Gundam Plamodel Thread III

Try making it and compare for yourself.

But let's just compare the legs.

Thighs:

Strike, splits in two with a system of pistons

00 has an upper "knee" joint with a ratchet

Calf:

Strike, upper calf and lower calf actually separate in two with opening hatches on either side. Has system of articulated fins and thrusters that can be deployed.

00, has two hatches that pulls open to allow access to the push lock

Ankle.

Strike: greater general articulation than the 00... can bend back and deep forward bend. Has system of pistons in the front and in the back "hamstring". Has an articulated attachment to mid calf.

00, a disc on a peg that allows limited forward bend and slight back bend, slightly greater side to side motion that strike.

Foot:

Strike: has more surface detailing as well thrusters in the arch of the foot.

00: has a second "toe" joint that doesn't quite make up for lesser ankle movement

A picture, doesn't show articulation but you can see the comparatively lack of details and features of the 00

_DSC0503.jpg

difference in depth of leg bend

_DSC0363.jpg

Edited by eugimon

Try making it and compare for yourself.

But let's just compare the legs.

Thighs:

Strike, splits in two with a system of pistons

00 has an upper "knee" joint with a ratchet

Calf:

Strike, upper calf and lower calf actually separate in two with opening hatches on either side. Has system of articulated fins and thrusters that can be deployed.

00, has two hatches that pulls open to allow access to the push lock

Ankle.

Strike: greater general articulation than the 00... can bend back and deep forward bend. Has system of pistons in the front and in the back "hamstring". Has an articulated attachment to mid calf.

00, a disc on a peg that allows limited forward bend and slight back bend, slightly greater side to side motion that strike.

Foot:

Strike: has more surface detailing as well thrusters in the arch of the foot.

00: has a second "toe" joint that doesn't quite make up for lesser ankle movement

A picture, doesn't show articulation but you can see the comparatively lack of details and features of the 00

_DSC0503.jpg

Ok I see what you mean (nice detailing on the Strike) but i think the designers were limited to what they could do because the mech was outside of the normal piston mech. I am sure they would have run into the SUPER posable design ethic if they did a Turn A PG since that design is based on a Hollow Frame concept. I thought you were talking about details on the actual frame. I havent started mine yet. But Given the features with the wing binders and all the different designs in terms of technology. IE Strike is piston and gear based where as the 00 is Gear and data Cable Driven. Yes the strike does have more articulation but the 00 isnt too bad. BTW how does that strike leg pose you have there compare to the red frame??? I dont have that one yet.

I need to take the armor of my strike and play with more too appreciate the design.

Edited by nugundamII

I get that the design of the 00 is different, different power plant, etc. But you'll see. On the strike every surface has some detail. Like the idea of a frame, tubing, etc. On the 00 even the frame is smooth, very little detailing other than the occasional little detail. There's just very little in the way of features or surface detailing. The frame almost looks like it itself was sealed up, instead of looking like the guts of the suit.

The upper body IS nice though. The whole shoulder assembly, the little locks that hold the empty drive compartment closed, etc, it's all very nice. And as I've mentioned before, the kit really shows the evolution of the frame. The guts of the old single drive version of the 00 is still there. An access hatch and even a pilot compartment. The hinges for them to work are in place as well, though they no longer work because of the new pilot compartment fitted onto the upper portion of the body.

I so far have finished the PG RX 78-2 anime color version, and the Astray Red Frame. Now i am working on to the Zeta gundam followed by the Wing Zero Custom then the Strike and 00. Lol i spent a lot this christmas on myself, and yes i know all about the gripes on some of these kits but i don't care i want them anyway.

Finally finished. Love the bits of gun metal on him. Very flashy.

mcswoi.jpg

Pete

MY GOD MAN Get your self a MARKER!!!! haha

looking good !

PS: How do you feel about the Hip Holders for the swords....If they made them firmer or better designed this kit would rate A+++

Edited by nugundamII

You know - I do panel line my Gundams. I just use a technical pencil. I panel lined my Turn-A-Gundam with a marker and IMO it looks hideous - the contrast is way to bright imo ... In any event - I'm happy :)

Pete

You know - I do panel line my Gundams. I just use a technical pencil. I panel lined my Turn-A-Gundam with a marker and IMO it looks hideous - the contrast is way to bright imo ... In any event - I'm happy :)

Pete

Just a suggestion....Panel lining looks great with Pencil or Marker. The point is to get it as thin as possible. Normally how I thin the lines out, is I put some Jergins hand cream on my hands, draw out the lines and use my thumb to clean the surface but the groove retains the line. For the hard to reach places, you use q tips and for the dirty effect you gum up the marker in the area and use the q-tip to give it that effect. There are probably better ways. I know super modelers will use a brush with paint and just touch the grove and let the paint travel.

I still havent figure out how to make sure the stickers dont peel off. Do I buy the spray can of MR.Paint Clear coat and just spray the whole model????

DSC03565.jpg

Not the Best. But I tried and as a Beginner Painter.

I still cant get over how big the box is. The box is really nice. I am rethinking of throwing it away

DSC03582.jpg

DSC03583.jpg

Edited by nugundamII

You guys are making me jealous talking about the 00. I ordered mine almost 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't shipped. To make matters worse, I didn't create an account with the website that I ordered the model from until several days after a placed the order.

I so far have finished the PG RX 78-2 anime color version, and the Astray Red Frame. Now i am working on to the Zeta gundam followed by the Wing Zero Custom then the Strike and 00. Lol i spent a lot this christmas on myself, and yes i know all about the gripes on some of these kits but i don't care i want them anyway.

Don't get me wrong.. I love the kits. I'm not even much of a gundam fan but I love the kits enough to buy them! I only have the mk II, strike and 00. The only thing that really bugs me is that the upper body tends to pop easily from the hips/lower body on the mk II since the ball joint is very secure between the two and then it's a chore to line up the little hydraulic pistons between the two halves.

Well so far this is what i built tonight

I like the Legs. Feel solid. But the Body is absolute sh it. Not even close to what a PG should be. In fact its just a larger version of the MG Exia.

Not solid at all and Im thinking you really need to make sure when you are posing it that your are very very gentle and slow with your movements as the shoulder assembly is a fragile mess held together by PVC and thin plastic rods and Swivels. Because of this the movement is very poor.

Im kind of disappointed. I hope when I get a chance to get the Red Frame Im not as disappointed

post-4512-1261307342_thumb.jpg

Interesting... have you considered gluing the non-moving parts (if there are any), to improve stability? Or is it more of an engineering failure?

you probably don't want to do that. the body ring is connected to the lower portion of the upper body by a small peg and there's a latch on either side. The problem is the peg isn't very long or secure and it pops off pretty easily. If you glue the latches in place, it might be a little stronger but if it does pop off, you'll have a bitch of a time getting the two halves together again

the range of movement on the upper body is actually pretty good for a PG kit. definitely more range than the mk. II kit and the side to side is better than the strike but the strike has better forward/backwards rocking motion.

the shoulder assembly looks weak but it's not bad either. Like the lower body/ring connection, it's a small peg with latches on either side but the latches do a much better job holding the shoulder assembly in place and there's quite a range of motion in that area. Not as much as strike, but better than the mk II

The arms have a range of motion pretty similar to the strike but like the legs, no where near as much detail and moving parts.

http://ngeekhiong.blogspot.com/2009/12/mg-...finish-ver.html

MG Sinanju Ver. Ka Titanium Finish Ver. - February release, 12,600 Yen (inclusive of tax).

MG Figurerise 1/8 Super Saiyan Son Goku - February release, 3,990 Yen (inclusive of tax).

Content: 12 runners (same number of runner as the "normal" MG Figurerise Son Goku), nut and screws x2, marking seal, water slide decal.

MG Unicorn OVA Ver. SP Pack - March release, 7,350 Yen (inclusive of tax).

MG Unicorn OVA Ver. - March release, 5,250 Yen (inclusive of tax).

HGUC D-50C Loto - March release, 1,680 Yen (inclusive of tax).

HGUC ReZEL (Commander Unit) - March release, 2,310 Yen (inclusive of tax).

HGUC Zaku II F2 (E.F.S.F. Type) - March release, 1,575 Yen (inclusive of tax).

Pokemon Plamo Collection Enperuto Evolution Set - March release, 798 Yen (inclusive of tax).

D-50C Loto:

http://www.mahq.net/mecha/gundam/unicorn/d-50c.htm

A pre-F91 unit. May be it will show up inside Unicorn anime.

MG Sinanju Ver. Ka Titanium Finish Ver

Been waiting for this one

Foward

DSC03629.jpg

Clavicle Area/Shoulder Tilt

DSC03631.jpg

Clavicle Area/Shoulder Tilt Down

DSC03632.jpg

Cockpit

DSC03633.jpg

DSC03635.jpg

I thougt I took the picture with the Side movement I will have that shortly

As you can see its pretty limited

The way the cockpit is made feels cheap to me at least

MG Sinanju Ver. Ka Titanium Finish Ver

Been waiting for this one

Foward

DSC03629.jpg

Clavicle Area/Shoulder Tilt

DSC03631.jpg

Clavicle Area/Shoulder Tilt Down

DSC03632.jpg

Cockpit

DSC03633.jpg

DSC03635.jpg

I thougt I took the picture with the Side movement I will have that shortly

As you can see its pretty limited

The way the cockpit is made feels cheap to me at least

yeah, the cockpit is a joke compared to other PG kits. It's just a box with a chair. No instrument panel or anything. They probably had that done by the guy who did the cockpit for the dx vf-25. :lol:

wow. The PG OO looks really dissapointing. Seriously. Wierd how Bandai seems to be so radically hit and miss. Is it a question of design teams or what? It's like the 1/72 VF-25 vs. the DX chogokin... very very wierd...

Pete

So, what are the chances of Bandai releasing a PG 00 sans 0 raiser at considerably reduced cost? the combined unit looks ridiculously top wide and top heavy

I would say slim, but since the 00 inner frame really is of a single drive MS (the huge ring in the chest), it has milkable written all over it: They could some day make an Exia or the Quann (or whatever is called) from the coming 00 movie. Same thing happened with the Astray PG using the Strike frame.

I would say slim, but since the 00 inner frame really is of a single drive MS (the huge ring in the chest), it has milkable written all over it: They could some day make an Exia or the Quann (or whatever is called) from the coming 00 movie. Same thing happened with the Astray PG using the Strike frame.

I wouldn't mind an Exia, or a 00 seven swords.

Ok, haven't picked up my PG 00 from customs yet. So, is the 00 such a let down guys? Even considering it has a different PG philosophy behind it?

I can just say "shove it" to customs and have it returned to HLJ to get a refund.

Ok, haven't picked up my PG 00 from customs yet. So, is the 00 such a let down guys? Even considering it has a different PG philosophy behind it?

I can just say "shove it" to customs and have it returned to HLJ to get a refund.

It's the simplest PG kit by far. I almost want to say it's something in between bandai's 1/60 line and the PG line. A lot of the gimmicks of a PG kit are actually in the Raiser, the little opening panels and stuff while the 00 itself is a pretty straight forward build.

But I like it. I don't know if it's really worth 300 bucks compared to the Strike/skygrasper but it has it's own charms.

To me the "initial Run" means the ones that were just sold. You have to wait a couple of months for the NON "initial Prod. " run

Did you get a stand?

yeah, it should be in the big box as a separate smaller box from the two big ones.

Ok something is off. They guy I bought from on ebay Figure_house hasnt disappointed me so far so I sent him a message before my 1st negative strike against him and claim from Paypal. But first I want to be 100% sure. I have searched the net wide for answers to any STAND????? No one seems to have a definite answer. Thanks BANDAI

I cant take photos of 00 with the Raiser unit attached because its so top heavy it feels like its going to keel over. Even with the Rubber foot pads they are useless as the fee are not long enough to support the weight. Posing without the Raiser unit is hard enough!

I just cant believe they would pull some poo off like this!!!!!! Fu ck any stand would do. And nobody seems to understand this whole bullshit of "initial production" version crap! To me the initial production version means all units made until all sold out. The next run would be the second run. When I went to my local HKD shop he wanted $380 for the Initial production version cause it came with the extra swords and clear parts. I asked him I only wanted to buy the PG red unit on its own and he said he cant split up the unit. On the second run I could. So what the fart happened here!!?????????

Dam im so mad. Cause this thing aint a PG! Its a glorified MG in 1/60 scale!

SO if its the case where I dont get a stand!!!! or the fact that an ordinary one even gets a 1 way stand just so you can pose the 00 Raiser??? my rating drops to 2.5!

Here is why

Price. For just shy of 300 smackaroos This thing aint worth it. The clutch mechanism is a cool gimmick. And even tho the pictures show a nice inner frame on Dalong s website. in reality its pretty much as good as any MG as of late. When I was building it I felt like I was building the Lighting edition of the 1/60 Strike Freedom???? Yeah its more involved but it was a big let down from me building the PG Wing, Zaku etc...

So the Legs and Arms are the best parts. The GN drive binders are second. The chest and cockpit area feels really cheap. In order to light up the head piece you need to remove the backplate and use a knife. NOT COOL. The lighting is piss poor. Gives the effect as someone stuck a candle in a cave and some light creeps out. GN drives are cool. They have an auto shut off feature. NOT 300 COOL THO

Also, I have posed it holding the PG strike as in the "carrying a fallen comrade. it can hold the PG STRIKE!!!! thats how strong the clutch system is. But the positives end there. To pose it (and pretty much forgettabout it without ANY stand or wine bottle!) you really need to think things out. Push this clutch here...push that clutch there...and raise a shoulder armor and depress shoulder ball joint clutch there. By the end of it all your just farting pissed off and you dont want to fuss with it anymore. THE lack of a stand also raises the anxiety level

Without the GN drive Binders the shoulders are laughable. So small and unproportionate. Maybe thats how the line art has it but man it looks dumb.

NO SHIFTING ARMOR!!!!!! WHAT!!! 300 bucks no SHIFTING ARMOR! yup. Has it somewhat in the knee....wow! Also I think im safe to say (PG GP01 in transit and havent bought the red frame) that this is the first PG with no access to frame Armor compartments. Thats gay. I would trade off the feature with the drives for that. Christ the GN drives cant stay on indefinitely. To me exposing the Frame by having Armor panels give you access what something that defined PGs. PFff I get the feeling the losers and crooks at Bandai rushed this project through to cash in whats left of the Fanbase for 00 before Unicorn hits syndication.

Well, Review over. Be warned!

And BANDAI fart YOU FOR NOT EVEN GIVING A BASIC STAND YOU MOTHERfartERS!

OK rant over

I'm glad I didn't get this.

That said - I'm on the fence now about the new MG Astray. To build - or not to build? I like it when it's posed in that flying sword pose - kind of hiding behind its' massive sword as it lunges forward... but... I don' like the girth in the mid-legs. And generally I'm not a big SEED fan... on the other hand, it is a new model and thus far all the stuff Bandai have done in 2009 has not dissapointed me and I've kind of taken to building any of their new kits just because they are new MG kits...

The thing is - somebody here posted a picture of the built product and...well... it looked..bland. Maybe it was just the light? I dunno...

Pete

*snip*

OK rant over

You know, there's a good chance that your guy on ebay, in addition to overcharging you in shipping, probably ripped you off on the stand.

Besides, why don't you simply make your own stand?

shiroikaze:

Damn, that's impressive. How hefty is the model would you say?