Yamato 1/60 VF-1A/D/J/S v2.0

Dante74

The same problem in HK... When I reserved mine, the price was like US$95 only. But now the street price is US$105 already.

Yens are now crazy! Hope that it would go down in December, because there are a lot of stuffs I want to buy then... :ph34r:

And us aussies are paying out another 60 to 70 bucks, that's right.. right now it's 198.51 compared to 130.89 USD... makes me sick!

And then comes shipping....................

Curse those wives and their digital camera hiding ways ! :)

On a serious note - I guess this is good news; although my 1A won't be here till December most likely, which means the 1J will come to me around...umm...much much later :)

Still - this is good because supposedly we now have the obligatory Hikaru and Roy mecha out of the way and maybe we can look forward to a 1D two seeter next?

Pete

And the first TV Valk!

Reports on Shoulders please pretty please. I would so like this to be my first v.2 1/60

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Cheers. :D Also i wonder if there are any reports of cracks/breakages on the VF-1A Hikaru?

I had a broken backpack on my (VF-1A -super) when I bought it actually in HK - the backpack flap thing? Its minor, but annoying.

Aside from that both 1S and 1A have been perfect. So far.

Just lookied on HLJ website - they have an early-bird rate, which is a small saving, for the VF-1J and super parts (separately) - but it would still be cheaper to get the set now if you want both! If you want them separately though - heads up.

I pre-ordered mine through Over-drive, and had to pay up front, but, my order still shows pending with no indication that I already paid. Is that normal with them? I never bought from them before.

Chris

The super plus valk pack combo i early birded ages ago is only a saving of 120 yen compared to buying them separately.

120 yen extra worth of box and plastic? :p *more though for early birders with the extra 5% taken off i should have mentioned*

I pre-ordered 1 TV Super/Strike Pack so i can dual Strike in the same colour.

I'm certain over the next lot of release i'll get Hikky 1S Strike Combo and Max 1A or 1S Strike combo so as to have the 2nd Strike cannon.

Double Strike for the win!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

why are the hadns chubby? because the TV series valks don't have the "mechanical" type hands, byt rather the "gloved" hands

Thanks BlueMax i guess that explains the chubiness. I dunno though ... I might get the 1A instead of this one as im a little turned off by the hands

Thanks BlueMax i guess that explains the chubiness. I dunno though ... I might get the 1A instead of this one as im a little turned off by the hands

You will have both hands available in the set. The "chubby" TV hands are just add-ons that you can stick on the end of the arm.

The photos here clearly show both the mechanical hands and the TV hands: http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-79300-1-1.html

Guess you "struck" out there Ruskii... :ph34r:

Pity though. It would have been sweet if the Max and Miriya 1Js came with the Strike cannons.

Damn, Thanks for that, i wasn't able to view the link at the office, until now, that sucks! So we are paying exactly the same as a Striked Roy pack, but we aren't getting

our monies worth! >_< I'll still be collecting the combo pack though seeing as it's cheaper.......

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Some really sweet pics of the VF-1J.

http://toy-world.com.hk/forum/viewthread.p...;extra=page%3D1

The tinting on the canopy appears really extreme in these pics.

Very sweet. I love that tinting on the windows myself. Glad my orders in! B))

Why does no-one apply the decals/stickers to these bad boys? I've found the decals add a fair bit of goodness to these things (even them 'no step' ones). Rarely have I seen a gallery with them applied. Not that thats a bad thing... But it would be nice to see a review with them included.

lol, well i cancelled my original early bird pre-order of the combo 1J and Super parts, and decided to order the 1J and Super parts

separately, hey i can only improve my chances of getting an ironed out shoulder problem free 1J, and more time to save up in January.

i'm evil.

I have posted a thread on the HK Toys Daily forum; and it seems that no one has suffered from any shoulder on the 1J.

However, no one has the problem on 1S too. :wacko:

Please interpret the result yourself.

is it possible that the shoulders could crack from airmail transit? As far as Im aware mine isnt cracked (on either 1A or S) but with all of the change in pressure, could that be affecting shoulders of the figures shipped internationally? Not knowing the precise construction of the shoulder means I have little knowledge as to precisely why they would blow up...

This may have been discussed before, and me not known about it (I am relatively new), so be gentle

However, no one has the problem on 1S too. wacko.gif

Please interpret the result yourself.

Can you ask them if the materials on the 1J's shoulder are different from the 1S? The tint of the plastic seems different from the rest of the body, similar to the tint that Yamato's POM pieces tend to have. Man I hope that thing is made of POM, that 1J looks beautiful.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

is it possible that the shoulders could crack from airmail transit? As far as Im aware mine isnt cracked (on either 1A or S) but with all of the change in pressure, could that be affecting shoulders of the figures shipped internationally? Not knowing the precise construction of the shoulder means I have little knowledge as to precisely why they would blow up...

This may have been discussed before, and me not known about it (I am relatively new), so be gentle

No, the plastic being used shouldn't be affected in any way by transit. It looked to me like the culprit was a pin placed in the shoulders upside down but I don't know if we ever got a definitive answer on that.