Macross Frontier music

OK as great as this OST is, I'm really disappointed that the "Next ep preview music" isn't on it!! Or did I miss it (I've only listened to it once through so far)...? Oh, well, roll on the next album.....

That ISN'T on there!? That's was one of the things I was going to buy the cd FOR.

Always reminds me of Cowbop.

That ISN'T on there!? That's was one of the things I was going to buy the cd FOR.

Always reminds me of Cowbop.

Yeah. Now I know how all those otaku felt back in 1982 when the first SDF Macross album came out. "WTF?? 'My Boyfriend is a Pilot' isn't on it??!! Gah!"

What wasn't on the first Macross Plus album that was in the first episode or two, though? That whistling song when Isamu is smashing up the simulator?

OK as great as this OST is, I'm really disappointed that the "Next ep preview music" isn't on it!! Or did I miss it (I've only listened to it once through so far)...? Oh, well, roll on the next album.....

That annoyed me, too, since I really want to hear that piece in full.

But they seem to be trotting out one Frontier release a month, so maybe in September...? Maybe...?

Yeah. Now I know how all those otaku felt back in 1982 when the first SDF Macross album came out. "WTF?? 'My Boyfriend is a Pilot' isn't on it??!! Gah!"

What wasn't on the first Macross Plus album that was in the first episode or two, though? That whistling song when Isamu is smashing up the simulator?

Well..."Idol Talk" wasn't on it, which annoyed me back in the day.

Wow, can we bitch anymore about what's NOT on it? :rolleyes: How about what IS on it. The glass is half full people. VERY HALF FULL. :D

True dat...but the "next ep preview" music was one that really revved me up for the CD coming out...and then it's not there. But "Private Army" sounds a lot like it, and I guess the CD is okay enough to tide me over...

(And by "okay," I mean, "I don't want to see Heaven unless Yoko Kanno is there with a full orchestra and a bank of synthesizers." ^_^ )

I have to say, I rather like the FanClub song. Reminds me of something, can't put my finger on it.

Some of the song reminds me of a song from the 70's(and no I wasn't born in the 70's) but can't place it either and it's bugging me.

I love Zero Hour, I think I'm one of the few who do. I love trance *__*

I'm one of the few as well. Loving "What 'bout my star?@Formo" & "Infinity", "Innocent Green" is nice too :)

I'm so buying the OST. It has ALL the songs (singles) we heard so far (cept those more minor ones which will com out in OST 2).

TALLY HO!!!

Edited by wolfx

i heard the lossless one, later the mp3. sorry, no such cd on sale in this country, i am going to japan anyway next month.

does anyone agree that mp3 are piece of poo.

on my sennheiser, lossless is 100 times better than mp3.

i delete the mp3 immediately.

i would get the cd next month. who can listen to mp3 poo.

to the rest of you, buy the CD if you can, dun even bother with the mp3 one.

i heard the lossless one, later the mp3. sorry, no such cd on sale in this country, i am going to japan anyway next month.

But my MP3 player won't play FLAC or will it? :p MP3 is not poo poo :)

But my MP3 player won't play FLAC or will it? :p MP3 is not poo poo :)

Well this is what you can do. You can convert your FLAC over to WAV then import into iTunes and convert to AAC. To convert FLAC to WAV you can download WinAmp and the Flac with library support plug-in for Winamp.

Well this is what you can do. You can convert your FLAC over to WAV then import into iTunes and convert to AAC. To convert FLAC to WAV you can download WinAmp and the Flac with library support plug-in for Winamp.

Gah, that sounds like a lot of trouble. :p:) I'll just stick with my NICE SOUNDING MP3's :D

With Roxio Toast for Mac, and I'd assume Easy Creator for Windows, you can make a CD audio disc (or disc image) straight from FLAC. Can mount it and import it into iTunes, or burn it.

I think I need to give the OST another listen though... I honestly wasn't that impressed so far.

Hmm, I personally was annoyed that the BGM during Alto's chase scene in ep 2 wasn't on the disc (unless I missed it). Not entirely happy with the OST, but oh well.

It's on their.. but they like combined 3 bgms (Take Off, Ranka flashback not on OST and The Target) for that part of the show.

I think I need to give the OST another listen though... I honestly wasn't that impressed so far.

Then you must not have liked the songs in the series??

BTW what is the correct arrangement of the track listing?

I know :(<_< And since it's a popular boy band there was no way the OST was going to sell more. That's not even fair competition to start off with if you ask me :lol:

Thanks for the link. Still, a great achievement for an anime OST -- it beat out huge acts like Weezer, The Beat Crusaders and Minmi all on the same launch day. I'm impressed! B))

Here's another link, apparently the news made it to the headlines of Oricon too:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/confidence/55207/

From the news (and my little knowledge of Japanese, someone help me :p) it seems that the highest ranking Kanno ever got in Oricon before Macross F was #44 for CMYoko, and the Macross OST making it at #2 is somehow ground breaking for her career. How pathetic were her sales for the previous OSTs? Or is it just that the other OSTs were not given to her name because they were shared works with other composers?

Just use Creative x-fi crystalizer. Low quality mp3's sounds a lot better, at least i think so.

And i don't even own a creative x-fi card, just an audigy-se with "good" drivers. That's if you own a creative sound card...

Edited by akt_m

Here's another link, apparently the news made it to the headlines of Oricon too:

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/confidence/55207/

From the news (and my little knowledge of Japanese, someone help me :p) it seems that the highest ranking Kanno ever got in Oricon before Macross F was #44 for CMYoko, and the Macross OST making it at #2 is somehow ground breaking for her career. How pathetic were her sales for the previous OSTs? Or is it just that the other OSTs were not given to her name because they were shared works with other composers?

I'd say for an anime OST to even make it to the Oricon charts is an achievement already. Being #44 on the oricon doesn't mean your sales are pathetic since oricon doesn't record sales from the usual otaku dens but from major music retail outlets only.

I'd say for an anime OST to even make it to the Oricon charts is an achievement already. Being #44 on the oricon doesn't mean your sales are pathetic since oricon doesn't record sales from the usual otaku dens but from major music retail outlets only.

Actually, I wasn't calling CMYoko (the rank #44 CD) pathetic, in fact I pointed out previously that it had very good online sales, and that was probably the reason the the follow-up CD that had two bonus tracks didn't sell that much.

What I was pointing out is the absence of all her other OSTs in the top 100 charts, which is glaring since she's done so many other OSTs before Macross F.

EDIT: I think I'm misreading your post though, I agree that it's an achievement for an anime OST to get in, and if the otaku dens really don't count, then that only amplifies the success.

Let's just celebrate :)

Edited by mike_s_6