Macross Ace Frontier for the PSP.

That's your fault for shooting at friendlies. :lol:

I unlocked the limiters. Pilot has one more stat to reach 99. Still have not played multiplayer

Nope, like I said, stopped shooting him a while ago. Right now he usually gets either taken out when those to nasty large vajra in the 3rd wave attack, or when Brera lets loose. And the rare times he survives past Brera's first missile strike, I usually don't :)

Heh, you guys & I'm still on the M7 missions. Actually on the enemy missions and getting creamed by Basara and Mylene, oh the shame. LOL!

REally enjoying this game and M7 era.

Graham

If you see a heart & 3 music notes over your HP, dash away from them ASAP. Basara/Mylene's attacks are proximity based. Once the speaker pods are in, if you dash away the singing won't affect you.

I'm trying to order the game from Amazon.co.jp but I keep getting the following message:

I don't get it; why can't I purchase this game? I've purchased CDs (Macross Frontier OSTs) and Blu-ray discs (Macross Frontier) from them before, so what makes this game any different? Is there someone here that can translate Kanji well? I'm taking a Japanese class...but I'm struggling with the Katakana and Hiragana as it is...Kanji is way over my head. Why can't they use rooma-ji? ='(

Yesasia should be able to ship the game out.

I don't know about your country though.

I have to use Yesasia this time round to get a game ^^;

Nope, like I said, stopped shooting him a while ago. Right now he usually gets either taken out when those to nasty large vajra in the 3rd wave attack, or when Brera lets loose. And the rare times he survives past Brera's first missile strike, I usually don't :)

Then use the "taunt" skill which makes all enemies target you instead of your ally. It comes default with Michel and is the skill with the double exclamation marks (!!).

I never needed to use it though. Brera's a cakewalk compared to the nasty red vajras.

Hi all! :) I need some help with Mission 4 from the Macross timeline, no matter what i try, i can't seem to get an S on this mission!! I'm using

the Strike VF-1S, have tried most combinations of special skills, but no go. How's you guys 'S' this mission?

Thanks a bunch! :D

That's another little annoyance about the EX missions, no matter how much you level up that pilot, their skills & levels stay stock for that particular stage. At least Valkyrie tune points still increase, but not enough to dominate it. Right now I'm levelling up all the Frontier pilots with full hearts (just need Macro Klan, Miclone Klan, and the two Vajra), hoping once everyone for all era's is maxed out in hearts, it'll unlock something.

I'm trying to order the game from Amazon.co.jp but I keep getting the following message:

I don't get it; why can't I purchase this game? I've purchased CDs (Macross Frontier OSTs) and Blu-ray discs (Macross Frontier) from them before, so what makes this game any different?

Amazon JP, Amazon UK and Amazon US don't usually ship toys or games to overseas addresses. Not sure why, but all are the same.

Graham

Hi all! :) I need some help with Mission 4 from the Macross timeline, no matter what i try, i can't seem to get an S on this mission!! I'm using

the Strike VF-1S, have tried most combinations of special skills, but no go. How's you guys 'S' this mission?

Pretty sure I S ranked that using a maxed out YF-21. That plane just rocks in this game (and has a pretty broken special that one shots almost everything, even most bosses).

Thought people here might be interested in this:

http://www.gamesetwatch.com/2008/10/column...across_pion.php

I left out Macross VO because I wanted to cover the console iterations.

hmm interesting the reviewer says he's not talking about Robotech not because he's a purist otaku, but because it has more of the same problems... personally I think it would have been worth talking about how Robotech: Battlecry tackled the issue of the Gerwalk. I thought that was one of the things it really shined at was giving it a specific purpose... as a search and rescue, thing for picking up hostages and such... giving you a reason to use it. It was a little clunky but I thought it wasn't too hard to use compared to the other modes and it was good for doing a missle barrage while standing still in the air too.

Anyway Macross Ace Frontier... I want it, but is that and Sakura Taisen 1 and 2 handheld version enough reason for me to pick up a PSP? I'm not sure.

hmm interesting the reviewer says he's not talking about Robotech not because he's a purist otaku, but because it has more of the same problems... personally I think it would have been worth talking about how Robotech: Battlecry tackled the issue of the Gerwalk. I thought that was one of the things it really shined at was giving it a specific purpose... as a search and rescue, thing for picking up hostages and such... giving you a reason to use it. It was a little clunky but I thought it wasn't too hard to use compared to the other modes and it was good for doing a missle barrage while standing still in the air too.

Anyway Macross Ace Frontier... I want it, but is that and Sakura Taisen 1 and 2 handheld version enough reason for me to pick up a PSP? I'm not sure.

You know, the "box" missions in MAF would have been much cooler if you used gerwalk to carry the boxes.

You know, the "box" missions in MAF would have been much cooler if you used gerwalk to carry the boxes.

You can use gerwalk to carry boxes, you just can't transform when you're holding a box.

If that's the one with the big Zentradi ship at the end, take out all the smaller flying pods & regults before you take on the big ship. There are 2 main types of missions in the game. Ones where you have to kill the boss ASAP to get an S when they show up, and ones where you have to take out every small fry in the game before taking out a bigger ship. How do you tell the difference? If it's a big name boss, then go at them ASAP, if it's a noname big ship, do the other.

The only real exception is the mission where you have to ignore Kamjin, and go after Milia when she shows up, then hurry back over to finish off Kamjin before he runs away.

Sigh... YF-21 in PVP is a bore... in a four player melee, and that bloke just waited to fill up his super and slams it. Insta-death!

And you can't do anything about it w/o going to Battroid to block it. It should've halved the players health when using that special. :p

Edited by runab0ut

muhahhaha YF-21 is KING of pvp! :p

Maybe in the next game they could have an after effect from missing or not dishing out an instant kill by reducing the 21 to fighter mode only (i.e. no limbs)

And how about in the second game you could use your special for a super PPB explosion to withstand those powerful attacks.

Oh yeah, i can't wait to play this game...

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just played the M7 Ex-mission where you play Mylene flying the red VF-1J. Man, after getting used to the souped up VF-17 and VF-22, the VF-1 really seems slow and weak. Sort of makes me not looking forward to playing the SDF missions now. :p

Anybody know how you unlock Max's blue VF-22?

Graham

Sigh... YF-21 in PVP is a bore... in a four player melee, and that bloke just waited to fill up his super and slams it. Insta-death!

And you can't do anything about it w/o going to Battroid to block it. It should've halved the players health when using that special. :p

Or dash at the last minute.

Or you could just disable SP attacks in the game setup.

muhahhaha YF-21 is KING of pvp! :p

Maybe in the next game they could have an after effect from missing or not dishing out an instant kill by reducing the 21 to fighter mode only (i.e. no limbs)

And how about in the second game you could use your special for a super PPB explosion to withstand those powerful attacks.

Oh yeah, i can't wait to play this game...

Or its a semi-kamikaze attack that reduces your own valk to half HP due to the stress it deals on the pilot. :lol:

That's ok broken ribs and eye balls popped i still got the BDI. :p

But yes, seriously it's a one time trick hahahha. It should deal HP to the 21, not that it would matter seeing how it kills rather easily from reports. Certainly would make things interesting.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Just played the M7 Ex-mission where you play Mylene flying the red VF-1J. Man, after getting used to the souped up VF-17 and VF-22, the VF-1 really seems slow and weak. Sort of makes me not looking forward to playing the SDF missions now. :p

Anybody know how you unlock Max's blue VF-22?

Graham

It's the EX version of the operatior stargazer (forget the in game title) mission. And yes, the Macross era Valkyries are slow, but once you unlock the tune limiter, just about any

Valkyrie becomes a super kill machine.

As for the YF-21, I haven't played many Vs matches (just against my brother), but in theory, if you activate your super when they activate theirs, they shouldn't do any damage to you.

Edited by Keith

As for the YF-21, I haven't played many Vs matches (just against my brother), but in theory, if you activate your super when they activate theirs, they shouldn't do any damage to you.

True, but not practical in an intense firefight with more than two players flinging out missiles left and right + hunting down your target.

It's possible. Its easier with the tune limiter off though, but it's still possible. The easiest way is to go it alone (select no partner) and use your most tuned fighter. Completely ignore all enemies, and just target the boxes, as has been pointed out earier, to target the boxes hold down on the crosspad (assuming you're using that for movement) while selecting your target. Then just dash over to the circle, and repeat until all three are done. After that, meelee kill all enemies in the area (try to save Gigil for last), and if Gigil lives long enough, you'll get a extra mini wave of Varuta. Kill them, Kill Gigil, and hope that Gamlin hasn't finished Gigil before you, and you should get an S/SS.

BTW, has anyone else gone completely fanatical about leveling everything up? Right now I've got all the mecha 100%, just need the Vajra, Bodolza, & the Zentradi Soldier. And I've got about 15 pilots with full hearts. After I get all the hearts filled (since I think you can only raise that state by using your main character, with whoever you're rasiing as your wingman), I'll go back and max out everyones pilot points (since you can do that while playing as the character), and I'll have everything 100% leveled. Doubt it'll unlock anything in this game, but it may unlock something in the next.

Edited by Keith

Keith...you're mad. I don't have that much endurance as you. :lol:

And considering i'm getting Red Alert 3, Dead Space and Fallout 3 for the PC, i doubt i'll be as mad as you.

That's just Gamlin rubbing off on you.

BTW, has anyone else gone completely fanatical about leveling everything up? Right now I've got all the mecha 100%,

I doubt I'll be that fanatical. So far I'm still on the M7 missions with about 14 hours spent on the game. I'll probably start on the M+ missions in the next day or so. I'm saving the Frontier missions until last.

At the moment, I'm just tuning up only the mecha I like to the max.

If you have to get an 'S' rank on every mission in every era to unlock the tuning limiter, it's going to take me a long time (if ever) before I unlock it. (does that include Ex missions?).

Graham

Ive been leveling up mine in the SDF missions, I just play missions with lots of kill point potential over and over, and while im there I try different combos and skills etc. helps no end if you and your wing man have the same mech.

i guess htis is a game i will play over and over much like the PS2 game as I still break that out. It was after all the only reason I bought a Japanese PS2.

Howdy!!

I don't know if anyone already mention this in the past but..

You can pick up Boxes while in GERWALK mode. "Why would you do that?" you might ask... well.. it saves time because you are much faster and mobile then in battroid mode.

O.K lets get to "HOW TO"

1. Start as Battroid.

2. Press R button (or down direction+ R if there are multiple enemies on the screen) to lock on the box.

3. Press L button to line your Battroid to box then transform to GERWALK. This will obviously cause your VF to fly toward the box.

4. Right before your VF reaches the Box, press L button. Your VF should turn and pick up the box while in GERWALK mode.

5. Now, move to the target area (green zone if you will) and press primary weapon button to release.

I got SS on all the box missions because I saved so much time moving boxes in GERWALK mode (Especially if you maxed the mobility and speed of your VF). You can use boost to move even faster to save more time.

Enjoy

Now I'm starting to hate this thread, I envy you guys who can joyfully play this game (bangs head to desk..).

Anyway, I got a question, does the Varauta Patzerzorene (upgraded FZ-109 Elgerzorene IIRC) is available in the game? If it does, can it transform to gerwalk mode?

AFAIK Pantzerzorene doesn't have Gerwalk mode (I can't find any lineart of it in Gerwalk mode in both Kawamori design book and Miyatake's).

Now excuse me, I need to wipe the blood off my desk....

Thanks for all the tips on the box missions guys.

On the M7 box mission, I can now get all three boxes to the green area, kill between 20-30+ Fz-109A and Gigle, but I’m still only getting an A rank. :(

Haven’t tried moving the boxes in Gerwalk yet though. Will try hat tonight.

Graham