VF-11 IHP+Revoltech-stein

Valkyrie addict

oh...thanks guys

close up pics will be coming soon, i had a little accident with the paint and had to repaint a few parts *ugggggggggg* and as usual having a lot of issues with chipping and doing a lot of clear coating to try and prevent this, but I think it's coming about really beautiful, waiting for the last clear coat to cure so I can panel line and decal, also working on the gunpod...

yeah, I painted the ball joints, the paint actually adhered to it much better than the resin, haha! and it's not chipping unlike the rest of the model

the vf-1s roy got replaced already, bought a replacement that came along with my 1/60 v2.0

anyway, this model will definately be a prototype, I've had a hell of a hard time working with it's flaws, I wanted to make the wings to able to extend but the swing hole kept breaking cause it was just way too thin and everytime I had to reattach I had to break open the back and I'm sick of it, gonna try something else to try and keep it like that but if not, I'll just glue the damn thing, no real need to had the wings extend

anyway, will post some pics later tonight, specially of the gunpod, I need your guys opinion on how it's coming up cause I'm not really sure about it...

I use regular spray paint primer, I find it adheres very well to all the kits I've build, but the joints were very easy to paint and no chipping, I thought it was going to be problem but came out without a hitch, only thing is that I masked the part that goes into the socket cause the extra layer of primer/paint will make the joint hard to move on the socket; you also need to move the joint to paint it its complete circumference

anyway, I'm having a hard time painting the gunpod, not sure what color to go for, the gunpod is a very pale kind of grayish green and I can't get it right, and I don't like Yamato's toyish green for the GNU, anyway, I was experimenting and ended up just using a dark green wash on the gunpod just for kicks and it actually looks kinda cool

well, enough blah blah, pics as promised, the gunpod actually looks a light green all around but the flash hides it

075.jpg

076.jpg

077copy.jpg

still need to paint some details on the gunpod, fix the tip of the barrel (look close, it's broken, stupid putty), but what do you guys think, does it look ok or should I experiment more trying to get the color right? and I still haven't panel line and decal the valk, hehehehe...

so...>EXO< what project are you on?? if it's as cool as your Thunder Hummer, God helps us all... happy.gif

thanks for you looking

EDIT: syntaxes owns me

Edited by Valkyrie addict

thanks guys, since you guys are enjoying this so much, another pic with slighty better lighting...

the gunpod is made out of putty, but I'm particularly proud of the bayonet knife that I carved out of spare hasegawa sprue plastic, hehehe, ended up quite sharp too and I took some creative artistry making it sawlike

so, what do you guys think, is the color alright or should I keep experimenting, I was thinking maybe I should paint a very light gray and apply the green wash over it to try and achieve the color I'm looking for, but lazyness is striking me and thinking about leaving it like this and continue with the valk

oh well, here's the pic, static pose, want you to get a good look at the gunpod

078.jpg

sweet thanks, I guess the gunpod stays as it is... I don't know if you misunderstood me or if I'm misunderstanding's you Ruskii, but the color I was referring was for the gunpod; I absolutely love the medium gray I used for the VF-11 and by hell I'm gonna repaint it...

anyway, it's all panel lined now.... PMS (that's Perfect Modeller Syndrome :lol: ), hit me and ended up fixing the wing hinge so the wings get to extend, also, the forward canards were being a pain thanks to IHP crappy design and they kept breaking, so I had to add a pin to them, tried to use the pin so the canards could pivot, but they were too thin and just lock them as they are

suckers almost done! damn, it's been almost a month with this already...wow

oh yeah, NB4M...Monster with revy joint, that would kick so much ass... hahaha but I already have this little fellow waiting to get jointed after I finish with this kit and take a long break

b2274f746e1a19873bef98d3f0b13ded.image.114x165.jpg

hehe, thanks guys happy.gif

errr...I think the monster will prove too much for my abilities, I don't own any monster model and those things are expensive, maybe in the future when I get a better income and can buy one of those on evilbay to butcher it

ok final update

remember the broken wing hinge, here it is

079.jpg

now, I decided to fix it... here it is, I modded a little plastic wheel I had leftover, drilled a bigger hole, fit, glued, putty and sand

080.jpg

now, my Wave 1/100 VF-11 I've used for reference came with 2 decal sheets, I don't know if it was a mistake or it comes like that cause you need 3 gray kites and one sheet only comes with two, I originally wanted to use this decals but noticed they were yellowed, so my went coo coo and decided to paint the eagle on the canopy shield

084.jpg

before
081.jpg

I hate masking, but what the hell
083.jpg

ow yeah...
085.jpg

oh yes, the VF-11 is notoriously low on panel lines, I felt it looked a little bland, I was checking my Hasegawa VF-0S reactive armor and noticed it has a bunch of rivets and gives it a much mechanical look so I decided to do it to my vf-11, you can see some of it

hmmm....looks like he's a little shy...hiding on the shield...silly valk

082.jpg

ok, Valk is done, assembling, waiting for everything to settle in since I had to remod some little parts and repaint, will post finish pics later tonight

thanks cool.gif

Please tell me you are doing a Revy VF-2SS frankenstein judging from your ava Fly4victory....

Sorry RF, That VF-2SS is not a Revy, it just has the standard joints. Current project is Bandai's 1/144 YMT-05.

The Revy master is clearly Valk Addict... but I am thinking of a Battroid only with the left over parts.