Yamato 1/60 VF-11b under development

Is there a schedule as to when you can reveal the pics, or have they not mentioned a date that it would be OK? That's cool that they would give you a sneak peak, but I am curious why they would let you see them, but not let you post them for anyone else to see? Is it so you can write a review, etc?

Corporate espionage

Graham tests Yamato's prototype and also gives them feedback from the community since he runs a major macross forum, they allow him to see prototype pictures or the prototype itself with the one condition to keep quiet about it or the Yamato ninjas will get him

Actually no, I don't think they let him test the prototype, they have people that already do that working for Yamato, I think they just let him handle samples out of friendship, since he has been friends with them since they made the first Macross Plus toys.

Man, I saw this up at the top and got all excited.

An easy way to tell, is if you wake up one morning an see a poo ton of pages added.

So they are making the full armor for the new 1/60 vf-11, other wise whats the point!?

MAKE IT!!!

Which is that? Looks great.

I wonder why they still have not made the armor for the VF-0S? I would guess that would come out before the VF-11 armor.

I don't think Yamato has the License for the Macross 7 valks, so I guess you will just get your bog-standard Brownie VF-11B.

When does Bandais Mac7 license end btw, if ever?

Hey Spiff, what model is that btw?

Edited by DarkReaper

I don't think Yamato has the License for the Macross 7 valks, so I guess you will just get your bog-standard Brownie VF-11B.

Bandai has the Macross 7 license. Yamato has Macross Plus, so they are making a 1/60 VF-11B, which to me is much more appealing than the VF-11C from Macross 7. Nonetheless, if full armor is compatible with the B model, then it can be made, as it was not exclusive to 7(it was shown in games).

Which is that? Looks great.

I wonder why they still have not made the armor for the VF-0S? I would guess that would come out before the VF-11 armor.

I believe that's the very exclusive 1/100 armored add on from IHP for their variable VF-11C

wonder where he found that pic, never seen it before...

It wouldn't matter as long as Yamato still can make stuff from Macross VFX2, as the Protect Armor for the VF-11 is in that game. :)

I can't remember ever seeing a Brown VF-11. The dark grey VF-11B in Macross Plus, the CF white VF-11C, the Pink Peckers VF-11... And the VFX Ravens VF-11.

Now the questions are: Does Yamato still have the Macross VFX2 license? And if Yamato did have the Macross VFX2 license, would they make the Protect Armor?

It wouldn't matter as long as Yamato still can make stuff from Macross VFX2, as the Protect Armor for the VF-11 is in that game. :)

I can't remember ever seeing a Brown VF-11. The dark grey VF-11B in Macross Plus, the CF white VF-11C, the Pink Peckers VF-11... And the VFX Ravens VF-11.

Now the questions are: Does Yamato still have the Macross VFX2 license? And if Yamato did have the Macross VFX2 license, would they make the Protect Armor?

That's a good question as far as the VFX2 Licensing goes, But lets see what the new VF-11B will look like 1st, because, if it is as good as I think we are all hoping it looks, Than I can't see why the various Armor packs wouldn't follow suit.

Also, not sure if I missed it in the other postings, any rumors if the New VF-11 even comes with the Std FP's Isamu has in the opening scene of the OVA, Sorry if this question has already been asked!!

nope, nothing, nada, zip about the VF-11

only rumors is that it will have a proper canopy shield unlike the 1/72, it's dark gray and really cool... :o

judging by how the YF-21 and VF-1 were released, I supposed the VF-11 should come with the FP's shown on the OVA...they better!!

Were CAD's even shown at the show? I too am disapointed we aren't seeing ANYTHING yet.

Chris

Yeah, WHERE ARE MY PICTURES!!!!!?????

Since I started collecting.........a whole year ago. This is the one I am most looking forward too.

Just an FYI, I've found pics of Yamato's entire booth--and there's NOTHING new. Just 1/60 v2 Roy and Hikaru, 1/48 Max 1A and some non-Macross stuff. They either didn't bring any VF-11 stuff at all, or they're saving it for later in the show or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Seriously, should we lock the thread until there's REAL news/pics? It'd spare people a lot of hope/disappointment when they see there's a new post. I mean, we've had 2 full pages of nothing but "I saw a post and thought there was news, but there isn't". And that just leads to more people...

I'm really suprised by the level of secrecy that is apparently surrounding this thing....not even the 19 or the 21 was like this.....and they are the hero valks from M+. I hope it means that tis will be something special since the 11 is one of my fav's.

Chris

I think that this may be a pre-order for me, at least once there are new details that I can see. I liked the VF-11. There was something really special in its simplicity. There wasn't a lot of flashyness to it. It was a workhorse fighter, not unlike its namesake from previous generations.

Seriously, should we lock the thread until there's REAL news/pics? It'd spare people a lot of hope/disappointment when they see there's a new post. I mean, we've had 2 full pages of nothing but "I saw a post and thought there was news, but there isn't". And that just leads to more people...

I'm still excited about this future release because the VF-11B is without doubt probably my favorite Valkyrie design, as really it does not look or resemble any Modern Day US or Russian fighter I have ever seen. Plus a Gunpod with a Bayonet...Love it!!

However, Yamato is being either very hush, hush about this 1/60. Or its a ways off from being done. Instead of a darkened silhouette of what they have.... show us a concept picture or something, So I have to agree on maybe putting this thread on hold til some real info comes out!!!