Macross Frontier Episode 8 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 8 rating  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Episode 8 Rating

• Positive (Sheryl's panties! tee hee)
    • No Opinion/Neutral
    • Negative (Sheryl's panties and Ranka's "magical bump" are REAL turnoffs)

The only Frontier fansub episode that has given my problems was the episode 8 by G.G. The audio and subtitles were completely out of sync with the video. I just deleted it. More than happy with the three aforementioned fansub groups for Frontier.

Graham

Maybe your computer hates you! I had no trouble with the audio and subtitles on my computer. Everything was in sync.

In Macross Zero, Dr. Aries Turner and Dr. Hasford postulated that humanity's evolution, at least, was driven by a Virus, a virus possibly created by the Protoculture. Now I know it wasn't directly referred that way in the series but that is why I used postulate.

Seeing how episode 8 opened with a reference to AFOS and later referenced a virus, it makes a certain kind of sense.

Edited by Heron

What did Leon mean when he said V-TYPE INFECTION? Why were the Dulfim crew members quarantined...? :ph34r:

I initially thought he said "Type-V Battle footage" with Cathy's next line being more along the lines of "It would seem the team here has found an "unidentified" machine". In some regards, that makes more sense considering the flow of the conversation but I don't know if it's true or not. I don't have the script and what kanji were used.

I initially thought he said "Type-V Battle footage" with Cathy's next line being more along the lines of "It would seem the team here has found an "unidentified" machine". In some regards, that makes more sense considering the flow of the conversation but I don't know if it's true or not. I don't have the script and what kanji were used.

検疫が 確実に済むまでは当分 無理だね。

例のV型感染症の心配もあるし。

Kathy:

こっちの隊員から一つ 気がかりな報告があって。

未確認の機体がいたんじゃないかっていう…

Well I think the V stands for Vajra too which would make sense actually. Though I don't know why the crew should be quarantined. I mean they had no physical contact (I assume). Otherwise they have to quarantine everyone who fights against the Vajra.

Edited by Suzuran

I dunno about viruses and such... but...

I thought the intro was absolutely classic if just for how it set up the show. The transition went from the Protoculture's history, and humanity as their dying legacy... to singing carrot Ranka. And panty chases. Things that make you go hmmmm....

I liked this episode. So much different from the previous episode. This one was quite funny and entertaining with the character developement. I absolutely love Ranka's carrot song! Is that on one of the audio CDs? That song ROCKS!!!!

I liked this episode. So much different from the previous episode. This one was quite funny and entertaining with the character developement. I absolutely love Ranka's carrot song! Is that on one of the audio CDs? That song ROCKS!!!!

yup its track #14 in the ost

You can't dismiss the fact that the nose of the VF-27 bears the Galaxy insignia. There is definitely something shady going on, but I don't think you can pin it just on the Frontier. The UN is involved, the Galaxy is involved (atleast, its private backers), and the Frontier is involved.

We also have to take into consideration that Leon also said the Galaxy has vanished and there are no signs of it what so ever. Ir seemed to perplex him even more greatly then seeing the VF-27. Maybe Leon works with Galaxy and is a mole. Aww crap now I gotta put on my tin foil hat.

Seen both G.G and I-AIA subs. It was an entertaining episode, the carrot song with Ranka jumping up yelling "Hai!" was funny and cute. The comical slapstick scenes with the panties, Sheryl with the exo-gear were funny. I frowned a bit when Mikhail with sniper-eyes didn't even notice the green critter with a pair of panties landing on a container/closet just at the upper corner of his vision.

The only thing that bugged me was the animation. The character drawings were of mixed quality. You can clearly see the various scenes were given to animators (or even to different studios) who each have different style on their own: some are average, some way off, like it was Western doujin or made by amateur fans, with an oddly drawn face of Mikhail when he is talking to Alto, Alto's corner of his mouth like he's eating or something..? Proportions were off too, Sheryl with a big head, Nanase which had a pair the size of cannon shells (with a much younger face than previous eps), Ranka and Sheryl who were anorexic in some scenes.

Nonetheless, it was a good and light episode.

Edited by Wabbit

:rolleyes:

They are tsundere, a Japanese character archetype :rolleyes:. They are combative in the beginning and then they turn more loving in the end.

Actually, Asuka seemed like she was supposed to end like this, then around midseries Anno changed his mind and Asuka kinda became the opposite, a yandere (as seen in The End).

(tsundere and yandere are part of "gap girls", girls that goes from an extreme to the other. This is Japanese version of bipolar disorder :ph34r: )

FV

An example I guess of 'tsundere' if you can handle it. :lol:

I frowned a bit when Mikhail with sniper-eyes didn't even notice the green critter with a pair of panties landing on a container/closet just at the upper corner of his vision.

Actually, he DID notice it, then said (gg version) "I must be pretty stressed out." So he just didn't believe his finely-tuned sniper eyes. :p

You can't dismiss the fact that the nose of the VF-27 bears the Galaxy insignia.

Hang on, have we even seen the Galaxy logo before?

We saw what looked like a NUNS logo on the VF-27 and there was another unknown logo on the nose of the VF-27, is that what you are talking about?

Graham

Gattai ep 08 is out... and its their last release since gg picked it up

Damn, that's a bummer. Despite the odd translation error, I liked Gattai's subs.

GG's releases are just too twitchy on my machine.

Oh well, will stick with AiA and Shinsen.

Graham

Hang on, have we even seen the Galaxy logo before?

We saw what looked like a NUNS logo on the VF-27 and there was another unknown logo on the nose of the VF-27, is that what you are talking about?

Graham

I believe it was in one of the Animation Note scans.

EDIT:

Found it!

Edited by d3v

I believe it was in one of the Animation Note scans.

Hmm…….OK, just checked the Animation Note thread.

I wonder are those Galaxy & Frontier logos considered final, or are they just rough drafts?

And do we see that Galaxy logo anywhere on the VF-27?

Screen capture anybody? Can’t check now as I’m at work.

Graham

Hmm…….OK, just checked the Animation Note thread.

I wonder are those Galaxy & Frontier logos considered final, or are they just rough drafts?

Graham

I think someone already did a comparison in the episode 7 thread. It's breifly seen on the nose of the plane right before it cuts to the cockpit view with Brera.

Edited by d3v

Graham

Where you been Graham? It's in the Episode 7 thread. Duke Togo has the posts somewhere... ^_^

Ah OK, I somehow missed seeing that in the ep 7 thread.

While it's not quite the same as the rough logo shown in the Animation Note magazine, it looks like it does say "Galaxy".

Graham

Well it keeps the basic "G" and the Galaxy lettering, but ads an oval ring in the background.

Damn, that's a bummer. Despite the odd translation error, I liked Gattai's subs.

GG's releases are just too twitchy on my machine.

Oh well, will stick with AiA and Shinsen.

Graham

Another thing about GG is that they continue to be somewhat of an unknown quantity to me. They have been known to pick up a series all the way to the end but are more likely seen jumping into a series already underway and taking it up from there, just like what they're doing for Frontier. This is fine for some series which some groups just decided to stop working on but for Frontier which has several groups working on it, it just leaves me mystified about just what they are doing.

[*]Who is the mystery voice on the phone with Leon that asks "shall I continue observing her?" (refering to Ranka). - Could it possibly be Brera if he is working for Leon?

And who was Ranka talking with on her phone after the carrot song? I'm guessing it's Alto, which would make sense, but the voice sounded more like Mikhail to me.

Graham

nope its not Brera. Ending credits lists a "Leon's subordinate".

and yes, definitely Alto on the line.

Could it be that the latest technology and the whole fleet is of Macross Galaxy could have been sponsored by General Galaxy?

I've read in other forums where not only did they speculate this, but also that S.M.S. may stand for Shinsei Military Services (instead of Speed Miracle Spacy as stated in the S.M.S. Song) and further extrapolated to the VF-27 being by Galaxy and the VF-25 being by Shinsei (which contradicts what we know, since its been stated that the VF-25 is by L.A.I.).