My First toy/model...

crescens

well i just bought ( i guess i can say so, but package is still travelling from japan - thanks tori <3 ) my first toy o.o

it's 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru Ichijou (yamato) from DYRL... and im sooooo happy <3

*hugs*

how you guys felt when getting your first one?

Edited by crescens

Congrats! Welcome to the brotherhood!

When I got my first 1/48 toy, I was utterly impressed... And I still think it's a sight to look at.

It's a Focker, and it is now watching me typing this message. "Look at me! Look at me! Look at me!"

well i just bought ( i guess i can say so, but package is still travelling from japan - thanks tori <3 ) my first toy o.o

*hugs*

My first 1/48 was the Stealth VF-1J along with a box of Super and Strike Parts. Truly an amazing piece of work. Starting with the VF-1S Hikaru is also a big plus - from what I know, that thing is not easily available, and in a way it is the signature Valkyrie from DYRL.

So congrats!

Pete

question.

yamato made yf-16 custom fire valkyrie? cause im also interested in it @_@

yamato made yf-16 custom fire valkyrie? cause im also interested in it @_@

Do you mean the Kai Fire Valkyrie that Bassara pilots?

Sadly, Yamato has made no Macross 7 Valkyrie... they don't have the license I think. All we have is the ancient Bandai models from way way back :(

Pete

Do you mean the Kai Fire Valkyrie that Bassara pilots?

Sadly, Yamato has made no Macross 7 Valkyrie... they don't have the license I think. All we have is the ancient Bandai models from way way back :(

Pete

bad T_T cause even tho ppl say Basara is an ass i <3 him X____x

lets see, when I got my first 1/48 it was a VF-1J stealth, and when it arrived I felt like I was 10 years old and it was Christmas and I had just gotten the Red Rider carbine action range model air rifle I wanted so bad but everyone said I would shoot my eye out (I hope some of you get this reference)

then I felt pain, as in my over eagerness to get it out of the shipping box, I accidentaly cut myself with my own pocket knife.

then I got it out of the box and I felt Joy and Love ^_^

pictures of my valk when my friend bought it ^_^

post-9754-1226410073_thumb.jpg

post-9754-1226410089_thumb.jpg

post-9754-1226410136_thumb.jpg

Edited by crescens

pictures of my valk when my friend bought it ^_^

Congratulation on your purchase. My first valk was a YF-19 with fold booster. When I first got it, I just stared at awe and amazement at the details. I was damn scared to touch it and didnt transform it until a few days later. I felt the $$$$ spent on the thing was well worth it. Enjoy your new toy/model.

Congratulation on your purchase. My first valk was a YF-19 with fold booster. When I first got it, I just stared at awe and amazement at the details. I was damn scared to touch it and didnt transform it until a few days later. I felt the $$$$ spent on the thing was well worth it. Enjoy your new toy/model.

thanks~! i feel like a big kid now :D guess some parts never grow up ^_^

I think that box is one of the most desired items for die-hard fans too.

That's the only way you get the TV version Super pack (normal color), and it is already out of production.

I am waiting for mine to reach me... Should have reached me today! Yikes.

Congratulations on your first 1/48!!

My first was a gift from my wife. TV Hikaru VF-1J with Super Parts, it's the best. To this day I still own it and have bought several more along the way.

Enjoy your 1/48 as most of us still do.

Welcome to MW.

I am glad that you asked how we felt because I would love to share my first....

When I got my first 1/48 yamato valk it was a VF-1J Hikaru version. When I bought it I really could not afford it but bought it anyway and did not tell my son's mother who was still living with me so I had it delivered to my workplace which is where the rest of my collection was hiding. So the whole thing was quite naughty and illicit and I felt very dirty about the whole situation.

I opened it and was impressed by the size and perfect sculpt. I transformed it once into battroid mode and had it on my desk for a day. But I could not get over the guiltiness feeling and packaged it up and sold it on ebay. . . The problem then was that I had gotten a taste of honey which is worse than none at all and so then I spent hours obssesing here on MacrossWorld until I realized that it was inevitible to just give in.

So I bought a 1/48 VF-1S Roy with Stealth FastPacks, and then a VF-0A shin with booster, and then some more 1/60 (v.1) VF-1 like the ostrich and elintseeker and VF-1D, and then a 1/48 VF-1J milia and tons of other macross figures. For some reason the first $150 made me feel guilty and extravegant but the following $$$$ did not bother me much at all. . . Now I just live with a guilty consceince. . . and without my sons mother... which means that I have it all on display at home instead of hidden at work... and another ironic thing is that I could not find a VF-1J hikaru last month when I really wanted to get it again. . .

This hobby is addictive and expensive, luxurious and irresponsible but it feels so good. I have often wondered if Kawamori san's design of the VF-1 holds some kind of magical powers. The lure and seduction is irresistable.

When I got my first 1/48 yamato valk it was a VF-1J Hikaru version. When I bought it I really could not afford it but bought it anyway and did not tell my son's mother who was still living with me so I had it delivered to my workplace which is where the rest of my collection was hiding. So the whole thing was quite naughty and illicit and I felt very dirty about the whole situation.

I opened it and was impressed by the size and perfect sculpt. I transformed it once into battroid mode and had it on my desk for a day. But I could not get over the guiltiness feeling and packaged it up and sold it on ebay. . . The problem then was that I had gotten a taste of honey which is worse than none at all and so then I spent hours obssesing here on MacrossWorld until I realized that it was inevitible to just give in.

So I bought a 1/48 VF-1S Roy with Stealth FastPacks, and then a VF-0A shin with booster, and then some more 1/60 (v.1) VF-1 like the ostrich and elintseeker and VF-1D, and then a 1/48 VF-1J milia and tons of other macross figures. For some reason the first $150 made me feel guilty and extravegant but the following $$$$ did not bother me much at all. . . Now I just live with a guilty consceince. . . and without my sons mother... which means that I have it all on display at home instead of hidden at work... and another ironic thing is that I could not find a VF-1J hikaru last month when I really wanted to get it again. . .

This hobby is addictive and expensive, luxurious and irresponsible but it feels so good. I have often wondered if Kawamori san's design of the VF-1 holds some kind of magical powers. The lure and seduction is irresistable.

wow sounds dramatic @_@ well i actually got it quite similiar, even tho im working hard ( but still living with parents, guess im a lil leech ). none of my familly members/friends actually understand why i love Macross so much, some say its just an anime ( the ones that watch anime ) and others that its childish ( im 23 lol ), but its like dreaming. most of us for sure would like to have 1/1 VF-1 in their garden lool. it's expensive hobby i agree ( if i'd like to buy it in one of our polish figure shops, i'd probably pay like 400$ but thanks to my friend living in sapporo i got it for 220$~ )

i dont feel like im wasting money. one day i'll show Macross to my kids and maybe they'll love it as much as i do @_@

cheers~!

*hugs*

LOVED my VT-1 1/60 v.1 (first real macross toy), but when i got my 1S Hikaru (also my first 1/48) i was in love.

Good choice man! I sure hope you plan on getting Strike FP parts! ;) the 1S is nakid without it!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

LOVED my VT-1 1/60 v.1 (first real macross toy), but when i got my 1S Hikaru (also my first 1/48) i was in love.

Good choice man! I sure hope you plan on getting Strike FP parts! ;) the 1S is nakid without it!

yes, i know it won't end just on this one or strike parts only ^_^

Thanks for the sharing. I have to hide the fact from my wife on how much those stacked boxes cost me. That's why I never go toy-hunting with her.

And again, yes, once you paid for the 1st, the rest are easy and justificable.

What made my first Yammie special was actually being in Tokyo in my first trip to japan buying my first Macross toy as an adult.

What was better though was reciving my first 1/48 which was a Roy with Strike parts and someone at work knowing what it was and actually wanting one too.

Usually I get "oh!! Transformers" or "Gundam figures!!"

What are your next targetS? ;)

You need to act fast on Yamato toys; if you see it, grap it. Unlike Bandai products, you never know if you would come by it again.

i want YF-19 next @_@ though im still torn... should i get standard one or try to get 25th Anni. Black version x.X i'll probably get standard one, cause "blacky" will rape my wallet T_T

Edited by crescens

I think it's pretty simple: A truly great anime series (SDF Macross) combined with fantastic design and execution by Yamato.

I don't see people falling over themselves to spend 200 dollars on anything that comes from Anim-Morphs....and those supposedly do have magic powers :)

Pete

i want YF-19 next @_@ though im still torn... should i get standard one or try to get 25th Anni. Black version x.X i'll probably get standard one, cause "blacky" will rape my wallet T_T

They are both the same price. Regular and 25th anniversary YF-19 are both 18,800 yen at Hobby Link Japan. So technically "blacky" won't rape your wallet if you get it.....

Get a SV-51 nora, my 1/48 max with FP was my number one pick until she arrived at me door one day, my GF was giving me death stares but nora soothed my fears and helped me ignore her! LOL

i'm glad to see people have the same feelings about there first one, mine was a 1/48 roy from DYRL and i just loved it but $250 on a toy seemed a little extreme but i got over it quick :)

yes, i know it won't end just on this one or strike parts only ^_^

This is one reason to get the Strike/Super armor parts, Your Hikaru VF-1S will look even more bad ass than it is now!!A Roy Focker VF-1S or Stealth VF-1J would be a great choice. Super sturdy and awesome looking!!! Keep us up to date on your collection!! B))

post-6180-1226771698_thumb.jpg

it's sunday here now @_@ i think my Valk should be at my home in 3~4 days x_X can't w8 ...

*drools*

when i get it i'll make a "omg photo session" and post pics here =p

Edited by crescens