About the Macross Chronicles

My enthusiasm for Miho and Sally is mellowed by the fact that there's more Minmay. :blink: Are we done with her yet????

Of course there's more! They're NEAR the end of the TV show but not AT the end yet...and there's still DYRL Minmay and FB2012 Minmay to go...

To suck people dry of Spiritia????

And to look as silly as possible while doing so!

Now my question may seem a little bit silly, but for those of you who have purchased the Gundam and Evangelion Chronicles: did they put out new issues to cover the more recent series? In other words, based on past experience, do you think the Macross F movie(s) will be included in our beloved Chronicle or that there will be more issues coming out at a later time after #50 to maybe cover new installments of Macross?

Now my question may seem a little bit silly, but for those of you who have purchased the Gundam and Evangelion Chronicles: did they put out new issues to cover the more recent series? In other words, based on past experience, do you think the Macross F movie(s) will be included in our beloved Chronicle or that there will be more issues coming out at a later time after #50 to maybe cover new installments of Macross?

I didn't collect them, but I do know that the Gundam one was meant to be 100 issues long, but enough stuff came out over those four years to necessitate adding issues...it was 150 issues when it finished.

Eva Chronicle didn't cover the new movies...but I believe it finished some time before Eva 1.0 came out.

So yes, it's possible they'll add the Frontier movies into the mix.

I didn't collect them, but I do know that the Gundam one was meant to be 100 issues long, but enough stuff came out over those four years to necessitate adding issues...it was 150 issues when it finished.

Eva Chronicle didn't cover the new movies...but I believe it finished some time before Eva 1.0 came out.

So yes, it's possible they'll add the Frontier movies into the mix.

Then let's hope so! Thanks a lot.

Then let's hope so! Thanks a lot.

I collected both. Gundam ended up being 150 issues and didnt cover 00 (not that thats any loss imo :p ) and Eva was 30 issues and ended just before 1.0 was released.

With the Macross Chronicles still being published as the new Frontier movies come out, I cant see why they wouldnt cover them. I mean, they covered the Mac F concerts mere weeks after they were held, so I would be surprised if the movies didnt get a few pages somewhere.

Im curious as to how long the series will be though. Personally I'm thinking 50 issues. Anyone else heard anything?

I collected both. Gundam ended up being 150 issues and didnt cover 00 (not that thats any loss imo :p ) and Eva was 30 issues and ended just before 1.0 was released.

With the Macross Chronicles still being published as the new Frontier movies come out, I cant see why they wouldnt cover them. I mean, they covered the Mac F concerts mere weeks after they were held, so I would be surprised if the movies didnt get a few pages somewhere.

Im curious as to how long the series will be though. Personally I'm thinking 50 issues. Anyone else heard anything?

Of course, I'm not expecting too much new stuff for the MF movies so I'm not expecting anything really new at this point.

From the listings I've seen, the Chronicle is charted out till issue 50. But that may be an estimate from the distributor so I can't be sure about it.

The latest release mentions that next issue (#31) will have stickers for binders #4 and 5. Couple that with a significant increase in the number of characters and mecha covered (4 mecha, 5 characters), I'm thinking that they are aiming for #50 issues. I don't think the MF movie(s) will warrant that many new pages.

My enthusiasm for Miho and Sally is mellowed by the fact that there's more Minmay. :blink: Are we done with her yet????

Issue #30 has her costumes in the final SDF:M episodes. There's probably 2, maybe 3 more at most (the aforementioned DYRL, and FB2012 costumes)

There's more????

Yup. The "M" sheet (Developement history 1) only covers the initial motivations for creating a combined battroid and jet fighter vehicle (text on front). Given the amount of information available in other sources (TIAS:M+, for example), there's probably enough info for another 2 pages. Mind you, they've covered a lot earlier in the Tech Sheets on Valkyries.

There was also a coloring issue with the face of the VF-19S as well.

Bah, two of my favorite mecha, the VF-17S and VF-19S and they screw up the face coloring. :(

Graham

I'll do my best to ensure my colors are correct for the M3. Feel free to offer constructive criticism in the next update :)

Chronicle #31:

Mechanic Sheet

* VF-11 Thunderbolt

* QF-2001 Ghost / QF-2200D Ghost

* Queadluun-Rau

* VF-171 Nightmare Plus

Awesomeness. I wonder if we'll get any more embellishment on the Q-Rau.

• 2 weeks later...

Chronicle #32:

Mechanic Sheet

* RVF-25 Messiah

* AIF-7S Ghost

* Macross 5 Fleet

* Stellar Whale

* Noputi Baganis 5631

Character Sheet

* Luca Angeloni

* The People of Mayan Island

* Lynn Minmay [HI AZRAEL!]

* Britai 7018 / Exsedol 4970

Timeline Sheet

* The Threat of Sivil

History Sheet

* Operation Stargazer

World Guide Sheet

* Space War I

Glossary Sheet

* Gaviglago ~ Kim Kabirov

Good Sheet

* Drama CDs

Mechanic Sheet

* AIF-7S Ghost

*pray* Please have a clear and concise answer as to the exact difference between this and the QF-4000 Ghost. The Glossary doesn't make it quite clear... */pray*

* Stellar Whale

Space whales are mecha? :blink:

Character Sheet

* Lynn Minmay [HI AZRAEL!]

Minmay is now the VF-1 of the Character sheets. There, I said it.

Minmay is now the VF-1 of the Character sheets. There, I said it.

No kidding... though Mylene can sure give her a run for her money. What letter's she up to now? G?

*sigh* Yet another issue with no Macross II content... what gives?

Stickers for binders 4 & 5 included in #31. Also on the backcover:

Pict of 5 binders w/ caption along the lines of "completely fits all 50 issues!", followed by, in really small text: (planned).

Binder organization they recommend:

#1: Mechanic sheets

#2: Character sheets

#3: timeline, history, technology, worldguide sheets.

#4: glossary, gallery, song, goods, making, and extra sheets.

@Seto: Mac II content's been appearing in the past few issues (leading up to, and including #31), in the glossary sheets. For example, in #31, there's: Operaton Minmei, and GERWALKroid (gerwalkroid? Not sure the best way to romanize it).

And for those wondering, issue 31's:

Queadluun Rau is SDF:M's B sheet.

Minmei is DYRL's A sheet.

@Seto: Mac II content's been appearing in the past few issues (leading up to, and including #31), in the glossary sheets. For example, in #31, there's: Operaton Minmei, and GERWALKroid (gerwalkroid? Not sure the best way to romanize it).

And for those wondering, issue 31's:

Queadluun Rau is SDF:M's B sheet.

Minmei is DYRL's A sheet.

*facedesk*

Yeah, I'd noticed a few Macross II-isms in the glossary sheets, but I'm after something a bit more substantial than that.

(Also, yes, the romanization is "GERWALKroid")

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macrossplus/st...ner-lineart.gif

Macross Plus, the transport Myung boards to commute back to Earth.

Good find!

I was confused, because first of all, in Dynamite Seven they never actually call the whale a "Stellar Whale" in katakana (and it's actually "sutaaraa hoeeru", instead of "suteeraa" which is kind of odd), they always use the Japanese "Ginga Kujira". Also, by coincidence this week's Chronicle actually has a feature on the real Ginga Kujira under the World Guide section, not the mecha section, which makes more sense.

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure if I added these before or not. They're the second set of postcards received from the Macross Chronicle mail-in:

IIRC, they will only accept from a Japan address, so many of us do not apply for the mail-in bonus.

Chronicles #33:

Mechanic Sheet

* Macross Quarter

* ADR-04-Mkâ…© Defender

* VF-5000 Star Mirage

* Vf-27 Lucifer

Character Sheet

* SMS Crew

* Brera Sterne

* Warera / Loli / Conda

* Planet Zola Patrol Team

Timeline Sheet

* The Secret of Planet Lux

History Sheet

* The Bird Human Conflict

Technology Sheet

* Emigration Fleets

Glossary Sheet

* Kim Saintlaurant ~ Queadluun Rau

Good Sheet

* Yamato 1/60 YF-19

Extra Sheet

* Production Data: Super Dimension Fortress Macross

* VF-5000 Star Mirage - B-sheet or a 1-pager

We are due for a B sheet (FAST packs et al), but I'm also hoping that it's the first of a handful of sheets for designs that appeared in non-animated parts of the series.

Stickers for binders 4 & 5 included in #31. Also on the backcover:

Pict of 5 binders w/ caption along the lines of "completely fits all 50 issues!", followed by, in really small text: (planned).

Binder organization they recommend:

#1: Mechanic sheets

#2: Character sheets

#3: timeline, history, technology, worldguide sheets.

#4: glossary, gallery, song, goods, making, and extra sheets.

That's good to know. Part of me wants this to go on and on to be the ultimate Macross reference, and the other part hopes that it will be done at 50. For some reason I feel compelled to complete this series, and I will be relieved when I don't have to keep dishing out the money to keep up with it.

That's good to know. Part of me wants this to go on and on to be the ultimate Macross reference, and the other part hopes that it will be done at 50. For some reason I feel compelled to complete this series, and I will be relieved when I don't have to keep dishing out the money to keep up with it.

I feel exactly the same way. I'm sorry it's more than halfway finsihed, but I'll be glad when it's over. ^_^

Before it slips my mind... the sheets in #32 are:

Macross 5 Fleet 14B (Zentraadi styled Stealth Frigate & Neo-Noputi Baganisu Bis) - complete with line-art of the Frigate's bridge for the win!

Noputi Baganisu 5631 03C (DYRL) - starting from the end?

Buritai / Exsedol 01a (DYRL) - both on one?

Minmei 01B (DYRL) - costumes up to the orange pilot suit she's seen in while riding the VT-1. We can expect at least one more...

(The other mechanic and character sheets are all A sheets.)

Timeline is up to the intro of Emerald Force. Is it just me, or are they going light speed through M7?

History 9B Operation Stargazer (the rescue the citizens of the M5 fleet)

Worldguide 23A (2 sheets) Space War 1 - shouldn't this be covered in the history sheets? Anyhow, some cool pictures, but no VEFR-1 (er, VF-1G). But the ARMD charging into battle with the SDF-1 is a nice touch.

The latest release mentions that next issue (#31) will have stickers for binders #4 and 5. Couple that with a significant increase in the number of characters and mecha covered (4 mecha, 5 characters), I'm thinking that they are aiming for #50 issues. I don't think the MF movie(s) will warrant that many new pages.

That was what a couple of bookstore owners were telling me as well.

In their catalogs the issue count doesn't go past 50. However they wouldn't commit to the idea that it would end there.

*facedesk*

Yeah, I'd noticed a few Macross II-isms in the glossary sheets, but I'm after something a bit more substantial than that.

(Also, yes, the romanization is "GERWALKroid")

A one of my favorite MII concepts, the AGA-1JF Gerwalk mode mecha. B))

Before it slips my mind... the sheets in #32 are:

Timeline is up to the intro of Emerald Force. Is it just me, or are they going light speed through M7?

I wonder what the backlash was for M7 in Japan?

If it isn't that popular outside of the music, that may explain the speedy coverage...

I wonder what the backlash was for M7 in Japan?

If it isn't that popular outside of the music, that may explain the speedy coverage...

Who said anything about backlash? I'm guessing it's based on the lack of significant plot points (other than those related to character development).

Also, careful about using made up Palladium terminology. I direct your attention to exhibit A: TIAS: MII for collaberative evidence on the proper nomenclature.

Who said anything about backlash? I'm guessing it's based on the lack of significant plot points (other than those related to character development).

Kawamori said it in an interview posted on these boards. I'm not 100% sure he used the term "backlash", but there was some reference about negativity toward Mac7. Unfortunately the translator (can't recall the member) didn't elaborate on the context of the comment.

Edited by Zinjo