[TOTAL]Macross F, BUGs!!!!(Updating...)

MacrossCN

I couldn't get a screenshot of it, but around 18:51 in episode 14, on the second missile volley that Alto fires, in the upper left corner of the screen one of the missiles is an Appale Genki can from Macross Zero. :) It's there for an instant. I used Windows Media Player classic to go frame by frame, but I forgot how to take screenshots (I'm using the CCC supplied WMPC, which I believe has screenshots disabled).

A challenge to MF members, free Yoshinol to those who can capture a beer can missiles in MF. ^_^

There has been one? Or do you want us chasing our tails??

Taksraven

Well...it WAS Carl Macek, but he eventually quit. Now it's some guy whose name is Yun or Yune or Yunee. ;)

C'mon, I'm sure that he will always be the Robotech Fairy to most people!

Taksraven

C'mon, I'm sure that he will always be the Robotech Fairy to most people!

Taksraven

WAAAY off topic here, but as much as I dislike Robotech, I try to cut Carl Macek some slack. He is, after all, a big Macross fan, and we wouldn't have had it in the U.S. if it weren't for him. I wish he'd gone about it in a different way, but slipping and sliding through broadcast regulations and copyright issues isn't easy.

Streamline wasn't a great company, but they at least gave a half-assed stab at releasing the original components of Robotech with subs. Much later, I thought he did a good job with Dunbine.

And all of the things I really hate Harmony Gold for were none of Macek's doing.

He's no Great Mastermind or Godfather of Anime in the U.S. or anything, but he worked hard on behalf of anime at a time when few were receptive, and helped open the floodgates, so for that, at least, I think he deserves some credit.

Sandy Frank, on the other hand, deserves to smoke at least twenty extra turds in hell for what he did to Gatchaman.

Did anyone notice that the chest launchers on Alto and Ozma's armoured packs opened differently, Ozma's opened inwards so to speak like the old GBP-1 while Alto's opened outward.

post-8290-1215960510_thumb.jpgpost-8290-1215960499_thumb.jpg

Edited by d3v

Different armour packs? (Ozuma's vs. Aruto's?) Or (and I think it is this one) the animators changed it to keep the hatches from blocking our view of the missiles.

That second one is most likely it, we want different angles of missile firings so the hatches need to alternate somehow. That can only be anime magic though unless we really want to presume they designed them different for whatever reason. You could say I guess that Ozma's is an older pack and Alto's was made more recently but we don't know that. Gilliam could have used that armor pack before but it seems clearance is rarely granted for more than one pilot to use those packs.

That second one is most likely it, we want different angles of missile firings so the hatches need to alternate somehow. That can only be anime magic though unless we really want to presume they designed them different for whatever reason. You could say I guess that Ozma's is an older pack and Alto's was made more recently but we don't know that. Gilliam could have used that armor pack before but it seems clearance is rarely granted for more than one pilot to use those packs.

I think it'd be more that Alto's still the newest recruit and his track record with armor packs and suits in general isn't the best. The heavy pack is probably the most expensive out of the available lists.

Oh I think the door can be opened either way, giving optimal flight path for the missile depends on where the targets are. They better replicate it in the toy! :lol: :lol:

It can also be that the toy maker ask the animators to change it to make their toy design easier... ^_^

Oh I think the door can be opened either way, giving optimal flight path for the missile depends on where the targets are. They better replicate it in the toy! :lol: :lol:

It can also be that the toy maker ask the animators to change it to make their toy design easier... ^_^

That second statement sounds highly plausible to me actually.

I'm not sure if anyone has pointed this out, but I just remembered that I saw some sort of bug... In the first episode, (I don't know what you call those guys who direct the planes... in one scene, there's one of them down there, but in the back view, he's gone):

post-6052-1217600393_thumb.jpg

Edited by mike_s_6

In Ep 15 with Ozmas Lancia overhead shot, you can see the back end of the car slowly moving away. I guess they somehow forget to group the part with the car when they did the animations. :)

Despite that I'm still at odds on which is more bad-ass: Ozma's VF-25S or his car? :ph34r:

I don't think this counts as an animation error. Language, yes. But there are other threads for that.

Food for thought: maybe they were trying to say "diary"?

I always thought the Japanese R and L mixup was exaggerated but COME ON!!!

snapshot20080718233649in6.jpg

I don't think this counts as an animation error. Language, yes. But there are other threads for that.

Food for thought: maybe they were trying to say "diary"?

Though I thought it read "diary" upon initial viewing, it does make more sense for it to be "daily" as ComicKaze pointed out. (I believe I also mentally transposed the L and F in "Life" to make it "Diary File" as well, making it work out in the end.) After all, the image seems to be real-time in terms of the episode as its showing Ranka on her way to greet Sheryl with Alto.

Though I thought it read "diary" upon initial viewing, it does make more sense for it to be "daily" as ComicKaze pointed out. (I believe I also mentally transposed the L and F in "Life" to make it "Diary File" as well, making it work out in the end.) After all, the image seems to be real-time in terms of the episode as its showing Ranka on her way to greet Sheryl with Alto.

Yeah, it's probably "Daily" since there are no "L's" in Japanese...

In Ep 15 with Ozmas Lancia overhead shot, you can see the back end of the car slowly moving away. I guess they somehow forget to group the part with the car when they did the animations. :)

that's not a mistake, is a new way of making Yamato QC issues canon! :lol: