Bandai 1/60 DX VF-25 transformable toy thread

I guess no zero hour miracles. Fighter mode is still broken with the legs not blending in with the body and all the proportion errors are still present in battroid.

pass.

Battroid all the proportion errors still present?

Dude! you trippin! Did you look at the pic?

I do not want to start a fight here but I demand satisfaction!

Just kidding.

But seriously, you do not see any improvements looking at this new battroid pic, next to the old ones? I personally see it being severely improved. Thinner legs, hips, thighs, and calves. Better head sculpt with antenae improved. Shorter crotch piece. Better shoulders.

EDIT: I personally do see exactly what i would consider to be zero hour miracles. I was going to cancel it because it sucked so bad, but now I think it looks almost perfect.

Edited by miriya

Battroid all the proportion errors still present?

Dude! you trippin! Did you look at the pic?

I do not want to start a fight here but I demand satisfaction!

Just kidding.

But seriously, you do not see any improvements looking at this new battroid pic, next to the old ones? I personally see it being severely improved. Thinner legs, hips, thighs, and calves. Better head sculpt with antenae improved. Shorter crotch piece. Better shoulders.

EDIT: I personally do see exactly what i would consider to be zero hour miracles. I was going to cancel it because it sucked so bad, but now I think it looks almost perfect.

The paint and the black background makes it look skinnier than it actually is.

The shoulders still stick out too much, there's no neck, the crotch is still not only too long but the hips are still in the wrong place.

Legs are too short and the ankle extensions are too long.

Look at the fighter mode and the giant step between the body and the legs, not blended at all.

Honestly, it's the broken fighter mode that bothers me the most. The little gap in the shoulders on the 1/60 yf-19 bothers me to no end, you have no idea how much the legs just hanging off the body like that bugs me.

The paint and the black background makes it look skinnier than it actually is.

The shoulders still stick out too much, there's no neck, the crotch is still not only too long but the hips are still in the wrong place.

Legs are too short and the ankle extensions are too long.

Look at the fighter mode and the giant step between the body and the legs, not blended at all.

Honestly, it's the broken fighter mode that bothers me the most. The little gap in the shoulders on the 1/60 yf-19 bothers me to no end, you have no idea how much the legs just hanging off the body like that bugs me.

Well I agree that the ankle extensions are too long. That is my biggest complaint with this latest pic of battroid but not a deal breaker for me.

You are right about fighter mode but that does not concern me as I am a battroid kinda guy. Although I would display this in fighter with the super parts or armored parts.

But still, I think there are improvements on this version over the last one. And there is still two months left so there may be some more zero hour miracles.

i'm concerned about the too short front landing gear and droopy nose that we saw on one of the prototypes. can't confirm whether they fixed this or not in these pics.

Well I agree that the ankle extensions are too long. That is my biggest complaint with this latest pic of battroid but not a deal breaker for me.

You are right about fighter mode but that does not concern me as I am a battroid kinda guy. Although I would display this in fighter with the super parts or armored parts.

But still, I think there are improvements on this version over the last one. And there is still two months left so there may be some more zero hour miracles.

Yeah, I'm a big fighter mode guy. I could live with the changes they made to the battroid mode if the fighter mode wasn't broken.

Well, there's always hope that they've been transforming it wrong for the past few months. <_<

god damnit, I finally get an order in for the 1/72 model, and this turns up. <_<

oh well, I'll probably just get 1 alto so I've got something I can actually play with, or maybe the Ozma since I don't plan on getting a model of his.

it looks decent. no great, but not transformers level awful like before.

I think I'm only going to buy if it's got a ton of tempo printing and doesn't require applying any stickers.

Am I the only person that thinks that Ozma's head looks horrible on both the model and the toy? In the Anime it does not bother me.

Edit for propers englished.

Edited by miriya

Either way my decision to buy it will depends on the fast and amour packs - the true bad ass modes of VF-25.

And IMO it is not fair to compare the model to this toy. The toy is designed to let you attach the fast packs later, while the fast pack version of the model will most likely need complete part replacment like the Hasegawa Reactive Armoured VF-0S.

Am I the only person that thinks that Ozma's head looks horrible on both the model and the toy? In the Anime it does not bother me.

Edit for propers englished.

I noticed the same thing, though I hate the S head in the anime, I think the toy/models looks even worse.

by the way, I'm probably the only person who feels this way but I think the 25 looks way better without the fast packs.

Hmmm. I'm stuck in a quandry now. The Alto version looks nicer in Battroid mode - it is the head design, I quite like both heads but that one edges it. But the colours on the Ozma are so much better in Fighter mode. I still don't know which one to get. *sigh* At this rate I'm going to have to resort to the I Ching or tossing coins to decide.

Karl

What's the most you ever lost on a coin toss.

Sir?

The most. You ever lost. On a coin toss.

I don't know. I couldn't say.

[Awacs flips a quarter from the change on the counter and covers it with his hand]

Call it.

Call it?

Yes.

For what?

Just call it.

Well, we need to know what we're calling it for here.

You need to call it. I can't call it for you. It wouldn't be fair.

Is that a cattle-killer in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?

Looking at these photos, I'd have to say that the figure they were taken of is exactly the same one people have been poo-pooing up to now. The proportional differences are a trick of the eye and mind now that it's painted and detailed and doesn't have wide expanses of blank color (which will of course make everything look bigger and odder).

It looks good to me, though the potential of future super parts will make me hold off on Ozma on release. I don't need two of the same figures without something additional to make them significantly different from each other.

Everything will look better when it's painted up....but the legs in fighter mode are just horrible and the crotch in Batt modd is still WAYYYYY off. I'll wait for reviews to see if I'll consider one as well. As of now though I'm passing as well.

I will give Bandai props though for tinting the canopy.....something Yamato hasn't done....lack of gold tint on the SV-51's canopy for example....until the rainbow effect on the V.2 VF-1.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Not convinced by the recent pics either, especially in this economy. Gonna wait until the jury's out on these. The deal breaker would be the widdle-wanding gears in fighter mode. That's a real shame if they're not improved from the mock-up to look like the ones on the 1/72 kit. All other modes look fine to me.

you should not be surfing on the web at work :p

If I followed that I would be wayyyy too productive and my post count would be 99% less than it is now.

But Ruskii, you have checked here right?

and HERE?

Edited by miriya

If I followed that I would be wayyyy too productive and my post count would be 99% less than it is now.

But Ruskii, you have checked here right?

and HERE?

Nope none of them work, wanna be a mate and post some of them in your MW gallery for me? :p :P :p MATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

you should not be surfing on the web at work :p

HEY! are you crazy?? This IS Macross we are talking about. :p

See I told you guys it would turn out ok lol so much complaining... it looks nearly perfect IMO but there are always things to work on... It doesn't have to be 100% line art accurate... if its 80 or 90% percent accurate im ok with it as long as the toy is sturdier than your average yammie flimsey poo toy.

Miriya and mickayesou thank you thank you thank you! post-5632-1191831497.gif

Well my Ozma early bird pre-order is safe. (for now) :D I think they look great! Although i want to see the landing gears... rofl.

Now we need to know if FP's come with these first releases.... So it's confirmed there will be a seaparte release or Super Armour with Valk?

that would suck, i'd be ok with buying the Armour separate of course.

And are those hands articulated? Swapable hands would decrease my enjoyment, hmm, cancellation is still on the cards i guess. :(

I hope we get a good review up to make sure there is no QC probs before we all have to fork out some monies.

:edited:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

Check out the intake on Alto's Gerwalk Mode.

They're literally being ripped from the frame with that A-stance.

I'm sorta missing Yamato's intuitive knee extension and swivel system.