Wolverine & Iron Man anime coming

bandit29

This could be really cool or really awful..like Batman..

http://www.mania.com/madhouse-to-produce-w...icle_87023.html

Marvel Entertainment announced today that they're partnering up with the well known Madhouse to create some new series based off of Marvel Comics characters for the Japanese market. Similar to what was done by Gonzo with Witchblade, the series will be done in a way that fits into the Japanese anime sensibilities which means they may not retain a lot of familiar elements that the comics fans are familiar with.

Wolverine and Iron Man were the two characters talked about specifically, which isn't a surprise considering the theatrical aspects of the live action movies, but Marvel talked about there being four series in production for a 2010 Japanese airdate. The first series will launch in spring 2010, debuting on Animax, a 24-hour Japanese anime network. As is to be expected, both Marvel and Madhouse will be capitalizing on the merchandising aspect of this as well.

In December of 2007, Marvel began working more with the Japanese market as they started a new manga initiative which includes an X-Men manga and a Wolverine manga.

Yeah, "anime"... I watched the batman anime and i didn't fell like as if i was really watching anime. Same with Britney Spears animated clip.

Britney Spears animated what? Are you sure it wasn't just Tetsuo's freakout from Akira? :)

I just want to see another marvel vs capcom game. Some video on youtube claims some guy at marvel said that it's coming sooner than you think. So anyone who works at marvel or in a comic shop or who attended the comic con can verify that rumour?
I fall under none of the above, but...

Some guy on YouTube is either full of it, or knows something about EA's exclusive Marvel license that no one else knows.

That's why Marvel VS Capcom 2 didn't get a huge print run, and why Capcom hasn't done anything about the obscene demand. No one but EA can legally MAKE Marvel games.

And EA doesn't own Capcom's software(especially not titles with Capcom characters in them), so...

But enough of that. I wanna see a Spiderman anime... based on the live-action series.

For the Japanese market I'd say Wolverine is a must, because like Batman he's very much a Ronin, a Samurai without a a master who is looking to find honor and fulfillment, but I'd saddle him along with either Shadowcat or Jubilee to give a moe aspect to appeal to the Otaku. (preferably Shadowcat, but that's just my preference).

Spider-man, I'd say could work because you have this kid who's trying to not be as the Japanese would say "the nail that stands out", but can't help but be different... I think a lot of Japanese especially the Otaku crowd can understand the metaphor there.

Iron Man... well his main enemy is Chinese and there's always Japanese concern over Chinese criminal activities within there borders... so it'd be interesting to see if there were any reactions on that. Honestly, while I think they'd have to keep Wolverine a Gaijin, to make him work, Iron Man would probably have to be Japanese, I could see him at the head of an influential Keiritsu, or old style Zaibatsu that works in robotics and feel's dishonored because his technology is being used for evil. It'd be funny to see him as a Japanese buisnesman though, getting sloshed at Karaoke parlors!

hmmm... what about a fourth?

Captain America despite having fans worldwide can't be really specialized directly for the Japanese market for obvious reasons.

I think an anime of the fantastic four would be interesting, but I don't have any commentary on why it would work... it'd just be cool to see a real anime take on Doom.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dQyJr1o44E

Even if it was animated by a japanese studio it doesn't feel like...

I get the impression that the japanese don't do their best when it is for western companies.

I don't know about that, though usually it's the case that with outsource animation it does feel a bit different because they have to meet the demands of the western company. However I'd say that was noticibly anime-esc, it actually reminded me of Armitage III.

didnt marvel already published "manganized" marvel heroes..?

LOL at the spidey vid with a robot...

There was the "Marvel Manga Verse" which was done by Vietnamese(I think) American Ben Dunn of Antarctic Press and Ninja High School fame... and there true manga of Spider-man and X-men in the 90s and again recently... but this would be the first time there was an actual Anime produced for the Japanese market that I'm aware of.

Yes there was an 80s Toku (linked above) of Spider-man but that's different.

Nope, that's me pointing out the superiority of sexy hardsuits to any given version of iron man's armor.

Hey, if they put Iron Man's suit on a girl, it'd be pretty sexy too.

So clearly the fundamental problem is girls look better than boys.

Hey, if they put Iron Man's suit on a girl, it'd be pretty sexy too.

So clearly the fundamental problem is girls look better than boys.

Actually if you put Iron Man's suit on a girl it looks the same... see it's metal, which means it doesn't conform to the shape of her body...

haha! sucka! :lol:

Actually if you put Iron Man's suit on a girl it looks the same... see it's metal, which means it doesn't conform to the shape of her body...

haha! sucka! :lol:

Physics dictates that a breastplate placed on a comic-book girl will deform in accordance with the size of her chest. Always.

You can't argue with science.

:p

So what you're saying is Iron Man should create a new suit of armor that showcases his physique more... I understand.

I don't think we want to get into the whole issue of Iron-Futa...just crazy enough to work!

Edited by Keith

• 10 months later...

gah... that wolverine anime is horrible... I'd rather watch transformers 2 again horrible...

I guess it payback for "godzilla"

you ruin our pop culture icons, well, look at what we did to wolverine!

Edited by eugimon

...I'd like an Iron Woman... :)

I don't know about that, though usually it's the case that with outsource animation it does feel a bit different because they have to meet the demands of the western company. However I'd say that was noticibly anime-esc, it actually reminded me of Armitage III.

It's not just a bit different, to me it's very distinct. The problem though, is that it feels like it's too similar to other western anime. What sets each title apart aside from iconic characters?

As for Wolverine, it looks like he would have a great home in Vampire Hunter D Bloodlust. They took too many liberties with his design; not to mention, the action looks pretty stiff for a MadHouse title.

Give Stark back his facial hair dammit.

Edited by shiroikaze