Character Art Appreciation Topic

and now for something totally different from what ive been showing you these past few days:

Someone people don't seem to realize that picture like this one can push other people to kill themselves.

Edited by David Hingtgen
It's already been quoted twice

Looks inspired by the VF-25 with an F-16. I don't agree to it being called a VF-32 though. Looks like a step backwards rather forwards. Props for effort. And i love the gunpod design.

Looks inspired by the VF-25 with an F-16. I don't agree to it being called a VF-32 though. Looks like a step backwards rather forwards. Props for effort. And i love the gunpod design.

VF-23 then?

Interesting design, but where did the engine go?

They are stored in a pocket dimension like Optimus Prime's trailer

I agree that the designation is off-- I could see it being a VF-6 or a VF-7 or even VF-3, but not a VF-32. Props for anyone designing their own valk, though. Cool gunpod design-- hell-cool design overall-- just poor choice of jet-form.

nice!!! we consider VFs as macross characters already!

this hasnt been placed here yet, right?

1210757035203ob3.jpg

yes it has! here or in another thread. dear GOD i thought i had already forgotten this, but it's come back to haunt me.... so wrong... :p

Edited by dreamweaver13

nice!!! we consider VFs as macross characters already!

Well, this is Macross character art appreciation thread, so a VF deserve its own place ^_^ However it did manage to clean this thread from the previous eye-burner pic ^_^

just because it's not technicaly superior to the 25 doen't mean it has to be numericaly lower than the 25. and just because something is simpler/cheeper looking doesn't mean it's more primative, it could just be filling a different role than the 25 (like with real world jets). design wise it look's to be contemporary to the 25, just cheeper (they did say in the show that the 25 was expensive as hell). if it's introduced after the 25 it would be numbered after it.

course maybe it should have been called VF-26 to fill the numerical gap between the 25 and the 27. if it was developed after the 27 then it would be 28 or higher (depending on if there were any other aircaft that were given designations between the 27 and this)

then again, aircraft designation isn't alway's sequential, even when it's supposed to be. for instance with real-world US designations F designations jump from F-18 to F-20 and (Y)F-23 to F-35. there is no F-19, and there are no planes with designations F-24 trough F-34. there are lot's of reasons why this happens, but the end result is the same.

Whoever did this is brilliant.

Nice VF design. A bit skinny, probably a Light Fighter. But it's transformation is quite complex for me. :( I doubt it could hold any Fast Packs.

I did some VF designs of my own based on real world aircrafts like the A-10, although it didn't turn out good. :lol:

Say, polidread, any chance you could do a VF-27 girl? or a VF-25 Full Armor, perhaps? :rolleyes:

Nice VF design. A bit skinny, probably a Light Fighter. But it's transformation is quite complex for me. :( I doubt it could hold any Fast Packs.

you could. they would be rather unconventional, but you could.

the shield is makes up the back of the fighter mode, so you can put something there, and you could attach booster to the wings (you'd probebly want to have them already folded.)

the odd part would be leg armor, you could ad it, but based on the way the legs rest on the body, you'd end up with most of the armor on the front and inside of the leg. and you'd need to add a gap/opening pannels for the landing gear to go through...

hmm... I have a feeling, I'm going to be doing something with this in the near future.

This design is one the prime examples of why we have yet to clearly see a single engine VF in any macross series. And yes I know some think that we see the back ends of a row of single engine VFs in Macross Plus. Look how much more complex the transformation has to be in order to accomodate the single engine and all the battroid parts. The engine also seems to be insanely short from how it folds against the back, even more so then the YF-21/VF-22s engines. THe f-16 style intake also makes no sense based on the transformation, as the entire intake is taken up by battroid parts. Any single engine VF will probably looks something like a Volksjager, with a podded engine that ends up on the back of the VF, or will at least have a dorsal intake.

This design is one the prime examples of why we have yet to clearly see a single engine VF in any macross series. And yes I know some think that we see the back ends of a row of single engine VFs in Macross Plus. Look how much more complex the transformation has to be in order to accomodate the single engine and all the battroid parts. The engine also seems to be insanely short from how it folds against the back, even more so then the YF-21/VF-22s engines. THe f-16 style intake also makes no sense based on the transformation, as the entire intake is taken up by battroid parts. Any single engine VF will probably looks something like a Volksjager, with a podded engine that ends up on the back of the VF, or will at least have a dorsal intake.

Single engine VFs? In Mac+? I thought those were VF-14's. I honestly think the lack of single engine valks is more of a stylistic choice on the part of SK than anything else. Designing a single engine valk is undoubtedly harder, but it isn't necessarily guaranteed to yield a more complex valk. I really don't think the design is any more complicated than say the VF-9, and I find some of his solutions rather elegant (the way the upper body moves over the cockpit while pulling up the engine for instance)

Single engine VFs? In Mac+? I thought those were VF-14's. I honestly think the lack of single engine valks is more of a stylistic choice on the part of SK than anything else. Designing a single engine valk is undoubtedly harder, but it isn't necessarily guaranteed to yield a more complex valk. I really don't think the design is any more complicated than say the VF-9, and I find some of his solutions rather elegant (the way the upper body moves over the cockpit while pulling up the engine for instance)

Actually I have a very simple design in mind for a single engine valk.. which is a seaplane o_o;

(no propellers though)

Actually I have a very simple design in mind for a single engine valk.. which is a seaplane o_o;

(no propellers though)

were you the one who was working on making a design to mach the compendium discription of the VF-5?

Edited by anime52k8

were you the one who was working on making a design to mach the compendium discription of the VF-5?

O_o no I am a new member of the Macross online community, and the only two "valks" I am responsible for are the 26 and 31 concepts in my profile and they're crappy at that.

Thanks for the idea though :D

Edited by RF-26AAC

O_o no I am a new member of the Macross online community, and the only two "valks" I am responsible for are the 26 and 31 concepts in my profile and they're crappy at that.

Thanks for the idea though :D

found it. http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...=VF-5&st=0 I forgot how old this thread was.

Edited by anime52k8