Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - >>Season 2 + Movie<<

"Design" was always the weakest part of 00 in my opinion - it's like they like they took the specialized Gundam designs of Gundam Wing and toned it down a notch.

I hope the movie delivers. Having rewatched both seasons, I definitely feel that S2 kind of ruined it. S1 was incredibly awesome and the first few eps of S2 were good, but then we got into stupid crap like CB fighting Memento Mori 3x times, and 00-Raiser pretty much flying around untouched and unscathed by anything.

The high point of S2 was Tieria in a red dress.

Yeah Im confused Is Tieria a girl??? She had a dress with boobs??

Maybe in the future you can change your sex like you would change your hair color

Also I wish Animators would stop using all the colors in the rainbow for hair color.

Blue, purple, yellow, green, black, brown, Beige, Fusha !

What is it with Gundam pilots and cross dressing?

Anyways - I wonder whether I should watch this anime... it's on my to-do list.... and it's a long long freakin' list!

Pete

If you like Gundam and are not frp, the "UC is the only Gundam" school of thought - then you should watch the 1st season. Even though the Gundams are the heroes, there is quite a lot of moral ambiguity surrounding their actions, and at the end of S1 you might just find yourself cheering for the "evil" United Nations. The final confrontation at the end is truly epic and the end bittersweet for everyone, while leaving things just right for S2....

But Season 2 was just not as good in my opinion >_< .

I can't be a bona fide UC is the only Gundam guy since I fell asleep to Char's Counter attack...

I watched 5 episodes of Gundam OO. I like the opening theme music and the basic premise... but somewhere along the way I fell asleep to that too... I just couldn't watch any more... not when there was other stuff out there...

I might return to it though...

Pete

Blasphemy! You fell asleep during CCA :p ?

(In retrospect though, some of the stuff in between is kind of boring)

Anyways, regarding 00, I didn't like the first few eps, it got better for me as things went along. At first, it just seemed like a modern rehash of G-Wing.

What is it with Gundam pilots and cross dressing?

Anyways - I wonder whether I should watch this anime... it's on my to-do list.... and it's a long long freakin' list!

Pete

Season 1 is original

Season 2 is generic Hero Gundam. Greatly borrows from WING

So my advice treat Season 1 as the entire show and pretend season 2 didnt exist

am i the only one that thinks the designs are looking like crap.

The animation looks cheap too

Nope not just you. I did not like the mecha designs at all. I really miss the details from old school mecha anime like Dangaioh OVA & Bubblegum Crisis OVA. And as for the character designs I just took it for what it was worth. Many content the modern animation is smoother but I personally I dislike the indistinct, bland character designs commonly found in modern anime. Regardless this is the future of anime for better or worse, so I am making the best of it. Also I enjoyed S1 much better than S2.

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

the video trailer of the upcoming movie

Like everyone mentioned, i felt season 1 was pretty awesome....season 2 was....kinda absurd and disappointing.

Don't get me started on the Trans-Am clones. :rolleyes:

Would you smack that

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Man - you can tell that it's a transvestite from a mile away.

Transvestites always wear red dresses and black lingerie. At least all the newbie ones do - or the ones that sing in cheap tranny bars.

But I really can't do anything but read you guys and take it all in... I haven't seen enough to think anything one way or another...

Pete

Man - you can tell that it's a transvestite from a mile away.

Transvestites always wear red dresses and black lingerie. At least all the newbie ones do - or the ones that sing in cheap tranny bars.

But I really can't do anything but read you guys and take it all in... I haven't seen enough to think anything one way or another...

Pete

Um how do you know so much about Tranny Dressing

:lol: :lol:

• 1 month later...

Bleh... I'll never get past how UGLY the Gundam 00 movie designs are. The only one that's not sinfully ugly is the 00 Qan[T], and that's just because it's a rehash of the GN-0000/7S 00 Gundam Seven Sword from Mobile Suit Gundam 00V. The rest... yuck.

Yeah, i'll keep my opinion for when i see them in action (and no the teaser trailer does not count :p).

At the moment all i care about is seeing more adorable Tieria, which i know is very unlikely.

Edited by shiroth

Bleh... I'll never get past how UGLY the Gundam 00 movie designs are. The only one that's not sinfully ugly is the 00 Qan[T], and that's just because it's a rehash of the GN-0000/7S 00 Gundam Seven Sword from Mobile Suit Gundam 00V. The rest... yuck.

Is there any particular reason why the Gundams in 00 just keep getting uglier with every iteration? the 00 gundams (hell all the mobile suits) were really cool at the start of the show, what the hell happened?

If they need new designs for the movie they should have just recycled the ones form 00V (which made all the bland second gen Gundams look all badass) instead of this 'Gundam with extra boxes' crap

Yeah, i'll keep my opinion for when i see them in action (and no the teaser trailer does not count :p).

At the moment all i care about is seeing more adorable Tieria, which i know is very unlikely.

NO GOD DAMN IT!!! the hottest girl on the show SHOULD NOT be a dude.

I resent 00 for doing that to my brain, and I resent them for killing the coolest dude with the coolest hair on the show then replacing him and his robot with inferior facsimiles (which the are now covering with boxes...)

Speaking of which, SE II came out today (technically tomorrow). Looks like they cleaned a few things up and the preview for SE III shows some of the aftermath of the big battle from the series finale.

can someone describe the miraculous properties of GN particles.

-interfere with tracking equipment

-fuel source

-Sheilds

-Makes you into a Mutant superhero

- Laser beams ??? Use GN laser beams and block it with a GN shield??

-Wireless Communication Device.

What else

-Beautifying Skin

-Aphrodisiac

-food source

Seriously can they at least even try to make it a little bit plausible

Wow, the designs definitely aren't the best. Disappointing to say the least. But with that much kibble on all the mechs, makes me wonder if they really do combine in some way?

Maybe the action will be awesome though.

Gundum U GAAAAATTTTTTAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Enter ecclesiastical music

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: