Mass Effect

Mass Effect 2 'Alternate Appearance Pack' DLC adds new costumes

According to BioWare, an upcoming DLC pack for Mass Effect 2 -- the Alternate Appearance Pack -- will feature new outfits for "your favorite squad members." Apparently, you don't like Miranda, Jacob, Grunt or Mordin, because this pack includes new costumes for Garrus, Thane, and Jack.

While these new outfits seem like an appropriate fit for the Cerberus Network, this is actually the second announced premium DLC offering for Mass Effect 2. Available on March 23rd, the pack will set you back $2 on Xbox 360 or PC. Let's hope the upcoming Kasumi's Stolen Memories add-on will be a bit more reasonably priced than these costumes.

2 bucks is about as cheap as DLC ever gets. That said I will definitely be passing on these, as they're my least-used characters. I'll just wait for a pack with Samara/Morinth costumes (it'd be neat if they made a Morinth-only one). (no matter what a new Tali costume will still just be an environment suit--they can't change it much)

Underwhelming. The mini-story they are trying to tell is vague at best. No additional dialog outside of the Hammerhead talking to you briefly, and a few data pads. If played during the normal course of the game you might not notice this as much, but on it's own, it's not particularly well done. But hey, it's free, right?

edit: Forgot to say that this DLC really feels like a test bed for vehicle exploration in ME3.

Edited by Duke Togo

I haven't played it yet, but the overwhelming sentiment on the official forums is that the Kasumi DLC mission (missions?) is among the very best in the game, and worth the price.

• 2 weeks later...

That's an old rumor, similar info was found out a while ago---they just didn't bother to extract the audio and put it on youtube. I currently have about 99% faith in it. Since the exact same stuff/info pointed to "DLC about a thief named Kasumi" when ME 2 first came out. "DLC with Liara and the Shadow broker" was found soon thereafter.

I hope this one is on the larger side. I wouldn't mind paying more for something with a bit more meat on it.

considering it's about

taking down the shadow broker

I hope it's more along the lines of the Dragon Age expansion than just a mission or two.

• 1 month later...

I heard a rumor about Grunt concerning his skills once you gain his loaylty (or lack thereof) in Mass Effect 2. The rumor is that BioWare didn't want Grunt to have a skill set tied to loyalty and the way around it is to show he has one, but not to give the players access to it. My brother got his loaylty but couldn't put points into his loaylty skill set, and he's wondering if it's a glitch, as am I.

Edited by Wanzerfan