (which I think I might just do). Amazon doesn't deliver to Poland (or at least didn't last I checked) and I can't be arsed to drive to Berlin every time I want something :)

So - eventually - I probably should get around to watching this.

It's just that holding a fixed prejudice on a subject with no factual backing for my opinion is SO FUN :)

Pete

A re-imagining might work but I'd want nothing to do with a sequel. MacII was seriously lacking in originality so imagine how LAME a sequel to it could be. Macross II 2, "Lovers Again, Again" featuring the VF2SS-2, and the battle of Hibiku, the son of Sylvie and Hibiki vs. the mighty Feff jr!

Well, Kawamori should retcon Mac II back into official timeline, heck, get it tossed as in-universe movie sequel to Mac DYRL, but unlike the movie version of Space War 1 retelling, the sequel didn't do too well & forgotten ... viably successful enough that its OSTs still get airtime by Macross 7 launching.

I'm game for that ... because Hikaru 'HAL' Mikimoto character designs still screams MACROSS to me, so I've soft spot to Macross II. BTW, Silvie Gena rocks!

Edited by Protoculture

Well, Kawamori should retcon Mac II back into official timeline, heck, get it tossed as in-universe movie sequel to Mac DYRL, but unlike the movie version of Space War 1 retelling, the sequel didn't do to well & forgotten ... viably successful enough that its OSTs still get airtime by Macross 7 launching.

I'm game for that ... because Hikaru 'HAL' Mikimoto character designs still screams MACROSS to me, so I've soft spot to Macross II. BTW, Silvie Gena rocks!

Frontier opened a big door for it, and watching the live feed of ep 24, when the Macross 11 fleet was shown, I misread it as the Macross II and thought he did.

The future of Macross will follow Luca as he moves into a position of power in his business. The atmosphere will be harsh/realism - a bit like Macross:Plus and the focus will be on corporations using their clout to control politics and Luca's personal struggle with trying to navigate this kind of complex position of responsibility. There will also be war and economic crisis. Nanase will be his wife, standing by his side and watching as all of these nerve-wracking developments test her husband. Naturally, there will be some hotshot ace fighter pilot who is an idealist and who differs with Luca - and hates him. Meanwhile, Luca "understands" how the pilot feels, but it driven by necessity to compromise.

Macross II will forever rest in peace :)

Pete

Well, Kawamori should retcon Mac II back into official timeline, heck, get it tossed as in-universe movie sequel to Mac DYRL, but unlike the movie version of Space War 1 retelling, the sequel didn't do to well & forgotten ... viably successful enough that its OSTs still get airtime by Macross 7 launching.

Frontier opened a big door for it, and watching the live feed of ep 24, when the Macross 11 fleet was shown, I misread it as the Macross II and thought he did.

Macross II deserved some love. I'm still sore over the fact it got relegated to alternate Mac-verse, but hearing the Mac II's soundtracks floating in Macross 7 kinda soothe me over the fact.

But hey, if DYRL for all its awesomeness is a in-universe movie version of Space War 1 retelling & highly successful in Macross continuity, SK should just shoe-horned Mac II as a movie sequel to DYRL in-universe, mildly successful or mediocre (directed by Kaifun) enough to retain followings of its soundtracks so frequently aired by 2045 onwards.

That way, Mac II can become canonised, but still its mecha designs are fictional within Mac-verse as Mac II is a fictional sequel to DYRL in-universe.

I have watched Macross II several times and not getting of it. It has a lot of fighting scenes and the mechs were cool! Very sad to see that no toys are made except model kits and resin. Macross II has nice sounds too especially the last song sang by Istar!

I have watched Macross II several times and not getting of it. It has a lot of fighting scenes and the mechs were cool! Very sad to see that no toys are made except model kits and resin. Macross II has nice sounds too especially the last song sang by Istar!

Katsuden - based on your words - I just might see Macross II - however, I need to ask you, since I've seen you around the forum a few times and always wondered:

Are you edible? Are you THE Katsuden? The wonderful Japanese dish that I thought was spelled "Katsudon" ? It's one of my favorite Japanese meals :)

Pete

Katsuden - based on your words - I just might see Macross II - however, I need to ask you, since I've seen you around the forum a few times and always wondered:

Are you edible? Are you THE Katsuden? The wonderful Japanese dish that I thought was spelled "Katsudon" ? It's one of my favorite Japanese meals :)

Pete

Oh please don't remind me of Katsudon... its so hard to get a decent one at reasonable prices here in London.

Really? I used to go to a great Chinese/Japanese restaurant in Warsaw where they had wonderful Katsudon, but I stopped going after a row with an evil waitress who gave me lots of lip (and not the good kind!).

Now I'm eagerly in search of a good Japanese restaurant. Lots of Sushi bars - but can't find anywhere with Katsudon :(

Um..and..err...Macross II is...really...great!

Pete

Really? I used to go to a great Chinese/Japanese restaurant in Warsaw where they had wonderful Katsudon, but I stopped going after a row with an evil waitress who gave me lots of lip (and not the good kind!).

Now I'm eagerly in search of a good Japanese restaurant. Lots of Sushi bars - but can't find anywhere with Katsudon :(

Um..and..err...Macross II is...really...great!

Pete

I face the same problem over here! Tonnes of sushi bars, but no places with good cheap bento to save your life!

I'm sure they had sushi on Macross II as well ;) Still, given the history of how Macross II came to be, I'm not sure that Bandai would want to revive it. They have a much surer cash cow with Macross Frontier after all.

Interesting bit of news for Macross II fans - although I don't know if this news is good:

Tomino working on a sequal to Macross II?? Yeah, we were also surprised, but it's actually true. Sources confirm that Tomino has divulged only this much about the sequal: "It will have the classic Tomino touch. People who know my work, know what to expect."

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-...n-lands-at-no.2

Pete

not ;)

I'm less interested in seeing a direct sequel to Macross II, I'd much rather see a new sequel without any involvement from Kawamori.

Nah, what the franchise needs to do is branch out into a broader metaseries allowing for non-Kawamori projects, but relegating them to alternate universes/timelines. Keep the main timeline for projects with Kawamori's involvement, it's his baby, nobody else should have their fingers in that pie without his consent.

Nah, what the franchise needs to do is branch out into a broader metaseries allowing for non-Kawamori projects, but relegating them to alternate universes/timelines. Keep the main timeline for projects with Kawamori's involvement, it's his baby, nobody else should have their fingers in that pie without his consent.

I think the universe is broad enough to contain several in-universe stories based on established facts. Any revelatory impacts on the universe would have to be cleared through SK though.

I think the universe is broad enough to contain several in-universe stories based on established facts. Any revelatory impacts on the universe would have to be cleared through SK though.

Creating an alternate universe gives new staff a blank slate to work with, and removes constraints created by the existing narrative. It's worked well for Gundam, writers have been able to go completely crazy (G Gundam) while keeping the UC universe relatively in line with Tomino's vision.