Mass Effect

Soldier is boring, but easy. (I'm using one for my current insanity/paragon run)

I was actually mostly a vanguard in ME1, but switched to adept for ME2---boy was that the wrong choice IMHO, they totally ruined biotics this time around. (I know eugimon have already discussed this and we have very different opinions---though I would like to "try again" and see if I can make it work) I actually found adept even more boring than soldier--since you spend 99% of your time waiting for powers to recharge, and shooting---rather un-biotic-like IMHO. Very little of the time do you actually get to unleash stuff. Most of the time, you're like a soldier, but with worse weapons.

PS---Lair of the Shadow Broker is awesome.

I ran into the same problem when I played Kasumi's loaylty mission as the last time I played it. I tried sneaking into the bedroom by climbing over the railing (it's a good thing I saved beforehand) and when I took care of the guards, I couldn't freaking holster my weapons, and what's worse, I couldn't climb back over the railing. So I did what I did last time,

and got past the guard using the info on the datapad.

That is one hell of a bug.

Just got done with the Collector ship (I thought I would have more missions than I did before the Illusive man haraunged me; I got Tali, but forgot to get Thane and Samara), and am now about to go to Illium to start that series of missions. Like before, I'm going to wait on getting Legion until I get everything out of the way (except for Liara's little mission on Illium, that is; I am going Paragon this time as well, after all).

Wow, 80% male Shep, and Soldier is more than every class combined? Not at all what I'd expect from the Bioware forums (which is full of Femsheps and vanguard/infiltrators).

"Vocal Minority" as they say. I was a little surprised by the numbers myself as well though.

My play through as a soldier was easily the most boring and most tedious of any class. If people are playing the game that way... I feel sorry for them, I think they're really missing out on a lot of the fun of the game.

and they really feel sorry for you since you can't enjoy soldier :p

Some of the data might be a bit pointless though because people probably share their gaming platforms with others so the user data is probably really USERS data.

Edited by bluemax151

I really enjoy playing as a soldier, the ammo effects are awesome, and most of the game is spent behind a crate shooting at bad guys, so why not have a bitching assault rifle to do so?

I really enjoy playing as a soldier, the ammo effects are awesome, and most of the game is spent behind a crate shooting at bad guys, so why not have a bitching assault rifle to do so?

You can get training for an additional weapon class in the game but biotic powers like shockwave and singularity do crowd control much more effectively.

I agree that shockwave is kinda weak sauce until it's maxed out but it's well worth the points, IMO. Clearing out husks and other grunt level baddies is so fun.

On an unrelated note, it sucks that the various dragon age DLC and expansion aren't anywhere near as good as the ones for ME2

haven't finished Morrigan's but Leliana's DLC is a combination of boring and frustrating as hell thanks to some unbelievably cheap level designs. But the bonus quest reward armor does carry over into both Origins and Awakening and that armor is pretty good, right up there with the uber rogue armor you can buy in Origins.

I do have a question, though.

Will messing aroung with Yeoman Kelly Chambers kill any chance of romance with any other character?

Oh, and I do now have Chambers feeding my fish while I'm away, just in case I miss feeding them after every mission and mining operation.

Edited by Wanzerfan

Will messing aroung with Yeoman Kelly Chambers kill any chance of romance with any other character?

Oh, and I do now have Chambers feeding my fish while I'm away, just in case I miss feeding them after every mission and mining operation.

Nope. And don't rely on her to keep your fish alive, you'll still want to feed them after every 1 to 2 missions (at least that's what I've always done). The one play-through I left it up to her they died. <_<

-b.

Sligtly OT, but I've been considering getting the Leliana and Morrigan DLC, but I feel I've been spoiled by Shadowbroker. They are cheaper though.

okay, finished the Morrigan DLC. It's just a playable epilogue to Origins or prologue to Dragon Age 2. The combat is pretty mild and if you have played one character through Origins, Awakening and the other DLC than you'll be able to sleep walk through this. The one new monster/boss is the easiest boss fight in all of Dragon Age so far.

If you don't want to spend the cash:

Morrigan slips off to some new realm "beyond the fade" to gather power in order to prepare for what Flemeth has in store. The Child is safe. She leaves a gift for you that you (looks like Flemeth's grimoire) but the game ends without you ever finding out what it is.

It seems pretty clear that Hawke from Dragon Age 2 is Morrigan's kid.

there's some jabs at the Harry Potter series in the game as well (dialog between NPCs in the Mage's Tower).

Overall... for hardcore fans only. There's not enough gameplay here to warrant the price and they're pretty much banking on the fact that fans are going to: A. Want to see and find out what happens to Morrigan and B. Are desperate for anything concerning DA2.

Edited by eugimon

okay, finished the Morrigan DLC. It's just a playable epilogue to Origins or prologue to Dragon Age 2. The combat is pretty mild and if you have played one character through Origins, Awakening and the other DLC than you'll be able to sleep walk through this. The one new monster/boss is the easiest boss fight in all of Dragon Age so far.

Overall... for hardcore fans only. There's not enough gameplay here to warrant the price and they're pretty much banking on the fact that fans are going to: A. Want to see and find out what happens to Morrigan and B. Are desperate for anything concerning DA2.

Thanks. I kind of figured it would be like that and this helps reinforce my no DLC buying policy.

I'll patiently await GOY or whatever edition.

Thanks. I kind of figured it would be like that and this helps reinforce my no DLC buying policy.

I'll patiently await GOY or whatever edition.

Well, me2 has had some good dlc. Overlord is pretty good and this new shadow broker mission is fantastic.

There is a way to get a romance with her, I haven't done it personally, but she can survive the suicide mission and come back to give Shepard a special show.

You can get training for an additional weapon class in the game but biotic powers like shockwave and singularity do crowd control much more effectively.

If you have the choice, I suggest to go for the assault rifle training, since if you're not a Soldier nor an Inflitratior there will be no way in hell you'll be able to get the Widow :( .

Just finished Overlord and Shadow Broker. Both were very well executed missions, well worth the price. Shadow Broker even lets you retrain your group's squad points.

Just finished Overlord and Shadow Broker. Both were very well executed missions, well worth the price. Shadow Broker even lets you retrain your group's squad points.

I agree with the Overlord expansion pack. I have yet to get Shadow Broker (I just got a year's worth of X-Box Live Gold $50.00 card for my bithday). The first thing I'll get is the Cerberus Network for my profile (me brother got his for free, it's his game), then maybe I'll get Shadow Broker.

Firewalker was just an excuse to introduce the Hammerhead, the on foot missions sucked.

• 2 weeks later...

I think everyone here knows that most of the characters in the game have faces that are scans of real people. Well "Samara" wants to cosplay as Samara: http://www.indiegogo.com/Samara-from-Mass-Effect-2-cosplay-with-the-real-model-

I donated. :) (I'm not very convinced that the $3400 donation is legit though) And if she can do Morinth too, so much the better.

has anyone ha any save files from M E1 that wont work with 2? It shows the character there, but he is yellowed out and unselectable. Anyone know why this may happen?

try replaying the last fight with what's his face in ME, it should allow you to import your save after that.

• 1 month later...

I'm in the process of replaying ME1 so that I can remember which decisions I made and who I killed for whenever I have time to play ME2 (oh please, Christmas!.) One thing I forgot was HOW MUCH I HATE THE MAKO. JESUS.

And yes I know they took it out in ME2. Thank God. Now if you will excuse me. *spends hours driving up crude vertical outcroppings to scan a lump of lithium*

Edited by HoveringCheesecake