About the Macross Chronicles

Got my fourth and fifth binders about 6 weeks ago, so I think I should be set for the remaining issues. ^_^

Yeah, I went to HMV and ordered the 3 that I need. Normally, I would have waited and bought them as I needed them, but I don't want to get stuck with a bunch of issues and no binder to put them in.

Well...they've done all the Macross II characters except Wendy Ryder. We *might* be done with the Mardook mecha, there will probably be one or two more Civilian mecha sheets, and definitely four more U.N.S. mecha sheets.

I hope they'll include it in the History Sheets, but I kind of wonder at this point...

A B sheet for Sylvie would certainly be welcome (pilot suit, for example. For those of us who own previous MII books, those images exist aplenty)

A B sheet for Marduke's people (the emulators and cyborg-like advisors are still missing)

Aforementioned Wendy Rider page

There will probably be a VFIISS B sheet with super pack (it's shown with it in the splash page of A sheet) and:

02 VFIIJA

03 Metal Siren

03 VFXX Zentran

04 TheGervalkOnlyMecha

A B sheet for NUNS spaceships (some are still missing, refitted Zentran's included)

There should also be a B sheet for Marduke's Mecha. The transformable one hasn't been shown.

There will probably be a VFIISS B sheet with super pack (it's shown with it in the splash page of A sheet) and:

Hopefully the B sheet will also cover a bit about the auto-attack bits.

02 VFIIJA

Eh? You mean the VF-2JA Icarus, right?

04 TheGervalkOnlyMecha

The "GERWALKroid" is probably going to fall under the header of "destroids".

Too late friends, the binders are gone.(HMV, HLJ, Amazon) :(

Another place to get them?

Crap... makes me glad I got my 4th and 5th binders when I got issue 35... there're a couple up for sale on eBay from a well-regarded seller in case anyone's desperate.

Chronicle #37:

Mechanic Sheet

* VF-171EX Nightmare Plus EX

* U.N. Spacy Transport Planes / Aircraft

* VF-11 Thunderbolt

* Poaching Ships

* Nopti-Baganis 5631

Character Sheet

* People of Macross Frontier NUNS

* Grace O'Connor

* Jammingbirds

Timeline Sheet

* The End of the Varauta War [already???]

History Sheet

* First Contact

* Space War I

World Guide Sheet

* The Galactic Thought Connection Network Plan

Glossary Sheet

Jun ~ Interstellar Republic [who's Jun?]

Production Sheet

* Macross 7 / The Galaxy Is Calling Me! / Macross Dynamite 7

I can't believe they won't print more binders soon. Amazon.co.jp still has them.

I'll check Kinokuniya on Friday, and see what they say.

I'll make my own binders. :angry:

Anyone have some scans of the binders and/or index tabs for printing?

So, now that 36 is out, can I get a yea or nay as to whether the "destroids" mechanic sheet was Macross II stuff?

Just picked up the issue. "Yea" on the MacII destroids. Actually, this is the first time I have seen lineart for them (as for most of the MII stuff, in fact). Kind of interesting. The Tomahawk II looks a lot like that Neo Nousjadeul Ger or whatever from the M2036 videogame.

And I notice that a few of them have skates/rollers on the feet like the Cheyennes would later on. The Monster II looks pretty stupid, though.

Contents of #36 in detail:

MF movie poster. Like a gallery sheet, but not labeled as such.

Regaado Battle Pod - has recon, small and large missile varients on reverse briefly. I truly hope this doesn't mean that this is all that we'll see of the varients!

SDF-1: SDFM B sheet. Transformation, pre- and post-affixing of the Daedalus and Prometheus.

MBR-07-Mk II: gots the MBR-07-MkI as an extra report on the back. Glad that those rough designs have been made official.

"Vehicles of Macross": DYRL. RC-4E Rabbit and Large Crane. I glanced over the Rabbit for references to it being able to extend it's legs... did see leg or foot written a number of times... need proper translation to be more conclusive on the "can it or can't it walk" debate.

Destroids: MII. All 4. (Monster II, Phalanx (Kai), Defender EX, Tomahawk II). There's a bunch of lineart not in the TIA book, but I've seen it before in the Palladium MII RPG book before.

Sheryl Nome: C sheet that looks like it's got all the TV series costumes.

Zentraadi Soldiers:

Ivano Gepurnich: "gender: male". Otherwise... no lineart or art of the Protodevlin...

Krore [Klore]: nice, clean art of the costumes. Why couldn't DYRL be this easy on the eyes? Anyhows... always thought there was something retro and '70's about Meltraandi uniforms...

Timeline: Operation Stargazer to the "death" of Basara.

History: Omni-directional barrier overload...

Tech: VF countermeasures - 2 pages. ISC gets mention on the 1st page in an extra report. Middle has: Energy Conversion Armour, Arm Shield, Pinpoint Barrier, Anti-laser armour, Armour pack, Chaff/Flare/Smoke, and Stealth. Also an extra report on Vajra countermeasures (energy conversion armour, "Depth Charge" anti-missile net, etc.). And the reverse of the 2nd page is on ship and destroid countermeasures, with an extra report on emigrant fleet countermeasures (New Macross Class and Environment Ship being singled out).

Glossary: non-animated series content - the Jamming Sound System from VF-X2. Woot.

Images of next issue: Tenjin Hidetaka painted VF-171EX FTW! Grace O'conner. VF-1D Kai "Jamming Bird" (as it's the mecha, me thinks that's what the VF-11 Thunderbolt mechanic sheet is going to be).

Just picked up the issue. "Yea" on the MacII destroids. Actually, this is the first time I have seen lineart for them (as for most of the MII stuff, in fact). Kind of interesting. The Tomahawk II looks a lot like that Neo Nousjadeul Ger or whatever from the M2036 videogame.

And I notice that a few of them have skates/rollers on the feet like the Cheyennes would later on. The Monster II looks pretty stupid, though.

They are interesting, in their own way. Though, other than the Monster II, they don't really look like (the) Macross Destroids to me. I think there's something to toy-like about them. Hmmm... the lack of fine details (such as thin AA laser turret barrels, antenna) amongst the thick armour, perhaps?

They are interesting, in their own way. Though, other than the Monster II, they don't really look like (the) Macross Destroids to me. I think there's something to toy-like about them. Hmmm... the lack of fine details (such as thin AA laser turret barrels, antenna) amongst the thick armour, perhaps?

Just curious: did they cram them on one page only???? I hope not!

More images than in the Tia book, seems like they got MII Bible as reference, then. Which is good.

Yeah, it is a bit of an interesting coincidence that Macross II's mechanical designers were the first in Macross to mount wheels in the feet of the destroids to give them a faster and more efficient means of getting around than having to walk everywhere. Probably a lot easier on the pavement too. I'd honestly hesitate to draw a link between the wheels in the feet of the Macross II destroids and Kawamori's use of wheeled feet in the Cheyenne I and II. I'd also hesitate to call the Giant Monster a proper destroid, since it's essentially incapable of walking, and depending on circumstances has to get around either by being airlifted by two VTOL carrier jets, and then by a mixture of gravity control and hovercraft tech, and gets around in space with a linear propulsion system. It's really more along the lines of an extravagantly large self-propelled gun platform.

Finally, VF-171EX and a nice cover pic as well. Hopefully, there will be lots of juicy specs and techy info.

Here's hoping they'll confirm that designation for its beam cannon as well...

Destroids: MII. All 4. (Monster II, Phalanx (Kai), Defender EX, Tomahawk II). There's a bunch of lineart not in the TIA book, but I've seen it before in the Palladium MII RPG book before.

Ah, they must be tapping either B-Club 79 or Entertainment Bible 51 then. I wonder what, if anything, they intend to do about the GERWALKroid, since it's neither a proper Valkyrie nor a proper destroid.

Yes. Though, given that they are a background element that doesn't appear very much in the series, it's not surprising.

Disappointing... but not at all surprising.

I'd honestly hesitate to draw a link between the wheels in the feet of the Macross II destroids and Kawamori's use of wheeled feet in the Cheyenne I and II.

Would there be less hesitation if I were to point out that Kawamori did not design the Cheyenne (either of them)?

Not that I'd adamantly assert that I knew for a fact those wheels on the Cheyenne are an homage to the Macross II destroids or anything, though.

Not that I'd adamantly assert that I knew for a fact those wheels on the Cheyenne are an homage to the Macross II destroids or anything, though.

If anything, the wheels are based off of those in the VOTOMS. Which, as it predates MII, is possibly also the source for those destroids, too.

I can't believe they won't print more binders soon. Amazon.co.jp still has them.

I'll check Kinokuniya on Friday, and see what they say.

Lovely, my last 3 binders just came. There goes $40 in shipping fees. :(

Unless you have issues with paying the ridiculous international shipping rate, Amazon still has them.

Linky