Wait - there was more than one?

Yes, the first one was set during 4th of July and came out a few years after the original. The latest one came out in the last couple years and has the incredibly creative title of "A Christmas Story II". The few online reviews for it say it is terrible.

As for the Wonderful LIfe sequel, after reading a summary of the proposed plot I think Beevus and Butthead did it better. Their Christmas Episode is one of the best. (The proposed plot is the Grandson of the originals is a bad person and Zsu Zsu's ghost shows him how much better the world would be without him, the actress who played Zsu Zsu is still alive and will play the ghost)

• 3 weeks later...

The remake madness never stops. Now it's The Naked Gun.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ed-helms-firing-up-the-naked-gun-reboot-for-paramount-exclusive-1200950237/

Never mind Leslie Nielsen. The question that's on everyone's lips is who's going to replace the unforgettable O.J Simpson as Nordberg.

Never mind Leslie Nielsen. The question that's on everyone's lips is who's going to replace the unforgettable O.J Simpson as Nordberg.

But who'd want the role based on what its previous owner did/didnt do.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I really don't understand why the 1982 Annie film needs to be remade. Sure, the critics were not very kind to that film when it first came out, but to everyone who had never seen the original Broadway musical, it has been, and always will be, Annie.

The 1999 Disney version may have been favored more by critics, but it has no soul. The issue with this new reboot is not about race, but about adapting it in a present day setting. The 1982 film worked because of the Great Depression backdrop that characterized the "Hard Knock Life" in the orphanage. What will this reboot use - the American recession? Daddy Warbucks' fortunes from supplying weapons to the armed forces made perfect sense; Jamie Foxx's character as a wealthy politician does not. And I'm sorry, but I just don't see Cameron Diaz as the evil Miss Hannigan.

Oh yeah - Jay-Z's name is on it. No surprise there.

Re: Annie, honestly why do we care? Most of his here are grown men. I don't have any young children so I have no reason to watch this, if you do then either take your kids and enjoy it thru them or show them the original at home.

Speaking on the movie directly I think this would work better as a made for television movie vs. theatrical release but more power to everyone involved with making this remake.

"...the only thing you can taste, is not that taste."

-b.

• 1 month later...

Early this year, someone released a Hercules movie starring some guy from Twilight, and it became one of the biggest flops (US$44 million earnings out of a budget of US$70 million) and worst movies of the decade (3% on Rotten Tomatoes). And now comes the other Hercules movie starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and directed by Brett Ratner (X-Men: The Last Stand, After the Sunset).

Early this year, someone released a Hercules movie starring some guy from Twilight, and it became one of the biggest flops (US$44 million earnings out of a budget of US$70 million) and worst movies of the decade (3% on Rotten Tomatoes). And now comes the other Hercules movie starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and directed by Brett Ratner (X-Men: The Last Stand, After the Sunset).

I thought they were one in the same film.... Shows how much attension I paid to it.

What's with the current Biblical stories doing the rounds? Has Holly Weird decided to plunder that barrel again.

Stand by for Ben Hur remakes, and the story of Sparticus, or maybe they'll just rewrite the whole thing. I mean Jesus getting nailed to a tree is a bit harsh, maybe he should just get a telling off from the Romans, be imprisoned where he can promptly escape, whith the help of his crack team of Deciples.

• 2 weeks later...

Not so much a remake as a Tv series to move make, though they probably shouldnt anyway.

Dad's Army the 1970's comedy about the home guard in the U.K is being made into a film.

Now the U.S version was a car crash in comedy, so i can only imagine the film will also be a wreck.