Are there any cheaper alternatives for stands?

wwkkim

Yes.

Yamato Stands are overpriced.

Well, I wouldn't call them overpriced but what I want is sth that is cheap and can simply play its role as a "stand" instead of something fancy.

So, are there any cheaper alternatives for stands?

Is it possible to somehow modify bandai action base for this?

The cheapest alternative for a stand are women.

When I got my YF-19 1/60, I had my girlfriend hold it up while I took pictures.

On that note- I would love it if some company finally got the bright idea of producing girl-stands. Anime chicks rigged to hold up in scale fighters :) Can you imagine how wonderful that would be?

Pete

On that note- I would love it if some company finally got the bright idea of producing girl-stands. Anime chicks rigged to hold up in scale fighters :) Can you imagine how wonderful that would be?

Pete

Dude... That. Would own.

Pete

I don't know what planet you are from, but here on Earth a woman is definitely not cheaper than a Flexidisplay. :lol:

Eh... It looks like you had to compensate a bit to make things work with Gundam stands. Like flipping down the gullet, putting up the backpack thrusters...

Also the connecting bracket is holding it just by the edge. The yf-19 is big, but not even as close to heavy as the VF-0. Good luck keeping that thing steady on a Gundam stand.

The flexistands are the best and hold practically anything i own. I even use them to hold my unicron in planet mode. Plus you can change the various lengths on each stand to have say on 6" bar, and two 2.5" bars and make some pretty cool dynamic poses, and they are pretty cheap. Best way to go.

Edited by kanedaestes

I tried getting a action stand to hold my 1/60 VF-1S, but alas it's just too heavy with the fastpacks so that thing will tip over and fall off the stand at the slightest of bump.

However in battroid form, sliding the T-bar into one of the brackets will hold just fine, you just can't fold the wings down but no poitn when you got fast packs as well.

I'll have to try that though with the YF-19 someday.

I'd definitely recommend Flexidisplays over them. But for $8 and being readily available from any Hobbytown USA, they aren't all that bad.

Well - maybe this is why the more expensive stuff isn't actually that much more expensive for me. "readily available from any Hobbytown USA" doesn't cut it for me when the nearest one is a couple thousands miles away :)

Oh - and Wicked Ace - that VF-OS pose is...er...well wicked! :) Those are the stands that seem to me to be the best - are those Flexidisplays?

And are they really stable? How do they manage to hold the figures like that? Seems if you tipped him - he'd fall over?

Pete

My solution would be not to use a stand. If you can't afford it, improvise. If you can't afford to improvise, don't facking do it! So, find some good, standless poses, and stick with em. (However, I live down the street from a HobbyTown USA, so I can't complain...)

Though, now that I think of it, they don't stock any stands of any sort. Just display cases... The closest thing to Bandai Merchandise is a few of the 00 High Grade 1/144s... But they do have Mospeada!

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Oh - and Wicked Ace - that VF-OS pose is...er...well wicked! :) Those are the stands that seem to me to be the best - are those Flexidisplays?

And are they really stable? How do they manage to hold the figures like that? Seems if you tipped him - he'd fall over?

Pete

All are the Flexidisplay stands. These are very stable, as the base has considerable weight. These stands can hold the poses in my pictures indefinitely. The picture of the stand with a 1/48 Strike Valkyrie on top of a pint of beer shows how confident I am in them.

Seriously, a flexidisplay, once balanced is invincible. The plastic tops have great grip, and the joints can be tightened to whatever level you want. Best of all, its simple, sturdy and made of solid single pieces. V2s are $14, which means the difference between them and the Gundam stands are about 5-7 dollars. Well worth it imo.

Also, some of the Gundam stands just wont hold your fighters or half Gerwalks because they force you to displace your gunpod. So unless your gunpod position is super floppy, you're not going to get away with tilting it to the side... Which really does nothing more than accentuate the QC problem on your model.

Edited by Cent

how much do bandai action stands cost? i saw them in the instruction booklet for the 1/72 vf-25s and was wondering why they didn't just throw one in.

if there was a jolting aftershock would the figure fall off of the flexistand since it doesn't really connect to any piece of the figure like other stands?

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one that notices that the gunpod is completely misaligned when used in conjunction with the stand? That's worse than the YF-19 crooked gunpod.

It looks to me that one side of the mounting bracket is actually being slotted between the intakes and the fuselage, but since the bracket is too small, it can't reach across to the other intake slot, and as such has to compromise by pulling over the gunpod.

Flexi Stands are the best, cheapest and gnarliest.

Give me a flexi display stand and i'll show you some wicked poses. Yamato stand whilst cool, is too expensive, and I won't buy another one.

34-1.jpg

26-1.jpg

25-1.jpg

that's alot of weight for a display stand. No fear. Bandai stands are the cheapest.

Show your valks love, buy flexi stands! Also i'd get 1 of each lengths, as if your posing valks together different levels allow cooler displays.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Flexi Stands are the best, cheapest and gnarliest.

Give me a flexi display stand and i'll show you some wicked poses. Yamato stand whilst cool, is too expensive, and I won't buy another one.

34-1.jpg

that's alot of weight for a display stand. No fear.

i'll definitely try those out when i get me flexy stands!

Edited by m0n5t3r