yf-21 or vf-0a

Mechinyun

get the yf-21 since it has no problems. & if you need to complete a series. at least the only other thing to get is the yf-19.

up until the VF-11b comes out... :rolleyes:

I've been wanting the vf-0 as well but I will pass on the zero line until they fix the vf-0.

still wanting and waiting too... ;)

I am another vote for VF-0A (shin with booster best). That is one of my very very favorite kawamori designs and one of my very favorite toys ever. I do not have the YF-21 though. I do not have the YF-19 either. I do like Macross Plus, it is great and the designs are beautiful but I am really more a macross Zero type of hippy nerd. For me SDFM, DYRL, Zero, and Frontier.

Which mecha design do you like better and which mode do you like best?

If you are a battroid geek like me then go VF-0A (shin with ghost). If you are a Fighter kinda dork and love Blue then go YF-21.

That is my rude $0.02.

(Edit for making a bit more sense)

Edited by miriya

I guess it depends on your display situation

if you want to display something cool looking but conventional that won't stand out like a sore thumb when you have guests....go with the VF-0A, but if you just don't give a damn and want a cool looking blue valk that screams look at me, go with the 21

since the 21 is one of your options, it means your willing to dish 200+ for this, so if you get the VF-0A...go with ghost combo and you'll be sure to get an improved version and not first release that will be a floppy breaking mess

whatever you pick, you'll love it B))

I am another vote for VF-0A (shin with booster best). That is one of my very very favorite kawamori designs and one of my very favorite toys ever. I do not have the YF-21 though. I do not have the YF-19 either. I do like Macross Plus, it is great and the designs are beautiful but I am really more a macross Zero type of hippy nerd. For me SDFM, DYRL, Zero, and Frontier.

Which mecha design do you like better and which mode do you like best?

If you are a battroid geek like me then go VF-0A (shin with ghost). If you are a Fighter kinda dork and love Blue then go YF-21.

That is my rude $0.02.

(Edit for making a bit more sense)

I go down the other path :) Zero is my least favorite of all. In order: SFDM, Frontier, DYRL, Plus, 7 (downer largely because of Basara), Zero. I haven't watched Macross II (yup, it's a sort of what-if series and not canon) but it seems kinda interesting.

I go down the other path :) Zero is my least favorite of all. In order: SFDM, Frontier, DYRL, Plus, 7 (downer largely because of Basara), Zero. I haven't watched Macross II (yup, it's a sort of what-if series and not canon) but it seems kinda interesting.

Watch Mac2 for Ishtar... buy 21!

Both works, best of both worlds. ;)

You'll like the VF-0A if the shoulders don't crumble like my CF VF-0A. The YF-21 you will LOVE. :D Just make sure to watch the transformation video, it'll help avoid any heart attacks, and it helps you to understand the transformation in a way that the manual can't do.

Both works, best of both worlds. ;)

You'll like the VF-0A if the shoulders don't crumble like my CF VF-0A. The YF-21 you will LOVE. :D Just make sure to watch the transformation video, it'll help avoid any heart attacks, and it helps you to understand the transformation in a way that the manual can't do.

Yeah the whole shoulders thing really kept me from buying till now, I dunno I just had the bug to get it.. most of my toys have never been transformed anyway.. just the notion that I COULD transform them is good enough for me :)

I'm honestly no so hot on the vf-0a with the ghost/booster, I think all that ordinance and the ghost hanging off the plane makes it look clunky. Totally opposite opinion for the vf-1 with super parts, that plane imho looks just as good if not better with them on.

I agree with the Ghost in battroid, it looks way over done, although it's badass on the valk fighter mode.

But yeah, the VF-0's true beauty is in fighter mode. Where as the VF-1 looks great in all modes.

I do like the 0S head better than the 0A head though... the trigger finger is itching like hell to get the Roy-0S.

I'm honestly no so hot on the vf-0a with the ghost/booster, I think all that ordinance and the ghost hanging off the plane makes it look clunky. Totally opposite opinion for the vf-1 with super parts, that plane imho looks just as good if not better with them on.

True, I think that was intentional :) the ghost booster was a makeshift booster in the story as there were no FPs done for the VF-0 since it's more of like a test bed for the VF-1. Consequently, the reactive armor for the 0 was the test bed for the GBP. If I get to buy a VF-0 (A, S, or A Shin), I won't buy the Ghost accessory for it immediately, or If I get all three, I'll only buy one for the 0A Shin (or to whomever used it in the series, I forgot who. All I'm definite is Roy used the Reactive Armor. Could someone shed light on this?)

True, I think that was intentional :) the ghost booster was a makeshift booster in the story as there were no FPs done for the VF-0 since it's more of like a test bed for the VF-1. Consequently, the reactive armor for the 0 was the test bed for the GBP. If I get to buy a VF-0 (A, S, or A Shin), I won't buy the Ghost accessory for it immediately, or If I get all three, I'll only buy one for the 0A Shin (or to whomever used it in the series, I forgot who. All I'm definite is Roy used the Reactive Armor. Could someone shed light on this?)

Yeprs, Roy is the only one to have used (well seen with) the Reactive Armour. I like it way more than the GBP-1S, looks wicked.

Shin and Roy both used the Ghosts in the final battle. Also the leg FP's were made straightaway for the VF-0's first battle.

Ghosts were developed/produced some weeks later. (first seen 4th episode i think) Some Ghosts were launched by themselves also to provide cover for Roy.

Ghosts rule, smaller, lighter versions of the X-9, whilst not as deadly, still would be scary to go up against.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie