Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Yup, day one purchase for me.

Yeah same here.

Sega press release

http://www.sega.com/news/?n=3875

In other news, the classic After Burner: Black Falcon for PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems will be available for download via the PlayStation®Store on February 4, 2010. This adaptation is compatible with all PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) systems (including the PSP®go system). Fly nineteen different real-world officially licensed jets during the course of the game’s 24 supersonic missions, and double the firepower in 2 player co-op mode.

I don't have a PSP anymore. Was this any good?

Edited by bandit29

• 2 weeks later...
A heads up, fl0w is free for download up till 9pm today on US PSN.

Grabbed it. Kinda wish they'd have included conventional controls and not just motion controls. I remember liking it when it was a Flash game, but it was frustrating bordering on unplayable on the PS3.

Ouch, White Knight Chronicles was released and I don't think anyone noticed. Seems to have some pretty big flaws, though there's just as many 9.0 reviews (none by professional sites, just reader/buyer reviews). So many there's something that really appeals to some.

anyone tried the AvP multiplayer demo yet? Screenshots look kinda good.

Downloaded it, but when i went to play, no one was online playing, so i deleted it.. :) I need to download the heavy rain demo, has anyone tried it yet?

Edited by Keith

Downloaded it, but when i went to play, no one was online playing, so i deleted it.. :) I need to download the heavy rain demo, has anyone tried it yet?

Just did. Pretty interesting. Its like playing/watching an interactive movie. The FBI dude has some awesome sci-fi investigation sunglasses and gloves.

Downloaded it, but when i went to play, no one was online playing, so i deleted it.. :)

You'll find players on the PC side :p

anyone tried the AvP multiplayer demo yet? Screenshots look kinda good.

Deathmatch mode is not a really good gametype to showcase AvP... =\

At first I was disappointed with the game, but after seeing my brother have a second go, my impression of the game actually improved. It was the problem of getting the hang of it. I, myself, should have another go too.

Also, apparently the PC demo was actually ported from the consoles; from what I hear, that won't be the case for the full release... Maybe.

I still wish they changed offered some more options and features... I still have my nitpicks from my other post...

Will I buy the game right away? Probably not...

Edited by shiroikaze

The heavy rain demo was pretty interesting, it'll probably get a few bad reviews for being a giant quicktime event cutscene but I actually liked the way it worked. The game kinda reminds me of a pick your own adventure book. AvP is just a ton a fun that takes a bit of practice. The game will probably be overshadowed by all the other shooters out there but I'm having more fun in this demo than I ever had in modern warfare 2. Too bad we are stuck with deathmatch only.

Ouch, White Knight Chronicles was released and I don't think anyone noticed. Seems to have some pretty big flaws, though there's just as many 9.0 reviews (none by professional sites, just reader/buyer reviews). So many there's something that really appeals to some.

Just got it as a gift. Tried it out and it's really pretty good. I don't see what the gripes are. It's not spectacular, but it's not bad either. It's above average, which apparently nowadays means it sucks.

Only thing I don't care for is some of the voice acting. Graphics are nice, nice art design on the Knights, the battles let you move around realtime, but has no real bearing on whether you can hit or be hit, so that's the only really odd thing for me. The music is catchy, and there's something about the game I can't really put my foot on, but I like it. Haven't tried the online quests.

Story seems to be standard Japanese JRPG, to which you know if you like or not. I have about three hours in and so far, I'm still playing. I have Bioshock 2 waiting to be opened but, I think I'll start it up after I'm done with WKC.

Keep me informed. :) (especially interested in how the boss/battle themes are) Way back when it was first unveiled it struck me as fairly Xenogears-esque, but now I almost get a weird Phantasy Star/Vagrant Story hybrid vibe from it.

Hey, I've seen the character creator, and it's quite anime-themed. Could I make Grace? (would settle for Milia) :)

Keep me informed. :) (especially interested in how the boss/battle themes are) Way back when it was first unveiled it struck me as fairly Xenogears-esque, but now I almost get a weird Phantasy Star/Vagrant Story hybrid vibe from it.

Hey, I've seen the character creator, and it's quite anime-themed. Could I make Grace? (would settle for Milia) :)

The character creation is rather extensive. You could probably make almost any anime character. I didn't spend a whole lot of time making mine, but it was pretty robust.

So far, it kinda reminds me of a Lunar Silver Star game/Escaflowne anime hybrid.

Lunar? Now that's an unexpected comparison.

I'm not sure why, it just reminds me of it. I get the same vibe from it the first time I played my Sega CD Lunar. Must just be nostalgia in my head from the opening music or something.

Maybe it's because I haven't played a traditional JRPG since Valkyrie Profile 2/Xenosaga III. ^_^

Aliens vs Predator demo was hard to play.I only played it 3 times and I was always a Xenomorph and I thot it was neat.I enjoyed killing troops while on the ceiling.predators did seem over powered.

I just wish folks would keep playing Ghostbusters for the PS3 because that game is awesome and I need like 5 trophies for platinum.

Any Metal Gear Solid 4 players here?

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I would like to know if there is a good, and I mean very good arcade stick that you guys will recommend to some one that is looking for a stick compatible for all PS fighting games (PS1, PS2 and PS3).

I'm thinking about buying the X-Arcade Dual Joystick ... so far I've read great reviews about it but I would like to know if there is anything else worth taking a look at.

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, I tried the search option but it brought up a lot of threads that had nothing to do with arcade joysticks.

Thank you in advance!

Aliens vs Predator demo was hard to play.I only played it 3 times and I was always a Xenomorph and I thot it was neat.I enjoyed killing troops while on the ceiling.predators did seem over powered.

I just wish folks would keep playing Ghostbusters for the PS3 because that game is awesome and I need like 5 trophies for platinum.

Any Metal Gear Solid 4 players here?

LOL, any MGO players he asks! MW is home of the SMS Skull Team, the most badass Macross themed lagger free MGO clan there is! However, since we don't lag, or get together in groups larger than 2 or 3 at any given time, we don't play tournaments, those things are full of glitchy bastards!!

Edited by Keith

LOL, any MGO players he asks! MW is home of the SMS Skull Team, the most badass Macross themed lagger free MGO clan there is! However, since we don't lag, or get together in groups larger than 2 or 3 at any given time, we don't play tournaments, those things are full of glitchy bastards!!

Well,I am embaressed that my kill-death ratio is terrible but I do not glitch,my stats prove it. I use CQC EX and Blade 3 and cqc1 alot and I am a sucker for DMs.

I hope to one day meet you online and catch a game.That is if you do not mind a level 13 player around.

I know it seems early to ask for Macross PSN friends but if you need an extra gun for MGO (or someone who dies first) send friend request if you like:

WraithKnight73

I use to do tournaments and survival too but for the same reason,cheating butt holes! And I can host games if needed.

Stay cool and game on

Pete (not the VFTF1 Pete)

Well,I am embaressed that my kill-death ratio is terrible but I do not glitch,my stats prove it. I use CQC EX and Blade 3 and cqc1 alot and I am a sucker for DMs.

I hope to one day meet you online and catch a game.That is if you do not mind a level 13 player around.

I know it seems early to ask for Macross PSN friends but if you need an extra gun for MGO (or someone who dies first) send friend request if you like:

WraithKnight73

I use to do tournaments and survival too but for the same reason,cheating butt holes! And I can host games if needed.

Stay cool and game on

Pete (not the VFTF1 Pete)

Just search Keith Zet when you play MGO, I pop on sporatically, usually at night, the rest of us can be found by looking up the SMS Skull Team clan roster. And don't feel bad about being level 13, I've yet to get higher than 12, g l i t c h y bastards!

Edited by Keith

I should play with you guys someday... the first and last time I played MGO was about two years ago. It's a pretty good game, but I just keep coming back to Team Fortress 2 (and others) on the PC. :(

Also, starting tomorrow, Marvel vs Capcom 2 will be $7.49 on PSN if you guys don't know already.

Edited by shiroikaze

MGO players

I know about level dropping too.Just last nite I went from 13 to 12 in TSNK.. Best place to level up without boosting is fo SDMs or Rescue.

I usually do terrible because I stay in most games while other allies leave and that is why I am not a fan of capture or TDMs but DMs and others are okay but I hate bomb and race.

Is it true another expansion pack is comming for MGO?

I forgot to mention,my mighty 2 man clan is called "Terran Empire" with a small globe with a sword thru it like Star Trek's Mirror Universe emblem.When my PS3 stopped working last year I could not play for several weeks and all my friends just gone,,of my PSN and MGO.

But hope to team up and help you guys when I am on.

My MGO names:

Nazgul

Chef Ramsey

Pizza The Hutt

Wraith

see you folks around.

Heads up on PSN Capcom game sales for the next 5 weeks, 1 day only for each game, starting today!

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/18/capcom-o...marvel-vs-capc/

February 18, 2010 – Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for $7.49

February 25, 2010 – Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for $7.49

March 4, 2010 – Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix for $4.99

March 11, 2010 – Age of Booty for $4.99

March 18, 2010 – 1942: Joint Strike for $4.99

Is it true there will be a Twisted Metal Black for PS3?

Gee,I haven't been this excited since I heard of a Star Wars Force Unleashed II coming out.

Now if they can make a Star Trek online type game other than D-A-C then I can die in peace.