Pics of Yamato's booth at Summer Wonderfest 08

chowyunskinny

K i've been checking a bunch of japanese sites for any pics of Yamato's booth from Summer Wonderfest 08

so far there hasn't been much, but I did find this. Could this be a first glimpse at a 1/60 Hikaru VF-1J? I think the 1A Gerwalk in the foreground is 1/60 because of the new foot thrusters, so...

post-515-1217806607_thumb.jpgpost-515-1217910414_thumb.jpg

post-515-1217930388_thumb.jpgpost-515-1217930395_thumb.jpg

post-515-1218016286_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny

I was going to say the nosecone doesn't go beyond the knees like the 1/48, plus the elbow looks double jointed. The hands don't look like "chicken hands" either.

Certainly looks like a 1/60 VF-1J, judging from the "neck" sticking out of the chest. :) Nice find Chowyunskinny!
Edited by jodokast

Yeah, was about 90% sure it was 1/60 but wanted your guy's opinion before the news spread.

wonder if they are going to include the bubble clown hands for the TV valks. I hope so.

You'z notice the TV colour FP/Supers right .. guys?

Yup, I'm gonna be throwing those on a VF-1S ^_^

haven't found many more pics, the Yamato booth bouncers must've been in full force this time. If you guys find any more pics, post em here!

Edited by chowyunskinny

Now that is lovely, .....I want to see the VF-1D now!

Speaking of which, the japanese fanbase must love DYRL because Bandai and Yamato always have DYRL valks released near the beginning or in the beginning of each line. Kawamori, Big West, or Satelight must love DYRL too because of the references to it in Zero, Macross 7, and Frontier also...hell...you don't see one glimpse of Hikaru's VF-1J in frontier, but his skull 11 VF-1A is on top of Alto's school building.

I hope Yamato gives the tv series more love and releases a non exclusive TV VF-1A Max type for the new 1/60 line.

Did the 1/48 non foldable fins really matter anyways?

yes... because of the non-foldable fins the whole GBP was out of proportion, IMO... it was more like 1/40.

I sincerely hope that Yamato don't give us oversized shoulders again like they did for the former 1/60 and the 1/48. Both the Thunderhammer and fulcy's vaporware AG had the correct proportioned shoulder missile racks. I don't even care if they used swappable shoulders since the ones on the new 1/60s come off so easily, as long as the armor looks proportioned to the valk. I still love the "1/48" GBP as far as detail, freakin awesome.

yes... because of the non-foldable fins the whole GBP was out of proportion, IMO... it was more like 1/40.

I sincerely hope that Yamato don't give us oversized shoulders again like they did for the former 1/60 and the 1/48. Both the Thunderhammer and fulcy's vaporware AG had the correct proportioned shoulder missile racks. I don't even care if they used swappable shoulders since the ones on the new 1/60s come off so easily, as long as the armor looks proportioned to the valk. I still love the "1/48" GBP as far as detail, freakin awesome.

Ahh ok cool, glad your pointed that out to me other wise i wouldn't understand. :p

Too bad you state Fulcy's SG as vaporware, i really wanted one of those kits! :( Maybe that could be your next project? ;-)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

yup, it'll be out in October! Can't wait!! :D

Guys, I hate to soud stupid but what's the difference between the TV FPs and the DYRL FPs? thanks

Also in case you don't know already, yamato released the Hikaru VF-1J as a limited 1 run combo pack that included TV shaped + coloured Super/FP's.

And they are doing the same with the V.2 1/60's! :)

Is this an attempt to make sure the 1J sells? Does this support the theory our Japanese bro's really are only interested in DYRL? stuff?

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Also in case you don't know already, yamato released the Hikaru VF-1J as a limited 1 run combo pack that included TV shaped + coloured Super/FP's.

And they are doing the same with the V.2 1/60's! :)

Is this an attempt to make sure the 1J sells? Does this support the theory our Japanese bro's really are only interested in DYRL? stuff?

I missed out on the 1/48 TV Hikaru the first time around and it is very hard to find these days. So I am especially excited about this specific 1/60 release.

That is an interesting theory. Was DYRL? more popular in Japan than SDFM?

Well, I always wanted to get Max and Miriya together, but in 1/48, they were too expensive. At 1/60, getting both seems just about ok for my wallet. Looking to get the TV 1J Hik and CF, but that should be all I'm gonna get for the variants of the VF-1. Keeping the 1/48 Vf-1S Roy as the highlight of my Macross collection ;)

yup, it'll be out in October! Can't wait!! :D

Guys, I hate to soud stupid but what's the difference between the TV FPs and the DYRL FPs? thanks

The shape are also different towards the end tip where the missiles are. The TV version look like the Bandai chunky monkey version and the DYRL have three sides like the ones that come with the 1/48 Fast Pack Set.

Ahh ok cool, glad your pointed that out to me other wise i wouldn't understand. :p

Too bad you state Fulcy's SG as vaporware, i really wanted one of those kits! :( Maybe that could be your next project? ;-)

I doubt it. I think the AG is ugly and I feel the same way about the Stampede, though I love the VF-25 version of it. But don't worry the next project will be good... :)