VF-11 IHP+Revoltech-stein

Valkyrie addict

ok, all the hard work with the joints is about 98% done

here's the nose
055.jpg

also, manage to improve the 'pelvis area' and locate it higher making it more line art accurate, the small highlight is where the peg use to be
056.jpg

thighs movement...you can also notice I manage to improve the legs and make they angle outward
057.jpg

filled empty space in this part, left a little space to allow the pelvis area to house in here; also, when attaching the front part of the torso, I was only left with a very narrow space to glue and it would most likely break, so I added two pegs for better attachement
058.jpg

you can see here, I can manage 4 degrees of movement, if you look closely, the front part of the torso get's push a bit forward, it can manage this and not break cause the pegs I added are rubbery and can manage the stress
059.jpg

here's the pelvis area housed
060.jpg

it can stand!
061.jpg

with the backpack, I will not be modding this area, it actually ended up looking quite nice
062.jpg

little pose for you guys
053.jpg

052.jpg

that's it for today, overall, I'm pretty happy with how this is coming out, and thanks for all the encouragement guys cool.gif

Edited by Valkyrie addict

ok, did a lot of testing, fitting, sanding, sanding, sanding and more sanding, fixed a few issues

change the tabs I added on the pelvis, the one I had before were out of putty and were too brittle and eventually came apart whenever I moved the legs, so added a resin tab that this time holds like it should
068.jpg

this piece on the torso was ending up flat, I cut and sand to shape the way it's on the line art and scribed some lines, wasn't very inspired taking pictures so excuse the crappy pics, hides a lot of detail
063.jpg

ok, attached the FAST packs on the legs and back, also added the head, for some reason the revy VF-1 has the joint of the head in a 90° angle and limits the head movement from side to side, I just drilled the hole down, opened a wider space for the joint to house in there and attached the head, moves very good, this time I didn't need to copy the revy way, hehehe

and here it is...
064.jpg

crap, the shield's crooked, don't worry it's suppose to move from side to side...yes...those are extra magazines on the shield, recasted them out of the Wave VF-11B from putty, that gunpod sucks, its the one that came with the kit, I'll be recasting it from the Wave kit too

again, sorry for the crappy pics, had to play with the brightness/contrast to show properly, I'll later take much better pics

now...... POSE DAMN IT!! blink.gif

065.jpg

066.jpg

just in case you're wondering, where's roy...
067.jpg

wacko.gif

thanks for all the responses guy, glad you guys like

Been away for a while and only saw this thread today, really two thumbs up!

The original VF-11 kit was never that great to start with, the original sculptors never gave much love to it, using existing Bandai model parts to save time. Good to see that with the Kaiyodo Revoltech ball joints, one can really make a good looking battroid out of it, makes me want to dig out my kits to build one ^_^

Excellent idea for a project... I've thought about doing this myself, but haven't found a good kit to do it to. My only question for you is how the resin holes will stand up to repeated posing of the Revy joints... I wonder if they won't wear down, necessitating some poly-sleeves for the RT joint mounting spots.

thanks guys

just a tiny winy small update, using recasted putty thrusters for the FAST packs and modding them to fit from the Wave kit cause the one this kit brought were a couple of ugly ass squares, and I'm gonna try to see if I can make the FAST packs attach with magnets and forget about the ugly drilled hole

umm...no painting yet, the project's is now mostly on hold, trying to get everything needed to see if I can make good molds to recast it, but I won't make any promises, so don't hold my word on this :ph34r:

It looks good un-painted! :D Hows the tightness? Good as a normal revy? And what's the weight like? feels solid?

As for recasting who knows, a sane person would think Revoltech would release their own seeing how they already made the 21 and 19.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

tightness is pretty good, I intently drilled the holes on the resin a tad narrower than the revy joint so it could be tight, sometimes a bit too tight, it feels very solid and is lighter than I expected, it's a bit bigger than the revy vf-1 so it's slighty heavier

and yes, if revoltech would came up with a vf-11b a sane person would rather go with a 15 bucks toy than a more fragile super poseable model that would be maybe 5 times that price

recasting is mostly a no-go, I was craving the idea so I could have several of this for me and do several schemes but this fvcking stupid little country I am doesn't have jack-sh!t of what is needed to do a proper recast, in fact I haven't found anything I need and by hell I'm gonna order this sh!t over the internet, I'm gonna try for the rest of the week IF I can find what I need on heavy industrial places but I highly doubted, I'm frustated! :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Talk about a multi-media kit!!!

This should help your trouble. I've used Micro Mark more times than I can remember. And oh, they have an export kit for you!

http://www.ares-server.com/Ares/Ares.asp?M...ct&ID=82084

It may not be great for mass priduction, but it will educate you. I'd guess you could get a couple of kits out of it. Plus molding requires a little practice. - MT

hmmm...interesting, thanks MechTech, every post of yours is always very savvy and full of useful information, and it's on sale for USD 69 bucks, hahahaha! I might give it a shot if my search over here yields no result

thanks diabloM, I haven't really given much thought to what to do with the dismembered Roy 1s, maybe custom painted or frankensteining it into a joke machine like it was mentioned, or whatever, don't know hmmm...someone already did it, check it out:

Kaiyodo Revoltech thread

1382911312_a1f42e4308_o.jpg

1382912720_b5a50e83dc_o.jpg

hehe... gerwalk does look cute happy.gif

anyway, recast idea is dead, I will be ordering what I need from the net and practice with it (thanks MechTech) but I can't wait for 2+ weeks for it to arrive since by then I will be no longer with as much free time to continue this project and will be doing a lot of traveling... wacko.gif

maybe in a distant future I could recast it but I don't know if making a mold out of a finished model would ruin the paint huh.gif

anyway, small update for tonight and tomorrow I start priming...

I was looking at episode 1 of Macross Plus OVA and notice that the little things outlined are hollow, so I drilled a hole there, as well as the head laser
069.jpg

now, this isn't exactly cannon, I wanted to make the FAST packs appear more accentuated to their need in space flight, the thrusters are flat, but decided to rather add thrusters that stood out like the original VF-1 FP, so I made this out and added them
070.jpg

I almost added one big thruster here but luckily I noticed in time that two actually go here
072.jpg

and finally, I was getting a huge ugly disgusting gap in the torso...so I added sidecovers
071.jpg

well...priming starts tomorrow...thanks for looking

So when can we put in our orders? :rolleyes:. It looks great, more like a prototype (and much better looking) than some of the stuff we've been waiting on and drooling over here. - MT

Those additions are excellent.

Hope revoltech gets the message and quickly makes a large VF-11.

Recast will trash your paint which sucks. I hate waiting on supplies also.

Guess you will need build do a second one. :lol:

That one will be the production model for fielding, this one the test version.