Did Van Helsing even do well enough critically or at the box office to warrant a reboot?

If the Hulk could get a second chance then anything can...

Things are just getting worse and worse, "The Mummy" already? Last one was just a few years ago, let the "franchise" rest in peace a little while longer...

Well I guess that it is official 2013 is the year everyone realised Hollywood SUCKS!!

Actually, after seeing "The Hobbit" between Christmas and New Years and liking almost all the trailers for new movies, perhaps not. Star Trek (OK a sequal of a reboot...), the WIll Smith movie, the Tom Cruise movie (are they in the same movie? Different parts of the planet perhaps?), and a couple of others that look promising - perhaps it will be a good year.

(those were jokes up there, interesting to see two films so close together in theme though)

• 4 months later...

The Flintstones are returning direct-to-video in 2015, but you won't believe who's co-producing the new animated feature.

Reading your post without clicking the link I though for the moment that it was going to be Harmony Gold.

WWE was not something I would have guessed after a million tries.

Reading your post without clicking the link I though for the moment that it was going to be Harmony Gold.

WWE was not something I would have guessed after a million tries.

:mellow: so whats next the Jetsons voiced by the cast of Downton Abbey ?

• 1 month later...

Given the tensions and anxieties of the post-911 world, I'd say the airline industry is ripe for another reaming. There needs to be an Airplane reboot. But only if:

a. the Zucker brothers helm it, and

2. Jeff Bridges takes on the role of Steve McCroskey

:ph34r:

ed: OMG, anybody remember the Rocky movie poster in the terminal (was it Airplane 2?). I wonder how clairvoyant their sarcastic humor might be the next go round, eh?

Edited by reddsun1

I don't suppose anyone could do justice to Leslie Nielsen's role anyways...

What people forget: he was considered a "serious" actor up until that movie. He never was again.

He role wasnt large, and any decent "straight man" could handle it.

Edited by Duke Togo

• 2 months later...

The director of Harry Potter doing a remake of Scarface? And who is going to be able to play a character as memorable as Tony Montana?

Not saying it's not possible. BUt sometimes I just wish Hollywood tried to be more creative and try to find new creative avenues instead of all these remakes that rarely match the original's quality.

The director of Harry Potter doing a remake of Scarface? And who is going to be able to play a character as memorable as Tony Montana?

Not saying it's not possible. BUt sometimes I just wish Hollywood tried to be more creative and try to find new creative avenues instead of all these remakes that rarely match the original's quality.

No need to get upset about a remake of Scarface, since the one everyone is holding up as the original IS a remake to begin with.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0023427/

I've never personally seen the original and it is hard to beat "Say hello to my little friend"

No need to get upset about a remake of Scarface, since the one everyone is holding up as the original IS a remake to begin with.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0023427/

I've never personally seen the original and it is hard to beat "Say hello to my little friend"

Yeah, I'd read about it being a remake itself. Let's see how the 21st century version fares.

• 3 weeks later...

Failed movie=Tax write offs. Why else do you think Uwe Boll still makes movies?

Because he thinks he's got talent.

The guy wanted to fight Michael Bay! I'm guessing because he's pusses he makes billions?

Where as 1% of the earth's population thinks Owe Boll is a Asian bowling ally in San Fran.

• 4 weeks later...