Macross II Lovers Again (Sequel)

ruskiiVFaussie

Choose one for fun,  

55 members have voted

1. 1. If you like, please include reasons. No flame war please, play nice.

• Da!
    • Niet...

That would require the folding of M2 into the continuity, which has yet to happen (and won't, so long as the story remains as it currently is in that show).

We discussed that at length in a thread I started last year. I don't think we reached a consensus. Some like you Zin thought it did not fit for various reason. Others including me didn't see much of a problem slotting it into the main timeline. The only real impediment is SK who doesn't want to be creatively impeded by it. So I don't think it's ever going to be revisited except thru Macross Chronicles and similar documentary projects.

I think the universe is broad enough to contain several in-universe stories based on established facts. Any revelatory impacts on the universe would have to be cleared through SK though.

I don't think SK would ever let that fly though. even if he did get the power to veto anything he didn't like I don't think he would let someone start adding to his show. I get the impression that SK doesn't want anything that other people come up with included in the offical cannon because it limits what he can do with the show. any new production SK does only has to be consistent with his own previous work (which he can change if he's in a very George Lucas kind of mood), he doesn't want to have to work around other peoples material.

additionally I have a feeling any production where someone else comes up with the concept and stuff, but SK gets final say is just going to turn into a train wreck of creative differences.

That would require the folding of M2 into the continuity, which has yet to happen (and won't, so long as the story remains as it currently is in that show).

I don't see why you have to make MacII cannon to do stuff in Macross Ace. Macross Ace is already doing stuff that isn't official cannon based on cannon shows, they could do something that's based on a non-cannon show that is still not cannon if they wanted to (and I kind of hope they do)