Macross Frontier music

Awh ;( Her stuff is good! I didn't say it sucked or anything...we've just had more Sheryl music than Ranka (at least more impressive stuff). Maybe as the series goes along Ranka will have more to add to her list that we all can appreciate :D

Hmmm...maybe "ニンジーン Feels ambivalent about you yeah!" would be more appropriate...? :p

My favorite song on the OST is "innocent green". That is one beautiful song. It has sentimental value.

I bet the second half of Innocent Green is played during a pivotal Sheryl and Alto scene, I'll like to say "the" scene where its decided but I'm not confident enough unlike True Tears where when I heard a song on the OST i posted the winner straight away (5 weeks prior to the last episode) and said this was the hook up song. I was right on both accounts there...

How significant is Macross OST being in the top 3 of the ORICON charts?

According to this article:

http://mainichi.jp/enta/mantan/news/200806...00c.html?inb=rs

the last time an anime OST was in the top 3 was 11 years ago, the End of Eva soundtrack! So it is one heck of a big deal! :)

things are sure looking good! I bet Ranka's single is gonna do great!

Included in my order, but not in any of the plastic, was an Autographed Backstage Pass to Sheryl's concert. Was that a first press bonus and if so, for which CD? There weren't any first pressings available when I ordered. Now I just need to avoid flying Valkyries with green trim and make it to age 77 so I can use it.

That's a bonus that comes with the first pressing of the OST1 CD. Although not every shop carried it, I think.

the last time an anime OST was in the top 3 was 11 years ago, the End of Eva soundtrack! So it is one heck of a big deal! :)

11 years ago?! Coolness!!! ...I mean not for the entire anime music industry, but at least for Macross :)

Dude! What were you trying to do? Put Yoko into IP litigation hot soup??

Funny I skipped out reading this reply, I was expecting reactions like yours. I didn't mean any harm (obviously, I'm a big Kanno fan), I just wanted to find out what the industry thought about it, and also perhaps have someone notify Kanno that she is sometimes bordering on copying songs, and hopefully her future music is more "inspired" than "copied". I and some other fans only notified the artists which we think were *almost* copied from, and not the minor ones. If there is anyone who is going to put Kanno in this IP hot soup, it's no less than herself. It will only take time before someone else shows them a copy of the song (I think someone else beat me to Hooverphonic, that's why they sounded like they were sick of it), what will happen, will happen regardless of who reveals the song to them.

And if someone would retort, "it's none of your business, don't poke around with it", I suppose a business consists of producers AND customers, and we belong to the latter.

Hi all ! ^^

Very good OST, but I'm a bit deceived that Ranka's version of Minmay's "My Boyfriend's a Pilot" (sung in ep 04) hasn't been included. :rolleyes:

My favorite songs sorted by pref :

- Diamond Crevasse (WOOOOOOOW !!! Very intense !!!)

- What 'bout my star (Ranka's version ! without hesitation)

- Don't be late

- Aimo (2 versions)

- Triangler (In full version, it's far better than the short opening !)

My favorite instrumental titles, sorted by pref :

- The Target (WOW ! Yoko Kanno is the best ! Perfect arrangements ! As good as a Maestro Jerry Goldsmith's Star Trek title !

- Private Army

- Big Boys

^_^

Favorite song is definitely What 'bout my star (Ranka Version) thus far. I also love Infinity as well. Ninjin loves you yeah is also a guilty pleasure of mine because it sticks in your head and doesn't go away. Frontier has one of the best soundtracks in years.

Does anyone know what they are singing with track 13 of SMS. it also sounds like a jingle for a radio program when recieving text messages. :wacko:

Check the YouTube thread. There's a video with the lyrics. :D Is funny.

Uh just curious, what about the albums/singles from the original Macross, and 7. Were there ranking for those. They are quite popular aren't they?

I've always thought that our understadning of M7's popularity was not so much sales figures for the CDs, but simply the fact that they made a whole hell of a lot of 'em. I mean, there's what, seven or eight SDF albums (not including the endlessly repackageable Song Collections), and, like, twenty M7 albums.

I couldn't be happier.

Music this good I don't mind paying for.

Guys, a composer cannot be sued for using music that "sounds" like someone elses unless it is EXACTLY the same thing. If you've ever listened to classical music, you would know that music sounds similar to other music all of the time. :)

if you consider all the songs ever composed in the history of humanity, any new song would most likely have a similarity with a song in the past. intended or not, it just can't be helped. i mean, how many notes are there, after all.

the theory is that you can't have an original idea for a melody anymore.sure, for the composer, it feels original. but at some point in time, someone else already combined the same number of notes in almost the same way and teh same sequence. but that's just a theory, mind you. it can never be proven, unless there's some entity that has actually recorded all the songs in human history, published or otherwise. (or if you put it from another perspective, every song, no matter how similar to another, is original).

and if you put the protoculture civilization into the equation, that's just TOOO many songs. frankly, i wouldn't be surprised if gabriela robin, who is said to live on another planet with cats, ripped off some ideas from the protoculture. de-culcha!! :p

May'n and Megumi's NEW "Lion" single is now available for preorder.

Coming August 6th, 2008!

Amazon Japan = http://www.amazon.co.jp/o/ASIN/B001AKCYOY

CD Japan = http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=VTCL-35033

Oh God, my wallet is screaming now. Maybe I better wait until they released a full OST of MF. :huh:

My CD is on the way but can someone tell me if the version of Ranka's song (sorry don't know the name of it, but she seems to keep singing it and the mystery guy also plays it on his harmonica) from the end of episode ten is on the OST. The version I was refering too was used for the ending of the Zero movie. I really liked it alot. I've been loving the melody of it all along, I find myself humming it all the time and then I heard the full orchastatal version at the end of the "movie" I just fell in love with it.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

My CD is on the way but can someone tell me if the version of Ranka's song (sorry don't know the name of it, but she seems to keep singing it and the mystery guy also plays it on his harmonica) from the end of episode ten is on the OST. The version I was refering too was used for the ending of the Zero movie. I really liked it alot. I've been loving the melody of it all along, I find myself humming it all the time and then I heard the full orchastatal version at the end of the "movie" I just fell in love with it.

Chris

Yep, it's in the ost and its called "Aimo ~ Tori no Hito"

does anybody know if the taiko sequence during the hydra fight will be in the next OST?

Considering that the next OST hasn't even been announced yet (and would probably be out by September at the EARLIEST), I think you might be jumping the gun a bit...

But yes, I'm sure someone knows whether or not it will be on, and her initials are YK...

In other news, I went to Kinokuniya in L.A. last weekend and was horrfied to learn learn that they had neither the Macross F OST, nor the comic...

Rather than start up a new topic for this I though this will fit well here since it is Macross Frontier music related.

A friend of mine, Anton, recently fell in love with the Frontier ED song Diamond Crevasse. So much so that he whipped out his guitar and worked out the chords for it.

It'd probably make sense if you play a guitar, I don't so it's somewhat lost to me.

I thought I'd copy & paste and share it with you all here:

______

anyway here's the chords according to me (which may/may not be

correct but playing it last night seemed fine).... oh, this is the tv

size version but the full version is virtually the same with a few minor

changes in the middle but similar chords...

4/4 time approx 70 to 80 bpm

Legend:

| . . . . | = 1 bar with each "." as a beat (ie 4 beats per bar as this is

4/4 time)

Rest = mute strings for that beat (ie no ringing of any strings etc)

Verse:

|D . . . |C . . . |G . . . |A . . . |G . . . |A . . . |

Pre-Chorus:

|D . G . |A . . . |D . G . |A . . . |

|F# . G . |A . . . |C . . . |C D E rest|G G rest . |

|optional rest another bar to allow finish of "twinkle" effect ^__^|

Chorus:

|Dm . C . |Bb . C . |G . A . |Bb . C . |

That's all folks - nice and easy

There shouldn't be problems as the rough timing is there already

(you'll need to slightly offset the beat a little in bits of the chorus

but if you play along with the song, you'll get it)

If you've still got problems, let me know and i'll show ya ^__^

Anton

________

Hopefully that makes sense to the more musically inclined members here.

To avoid any problems please credit it to Anton it you're going to use this composition anywhere else.

Tell me if I should have created a new topic for this and I'll go ahead and copy and paste this there. I just dont want to clutter the forums is all.

Ranka new song, streaming from the official website ^_^

http://www.macrossf.com/movie/movie.html

Context, and name of the song, courtesy of Random Curiosity:

"The Macross Frontier website has updated with information about the Ranka Lee/Nakajima Megumi mini-live occurring this weekend at the Odaiba VenusFort. The website also now features a video showing Ranka’s moves while singing her debut song, Seikan Hikou."

Rather than start up a new topic for this I though this will fit well here since it is Macross Frontier music related.

A friend of mine, Anton, recently fell in love with the Frontier ED song Diamond Crevasse. So much so that he whipped out his guitar and worked out the chords for it.

It'd probably make sense if you play a guitar, I don't so it's somewhat lost to me.

______

Legend:

4/4 time)

Verse:

Pre-Chorus:

Chorus:

Anton

________

To avoid any problems please credit it to Anton it you're going to use this composition anywhere else.

Tell me if I should have created a new topic for this and I'll go ahead and copy and paste this there. I just dont want to clutter the forums is all.

cool! thanks for this. :)

______

Legend:

4/4 time)

Verse:

Pre-Chorus:

Chorus:

Anton

________

Thank you so much! I've been scouring the net for something like this! :D

--Lone Wolf

一匹狼