Character Art Appreciation Topic

I know at least Gubaba's stopped reading the news thread because it's too spoilerrific (good thing, too; kresphy just posted the official summaries for the last 3 episodes), but I thought this scan was too awesome not to spread around:

23150.jpg

BOMBAA!!! ;)

I know at least Gubaba's stopped reading the news thread because it's too spoilerrific (good thing, too; kresphy just posted the official summaries for the last 3 episodes), but I thought this scan was too awesome not to spread around:

BOMBAA!!! ;)

Damn! That IS great!

But it would've been better if Alto had been dressed like Sharon Apple... :ph34r:

I can't see anything...

FIRE ANYWAY!!!

/jk

about girlalto, there *isn't* much of a difference... Damn you Alto, for your long hair and utter androgyny.

about altoxranka, that's actually pretty cute and helps me visualize them together as a couple a little bit better...

Edited by RF-26AAC

NYAHAHAHAHA X3

df3c9d21c70bc3e7c2fd2a1aeca23e91.jpg

I can just imagine it playing the tune of "pop goes the weasel" as she's turning the crank XD

dundundun dunn dunn dunn dunn dun, dundun dundun dunn dunnn dunnn...

roflcopter.

MISA/KLANFOREVER = COMMENTATOR OF THE DAY

Can't see the pics, red x's :p:)

I can see em just fine and YOU ARE MISSING OUT!!

Beautiful watercolor (i think) of Misa and Hikaru with a very, very lovely rendering of a valk in the shot,

Equally beautiful watercolor of Max and Milia again, with a very, very lovely valk.

Gorgeous.

Polidread, if you did these, I am amazed.. my sincerest compliments.

Beautiful watercolor (i think) of Misa and Hikaru with a very, very lovely rendering of a valk in the shot,

Equally beautiful watercolor of Max and Milia again, with a very, very lovely valk.

Gorgeous.

:angry: Can someone please upload them somewhere else so I can see please? kthx :p

:angry: Can someone please upload them somewhere else so I can see please? kthx :p

Does this work for you?

Seriously, gorgeous artwork :drool:

quick plug:

check out my crappy valkyrie concepts... link in my sig!

post-9466-1221084533_thumb.jpg

post-9466-1221084557_thumb.jpg

Edited by RF-26AAC

Gorgeous.

i can only WISH i did them. those are digital watercolors by none other than Haruhiko Mikimoto. :)

goes to show, you can't replace watercolors with any new digital techniques. Sure you can get close, but there's something really different (texturewise) about natural media.

As for Grace... I think the fanartists are still more interested in the SherylxAlto developments last episode XD

watercolor is HM's favorite medium and he likes heavy wet-on-dry washes, but it is a tricky technique even for long time users of watercolor.

i think when he got a hold of a digital equivalent he got more bold and intense - almost snowblindingly psychedelic - with his colors.

natural watercolors tend to lose intensity with too much use of water, so a digital medium with an "undo, redo" option totally changes a traditional/natural medium artist's outlook on his medium (!)

even i dont know what's gonna happen to me and my techniques if and when i get myself a wacom... :p

046_anonib.jpg