Why are VF-1A angel birds so cheap?

wwkkim

Are there problems with angel birds? (1/48)

I have seen them being sold at a really cheap price and wonder if it has any critical problem.

The reason they are so cheap is because the color scheme is ugly as hell. The toy is actually problem free (other than being an eyesore)!

Are there problems with angel birds? (1/48)

I have seen them being sold at a really cheap price and wonder if it has any critical problem.

For a short period of time (before the ebay craze), my friend bought the hot low-visibility version at 50% discount from Tokyo Takashimaya. He informed me it was stacked on the floor like some clearance sales.

Yeah, so anything can be "unwanted", even the now very hot low-viz version. :lol:

So, as long as you like the colour scheme, that's all that matters. Cheers. ^_^

the scheme is not significant in any matter than a showbird in a fictional universe featured only on the first episode of SDFM

most people will make sure to first acquire all the cool VF-1 variant and schemes that were significant to the story or that look better and leave this as a last valk to buy is there's some extra cash lying around or to complete the collection

No, there are no problems with my two Angels, and yes they are specially bought for NMB4M's 2 seater and 1 seater kits.

1 was bought from the hlj.com sale, and the 1st was from Kevin at Valk-Exchange, before the sale. :lol:

I would go as far to say they are the TIGHTEST 1/48 out there.

Nothing wrong with the Angel Birds or their scheme. Just that the 1A head sucks, compared to an 1S Angel Bird! KHaw!

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?...l=1S+Angel+Bird

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there also a ton of other Macross stuff coming out right about that same time? It could've also been the fact that there were just too many Macross toys to choose from, and another 1A just didn't make enough people's list. I would get one if they make a 1/60, but I'm passing on the 1/48s. The 2 I have are more than enough for me.

Why does everyone rip on the color? I like it... Maybe I'm too American for saying that, but come on! France, Britain, and Australia have the same color scheme, and no one rips on them for the red white and blue... But that's going off on a tangent...

I need to get 6 more of these puppies.

1: Strike Noir Gundam custom(Gonna need 1J head)

2:Gundam Virtue custom(Gonna need GPB-1S and 1J head)

3:USN color scheme

4:Insignia Red

5:Halo 3 ('nuff said)

6:Koenig-1 custom (My favorite custom paint scheme, which I made for some lineart... Gonna need a 1S head.)

Half price, man. What can I say?

Well, I may be the only one, but I like it... <_< Hmph!

Anyway, since it's mostly white and cheap, it's perfect for customs...

And 1/48 only sucks in battroid because the hands are iffy and it's like a black man or something. (No racism there. Just a nosecone joke. DON'T KILL ME!) :p GERWALK and Fighter own on the 1/48... Now, if they could get it in 1/24, like that old Arii... :rolleyes:

Seeing how Battroid mode is supposed to be HUSH HUSH, and the Angel Bird squadron was just for pre-Macross-Launch

celebrations headed by Roy, civvies weren't ever ever going to see Battroid mode, just fighter. Perhaps after the launch they were

going to be changed back into fighter squad colours, or just brownie's (1A) again. Fighter mode Angel looks sexy.

And i've just now remebered the 2 Angel Birds i bought were going to be customs (VF-1D and my VF-1custom scheme) *shrugs!*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie