* ■テクノロジーシート

・宇宙服

* ■用語辞典

・VF-1 バルキリー~ブリタイ0718

Could someone translate it?

Edited by nexxstrait

Could someone translate it?

Sure, we can have a stab at it...

Mechanic SheetsVF-4 Lightning III (w00t)VF-1A ValkyrieSDR-04 Mk.XII PhalanxNupetiet Vergnitzs 5361VF-11B ThunderboltMacross 7 FleetVF-2SS Valkyrie II (B-sheet)

Character Sheets

Maximilian Jenius (DYRL)Gadget M. Chiba (M7)

Timeline Sheet

Ranka Attack

History Sheet

Minmay's Farewell Concert Tour (FB2012?)

Worldguide Sheet

Earth (Terrestrial) Unified GovernmentVajra

Technology Sheet

Spacesuit

Glossary Sheet

VF-1 Valkyrie thru Britai 7018

EDIT/Notice: I'm not 100% sure the phrasing on the History Sheet is correct, and I corrected a typo on the Glossary sheet which mistakenly says Britai 0718.

EDIT #2: I took a look at the cover in patent-pending squint-o-vision... it's DYRL Max, not Macross 7 Max.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Thanks Seto!

Wow, only two character sheets and no Sylvie B sheet, I guess we will never see it. Man, with 7 numers still to go, they better start filling all those missing M7 citizen sheets soon!

History sheet, judging from the cover, should cover Flashback 2012.

PS: Gadget Chiba? Is really Gadget his first name???

Edited by nexxstrait

Thanks Seto!

No problem, glad I could help.

Wow, only two character sheets and no Sylvie B sheet, I guess we will never see it. Man, with 7 numbers still to go, they better start filling all those missing M7 citizen sheets soon!

All this and they're still doing VF-1 sheets... that fighter's been covered to death and back again, isn't it about time they started using that space for something else? Like, say... my f***ing Metal Siren and Icarus?

PS: Gadget Chiba? Is really Gadget his first name???

Seems that way, yes. That's what the compendium has down for his given name too.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

Some more info (from MF Blog):

VF1A on the front has Kakizaki TV valkyrie (the reverse will probably be cannon fodder)

History sheet confirmed to cover Flashback 2012

#44 will have M7 Basasa character sheet and

このほかにも、エクストラシートのVF-9 カットラスや、

メカニックシートのVF-19改 エクスカリバー”熱気バサラスペシャル”など、

Does this refer to game valkyries?

VF1A on the front has Kakizaki TV valkyrie (the reverse will probably be cannon fodder)

Are we done yet?

このほかにも、エクストラシートのVF-9 カットラスや、

メカニックシートのVF-19改 エクスカリバー”熱気バサラスペシャル”など、

Does this refer to game valkyries?

Yes and no... I'm neither the best nor the fastest translator in the world, but it looks like they're saying that we'll get yet another video game Extra Sheet covering the VF-9 from Macross M3... which, if that sheet also covers the VF-3000, and U.N. Spacy-variant variable glaug they'll have completely covered the playable mecha from that game. That second line's about the "VF-19 Kai (Custom) Basara Special"... though they've covered that one pretty thoroughly already... ?

Are we done yet?

Yes and no... I'm neither the best nor the fastest translator in the world, but it looks like they're saying that we'll get yet another video game Extra Sheet covering the VF-9 from Macross M3... which, if that sheet also covers the VF-3000, and U.N. Spacy-variant variable glaug they'll have completely covered the playable mecha from that game. That second line's about the "VF-19 Kai (Custom) Basara Special"... though they've covered that one pretty thoroughly already... ?

And again, thanks a lot. I'm wondering what this VF-19 Basara thing is: perhaps the closed-face variant + mega sound speaker launcher? I can't think of anything else, since in M7 movie there are no new elements added to the Fire Valk and D7 has already been covered. Maybe it's a goods sheet for the VF Hi metal.

#42 content review:

Mechanic:

SDFM Zent 03a: Nuujaderu Gaa (Nousjadel-Ger) - note the "magazine case" for the "laser machine-pistol". And here I thought it was just a funky hip armour detail.

SDFM Zent 02a: Guraaji (Gluag) - single sheet. Bit disappointed. But not suprising given that all the Regulds were crammed onto a single fold-out page.

M0 AUNA 01c: Sv-51 Ivanov and Nora special attack loadout (missiles, wing boosters: some additional lineart for the booster-wing connectors and the thrust-vector plates (a whole lot of awsome, shame it's too small)

M+ UN 02c: YF-21 transformation (front & back; last 1/4 of rear has the emergency manual use lever)

MII 06b: UN Ships: Gloria, standard Battleship, reverse: SDF-1 (lineart only for the bridge; guess the rest of it's covered in the DYRL section) with screen-captures of the firing sequence; and the small retreival vessel.

Character:

SDFM Zent 06a: Kamujin! Extra reports on Kamujin and Rapu Ramizu, as well as his lookalike in MF, Temujin.

M7 Cit 02H: Mireena: taking us to the end of the series at last...

M7 UN 08a: Moorii and Diiku; with extra report onm the Macross 7 fleet pilots, and Hayakawa Iriina.

Timeline #50: up to Ranka's concert on Garia 4.

History: SDFM 05a: Mars Sera Base, extra report on post-war Mars, with focus on Kizaki Gamurin.

Worldguide sheet: 26a: Super Dimensional Resturant "Nyan-Nyan". I don't know what to make of this. I was expecting more than just emphasiz on the original (SDFM) and MF versions (though the floorplans and background lineart are a nice touch. Luv the detail in the MF version). Extra reports on the waitress uniforms and commercials...

Tech: VF 01i: escape systems (broken down on the reverse as ejector seats, ejecting cockpits, removeable airframe noses, and EX Gear). Extra reports on the Reguld "ejection/leg ejection" system, and M+/M7 escape system uses.

Glossary #20. The VF order is boggling my mind. Here's how they appear: VF-3000, VF-11 MAXL Kai Mireena Special Use, VF-11 Thunderbolt, VF-11D Kai Jamming Bird Special Use, VF-19 Excaliber, VF-19 Kai Excaliber Nekki Basara Special (aka Fire Valkyrie), VF-17, VF-17T Nightmare Kai, VF-14 Vampire (interesting that it mentions M3, but uses M7+ footage!). Reverse: VF-0, VF-XX, VF-2SS Valkyre II, VF-2JA Ikarosu, VF-9, VF-25, VF-27, VF-22S, VF-171, VF-4, VF-4G. Confused?

Song sheet F: Aimo, Nyan nyan CM and Ninjiin Loves you yeah!

Goods 01 Variable Toy: Bandai DX Chougoukin Macross Quarter. Looks shmexy.

#43 preview: 7. Seven. Am I counting it right? 7 mechanic sheets.

Images are DYRL Max's helmeted face, VF-2SS SAP formation flying over moon base, and of course, the beautifully painted VF-4 (but couldn't it have been a front upper or lowr 3/4 shot???)

MII 06b: UN Ships: Gloria, standard Battleship, reverse: SDF-1 (lineart only for the bridge; guess the rest of it's covered in the DYRL section) with screen-captures of the firing sequence; and the small retreival vessel.

While I dread the inevitable answer, I gotta ask... did Macross Chronicle provide a size for the Gloria and standard battleship, or anything about their armaments?

#43 preview: 7. Seven. Am I counting it right? 7 mechanic sheets.

Images are DYRL Max's helmeted face, VF-2SS SAP formation flying over moon base, and of course, the beautifully painted VF-4 (but couldn't it have been a front upper or lowr 3/4 shot???)

Yeah, the spoiler images on the blog show that #43's sheet is the long-awaited (by me at least) mechanic sheet for the VF-2SS with the Super Armed Packs.

While I dread the inevitable answer, I gotta ask... did Macross Chronicle provide a size for the Gloria and standard battleship, or anything about their armaments?

There's no data block, if that's what your asking for.

There is some numbers in the text.

Gloria: "flagship of the 12th Earth UN Forces fleet". There is line art of the anti-ship beam cannons, but there is no indication of the quantity.

Standard Battleship: "2nd Battle Group's 17th and 18th Destroyer (?) Battle Group" and something about the "12th fleet". It also says there are 6 semi-recessed beam cannons in the central deck or hull (at least I think it says semi-recessed) and on the belly of the ship are 8 hemisphere shaped beam cannons, and something about the 4 slits on the rear engines being thought to be built-in missile launchers.

Thanks again for taking the time to summarize the last issue Sketchley. Unless Chronicle drops another Macross II article in #44, I'll go ahead and make my next order #40-43.

There's no data block, if that's what your asking for.

Oh well... I didn't expect there to be one, but I did cherish a small ember of hope that they would add one with more hard data.

Gloria: "flagship of the 12th Earth UN Forces fleet". There is line art of the anti-ship beam cannons, but there is no indication of the quantity.

Unsurprising... none of the previous publications bother, but the animation would seem to suggest that they number in the dozens, and that the ship is much more massive than Palladium would have us believe (244m... feh).

Standard Battleship: "2nd Battle Group's 17th and 18th Destroyer (?) Battle Group" and something about the "12th fleet". It also says there are 6 semi-recessed beam cannons in the central deck or hull (at least I think it says semi-recessed) and on the belly of the ship are 8 hemisphere shaped beam cannons, and something about the 4 slits on the rear engines being thought to be built-in missile launchers.

Now THAT'S news I can use. Hmmm... it looks like they're referencing two distinct fleet formations there... the 12th Fleet is the Earth Defense Fleet which appears in the final two episodes of Macross II and is headed up by Capt. Balzae and the Gloria, and the 2nd Battle Group 17th and 18th Cruiser/Destroyer Squadron/Groups are the forces the U.N. Spacy scrambled to Mars to meet the initial Mardook offensive, headed up by the Heracles. It's VERY nice to hear that my suspicions regarding the beam cannon numbers were correct, and a pleasant surprise to hear about the missile launchers as well... which may indirectly confirm my theory about the similar looking ports amidships on the Gloria being similar in scale and armament to the big honking missile launchers on the TV-series ARMDs. I'll have to get the article myself to see if it confirms my other suspicions about the standard battleship... that the array of little ports that are similar to those on Mardook ships are fighter launch ports, and that the six large hatches behind the bridge tower are VLS hatches similar to those on the Oberth.

I actually have lineart somewhere of the semi-confirmal gun thing... it's basically a halfway variant of the gun turrets on Zentradi battleships, where the "blister" splits along a seam to expose the gun turret itself... kind of like those gun blisters on the Thuverl Salan. Did they print the alternate/unused variant of the design that with the seventh, larger, forward-facing beam cannon on the dorsal gun mount?

Edited by Seto Kaiba

*adds to azrael's loose grip to sanity*

Will the the MD7 Battroid that looks like a VF-1 derivative be covered?

It has already been done.

To add insult to injury for the VF1 lovers: there could be also a VF1A United Government variant (green) sheet somewhere down the line :p

Oh, by the way: I hope the Orguss Valkyrie be covered somewhere!

EDIT:

OW the pain! They did not even bother to color the frakking main hero battroid!

100219_1_5.jpg

Edited by nexxstrait

• 2 weeks later...

Chronicle #44

Mechanic Sheet

* VA-1SS Metal Siren

* ADR-03-MkⅢ Cheyenne

* VF-1A Valkyrie

* VF-19 kai Excalibur "Basara Nekki Special"

* Catcher Boat [??? Is this a Space Whale Poacher thing?]

Extra Sheet

* Game and Advanced Valkyrie 1 / VF-9 Cutlass

Character Sheet

* Sylvie Jena

* Sivil

* Basara Nekki

Timeline Sheet

* Ranka Flees

History Sheet

* The Operation to Capture the Factory Satellite

World Guide Sheet

* Various Planets

Glossary Sheet

* Bruno J. Global ~ The Mark Twain

Goods Sheet

* YAMATO vmf50 Lynn Minmay 50cm Figure

Hmm...will this issue make Seto happy? I wonder...since the only thing he seems to hate more than an issue WITHOUT Macross II info is an issue WITH Macross II info. :p

Yay! Sylvie B sheet and Metal siren! It seems (judging from the cover) that we are getting two Hidetaka Tenjin splash images: Metal siren (fighter mode, I was hoping for battroid but, oh well...) and... VF9 and VF14?? Extra valkyries are getting the luxury tretment. I wish there was a game characters section, too.

I still can't believe they haven't coloured the Hikaru VF4 Battroid in #43.

Edited by nexxstrait

Mechanic Sheet

* VA-1SS Metal Siren

THERE SETO, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW????? :rolleyes:<_<

And you people think I complain about the VF-1 being all over the Chronicles is bad...

* ADR-03-MkⅢ Cheyenne

* VF-1A Valkyrie

B)):rolleyes::blink: Respectively.

Hmm...will this issue make Seto happy? I wonder...since the only thing he seems to hate more than an issue WITHOUT Macross II info is an issue WITH Macross II info. :p

There's no pleasing him...

* VA-1SS Metal Siren

For great justice... also, it's about damn time.

* ADR-03-MkⅢ Cheyenne

* VF-1A Valkyrie

* Catcher Boat [??? Is this a Space Whale Poacher thing?]

Um... haven't they already covered that? It must be either Graham's boat-turned-spaceship or the poacher support ships from Macross Dynamite 7.

Extra Sheet

* Game and Advanced Valkyrie 1 / VF-9 Cutlass

*yawn* Why did THIS get the cover and not the Metal Siren?

Character Sheet

* Sylvie Jena

Okay, so we ARE getting a B-sheet for her... must be her in her civvies.

* Sivil

* Basara Nekki

So, an unlikeable (literal) harpy who shrills the same three lines over and over again, and a canon Mary Sue who fills the requirements of a Black Hole Sue, Godmode Sue, and Jerkass Sue... delightful. Haven't these two already been covered to death (Basara Dies was a HUGE letdown... the pricks) and back again?

History Sheet

* The Operation to Capture the Factory Satellite

And now for another exciting episode of... Tales! Of! Interest!

Seriously, do want.

Glossary Sheet

* Bruno J. Global ~ The Mark Twain

I sense a theme here... is it "witty old men with mustaches"?

lol, c'mon, when they half-ass it it's hard not to be a little miffed... especially when they devote a multiple issues worth of material just to Basara and Mylene.

THERE SETO, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW????? :rolleyes:<_<

There's no pleasing him...

:p At least I have the good grace to acknowledge that my standards might be set are definitely set unreasonably high... :p

Honestly, if they give me a thrust rating for the Metal Siren's engines and confirm its armaments, I'll consider it a victory.

EDIT: Fairness... :lol:

Edited by Seto Kaiba

lol, c'mon, when they half-ass it it's hard not to be a little miffed... especially when they devote a multiple issues worth of material just to Basara and Mylene.

And issue 45:

Mechanic Sheet

* VF-19 kai Excalibur "Basara Nekki Special" (SD version)

* VF-1J Valkyrie

* VF-1A Valkyrie

Character Sheet

* Lynn Minmay

* Lynn Minmay

* Lynn Minmay

* Mylene Jenius

* Mylene Jenius

* Mylene Jenius

* Basara Nekki

* Basara Nekki

History Sheet

* Basara Rocks Out!

World Guide Sheet

* Hot Idol Singers

Technology Sheet

* Taking Idol Singers' Measurements

* Basara'a Anima Spiritia Powers

Gallery Sheet

* Macross 7

Goods Sheet

* Wind-up Minmay Doll

:p

#43 contents rundown:

Summary: a lot of juicy bits in this one.

Mechanic:

SDFM UN 04c: VF-1 (tawny; landing gear and headlaser)

SDFM UN 09b: SDR-04-MkXII Phalanx (extra report on the Defender, and what I think says that it's mass production was difficult, thus the transfer to the Phalanx)

SDFM Zent 05c; Noputi Baganisu 5631 (hanger, micron capsule, hover platform, Rigadoo seating, small munitions room, rifle, and post SWI micron conversions)

FB UN 02a: VF-4 Lightning III (weapons: two large beam cannons, 12 long-range semi-conformal missiles; reverse has a lot of M3 content; which isn't surprising as that's the only place that the VF-4 showed up with dynamic animation)

M+ UN 03c: VF-11B Thunderbolt (front and back: transformation)

M7 UN 09b: Macross 7 Fleet (Amusement Ship Hollywood, UN Forces Training Ship Beginhill, Research Experiment Ship Einstein, Agriculture Ship Sunnyflower, and Mark Twain)

MII UN 01b: VF-2SS Valkyrie II (front SAP system, rear transformation)

Character

M7 UN 05a: Gadget M Chiba (with staff on reverse)

DYRM UN 04a: Makushimirian Jiinasu (with 2 picks in Meltran uniforms on the reverse!)

Timeline #51: up to first time Ranka's singing was used against the Vajra.

History: FB 01a: Rin Minmei Farewell Concert (nothing on the launch of the Megaroad 01. Perhaps there will be a 02 sheet?)

Technology 12a: Spacesuits (front: intro, and special use VF suits: YF-21 & VF-17; reverse: space suits by era (pict of the M0 suit, but only covered in passing): 2009-2011, 2040, and 2040-2050. As well as other space suits (destroid, Misa's Mars adventure suit, and the 2059 deck crewperson's suit). Zentraadi (standard and armoured, as well as Klan's Pixie squad suit) are in an extra report).

Worldguide:

01a: Earth UN Government (groovy picture of Island Cluster class SLRE Fleets in orbit on front. Reverse is about the history; which is mostly about the formation of the UN Government.)

08a: Vajra (front has an extra report on technology based on the Vajra (picts of the Macross Quarter firing it's main gun, and the Tori No Hito), reverse is... well... a (limited) part breakdown of the red Vajra stage. AN extra report on the large (red) Vajra performance compared to a VF-171 (surprisingly it says the VF-171 has a better fold ability!), as well as a section on the special features (fold wave network lifeform, existance of a "queen", egg and larval stages, high degree of fighting ability (I'm most interested in this subsection, as it's talking about beam guns and missiles).

Next issue's preview has the following pictures:

screen grabs:

Shirubii Jiina

Shibiru

ADR-03-MkIII Cheyenne

VA-1SS Metal Siren

painting:

VF-9 Cutlass and VF-14 Vampire

Interesting that the VF-9 is getting a full page, but the VF-14 didn't. Hmmm... is it because of the appearance of the VF-9 in manga form in Macross Ace? Or is it because they're going to show both the VF-9 AND the VF-X-10 from Advanced Valkyrie?

Forgot this:

VF content on glossary sheet #21: VF-1, VT-1, VT-1C, VB-6 (F), VB-6 (other), Pheos Valkyrie.

Other noteable content: V-Virus, Feff, Fold Quartz, Fold Booster, Fold Wave Amp (?!?!?!), Fold Speaker, Fold Cell (?!?!), Fold Dislocation, Fold Pack (apparently they are a VF-25 option pack specifically designed for use with the Super Fold Booster), Black Rainbow (for the win!), Planet Dance, Furiijia (one of the Milky Dolls), Bridget Spark (VF-X2 operator).

Some interisting bits from numbers to come

The VF1A sheet is a TV one and contains VF test and Launch-Ceremony-Acrobatic-VF (can't remember the correct name!)

Small, small pictures of the Metal Siren, but it's a splash page!

Battle 13 in full detail and color in the extra sheet!

Roy Fokker TV B sheet!

VF1D

Uh, am I really seeing this? Back lineart of the Phalanx is transparent (see image, top right)??? I hope this is not the final page! Sketchley, can you confirm?

M43_mecha.jpg

Edited by nexxstrait

Uh, am I really seeing this? Back lineart of the Phalanx is transparent (see image, top right)??? I hope this is not the final page! Sketchley, can you confirm?

M43_mecha.jpg

It's not lineart in the actual magazine; it's a color pic.

Y'know...because it was raining, I almost put off going to Kinokuniya until tomorrow to pick up my copy...and I'm sure glad I didn't! Either they ordered fewer copies of the magazine than usual, or that VF-4 cover REALLY sold the mag, because while they usually have about six or seven copies when I arrive, tonight they had...one.