Macross Frontier Mecha/Technology Thread II *Read 1st Post*

Must be a personal taste. It isn't bad but it doesn't get me like some other designs.

It also has very small hands....

Fighter mode is the one I like the most... It kinda reminds me of the SR-71... (My favorite plane).

I also like the placement of those beam guns in Battroid mode... (shoulders).

^_^

post-7862-1216751878_thumb.gif

post-7862-1216751897_thumb.gif

Fighter mode is the one I like the most... It kinda reminds me of the SR-71... (My favorite plane).

^_^

Anyone in their right mind loves the SR-71. It's too bad they are all sitting on the ground now gathering dust. They aren't meant for that, they're ugly on the ground. That bird is only happy when zipping through the skies.

Anyone in their right mind loves the SR-71. It's too bad they are all sitting on the ground now gathering dust. They aren't meant for that, they're ugly on the ground. That bird is only happy when zipping through the skies.

well they have something better, but we just don't know what it is.... :p

Well the SR-71 Blackbird will be transforming as Jetfire in 2009. (A VF-1S Autobot in the G1 toyline)

You have to wonder whether Michael Bay would give a Gerwalk in joke.

Edited by RedWolf

^_^

I prefer the Varauta variant....because its purple ^_^

well they have something better, but we just don't know what it is.... :p

Indeed, there are a lot of things they have that are really good now that we don't know about... at least I assume they do. ;)

Well the SR-71 Blackbird will be transforming as Jetfire in 2009. (A VF-1S Autobot in the G1 toyline)

You have to wonder whether Michael Bay would give a Gerwalk in joke.

It actually is only rumor that the SR-71 is Jetfire, but I do hope and believe it is. Regardless there will be an SR-71 transformer. The main reason the Jetfire bit is unsubstantiated is because the SR-71 prop was seen with Decepticon symbols. However Jetfire has been an unstable character as far as allegiance before. I am speaking more to his many incarnations in the G1 comics, because in the G1 show he was called Skyfire and was radically altered so as not be sued by... heh... Harmony Gold and the Robotech people... of all people to sue over the VF-1 design.

As far as the Jetfire movie bit, I could believe the reason for the Decepticon symbols are perhaps the character being undercover as a double agent or spy.

Enough of that though as this is a Macross forum and not Transformers.

All valkyries are bound to have small hands, accept it. ^_^

Anyway, Galaxy is Macross Galaxy right? which mean it is also a Macross class and have a transformable part somewhere although is not necessary a NMC. I wonder if the bow of the Galaxy is a Macross Cannon.

I demand more Galaxy pic and lineart.

A man after my own heart :)

As I intended. :p

Edited by Master Dex

Hahahaha, indeed. You're are now truly member of Macross World :)

Good to know... Good to know indeed.

All valkyries are bound to have small hands, accept it. ^_^

Anyway, Galaxy is Macross Galaxy right? which mean it is also a Macross class and have a transformable part somewhere although is not necessary a NMC. I wonder if the bow of the Galaxy is a Macross Cannon.

I also demand the same... <_<

By the way things are unfolding we may very well see the Macross Quarter and the 25 (Leon going "boom"?) fight the Macross Galaxy in the forseable future... :blink:

By the way things are unfolding we may very well see the Macross Quarter and the 25 (Leon going "boom"?) fight the Macross Galaxy in the forseable future... :blink:

That is seems to be an inevitability.

:lol::lol::lol: Snake-Ozma :lol::lol::lol: priceless!

Thank's Kronnanq.

Go here...

That is seems to be an inevitability.

I wonder how powerful Galaxy forces really are... Their VF-27s seem pretty dangerous and I bet they could cause lots of damage in the Frontier Colony (to its defense fleet above all)... And don't forget that Galaxy has technologies that seem far superior than those of Frontier... So I believe we haven't seen anything yet...

And

Proto-Grace... Just imagine what will happen if she activates a Dimension Eater in Island-1...!!!

:ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Go here...

And Proto-Grace... Just imagine what will happen if she activates a Dimension Eater in Island-1...!!! :ph34r:

You just give massive spoiler for last episode of MF :(

I'm also wondering about Galaxy squadron, I believe Brera Antares squadron is supposed to be a special forces from Galaxy and we haven't saw the cannon fodder valk from Galaxy. Maybe they're using the yellow squid as the main cannon fodder? :)

You just give massive spoiler for last episode of MF :(

I'm also wondering about Galaxy squadron, I believe Brera Antares squadron is supposed to be a special forces from Galaxy and we haven't saw the cannon fodder valk from Galaxy. Maybe they're using the yellow squid as the main cannon fodder? :)

What about those green VF-27s we saw in the fold with Brera at the end of ep.7? We never saw them again but they were still there.

this one? :unsure:

vfgalaxy2fe3.th.jpg

demand x 3!

Macross F finale:

Frontier's Battle 25 going head to head with Galaxy's Battle 21

both are initially neck to neck, but Battle 21 being very technologically advanced gains upperhand.

M:Quarter transforms, swoops in from the side and gives the 21 a kamen rider/dinobot kick on its butt - follow up with Heavy Quantum Reaction Cannon blast right up its arse!! :ph34r:

Everyone lives happily ever after ^_^...

cept the Galaxy crew :p

Edited by Shun

vfgalaxy2fe3.th.jpg

We're still unsure on whether or not that's a proper Valk (a.k.a. variable fighter), although the general consensus is that it isn't.

Edited by d3v

vfgalaxy2fe3.th.jpg

That one looks strangely similiar to Ranka's backpack ^_^ . I still doubt that Galaxy use that as a main fighter, they probably use VF-171 for the NUNS and VF-27 for special forces.

Looking at the image of that unknown aircraft again I saw a few things that I didn't pick up on at first. One It looks to me as if it has the same cockpit setup as the VF-27, no standard canopy with a fully enclosed cybernetic control system. And two, the quad set canards looks close to those on the 27 as well. So could this be a support/scout craft for the 27s, or it could be part of a 'Hi/Low' mix of the Galaxy's fighter wings with the 27s being the top of line and this (could we give this thing a name?) is a cheap, quick to manufacturer non-variable fighter.

Almost forgot but at the end episode 14 when Brera is leaving the ship with Ranka in her 'egg' did anyone else catch that he had his 27 in fighter mode with the arms still deployed? Don't think that I've seen that done with a VF before.

post-8467-1216887702_thumb.jpg

Edited by hobbes221

Almost forgot but at the end episode 14 when Brera is leaving the ship with Ranka in her 'egg' did anyone else catch that he had his 27 in fighter mode with the arms still deployed? Don't think that I've seen that done with a VF before.

Well, technically you could say that it's in Battroid mode, but with the "legs" pointed backward for maximum forward thrust.

Well, technically you could say that it's in Battroid mode, but with the "legs" pointed backward for maximum forward thrust.

Isn't that already called Gerwalk mode?

I went back and looked, and Brera saving Ranka isn't the first time we've seen a jet with arms done, in episode 13 Michael just beats him to it! Michael is in jet mode, trying to hitch a ride on the Vajra ship, and the left leg drops a bit, and the left arm reaches out to grab the ship. It looks like the leg even tucks back into place after the arm is out. What I really thought was interesting was that the right leg and arm never move, only the left ones. Though the next time we see him, when Sheryl tries to fly away in episode 14 the plane is in full gerwalk. When Brera does it you see the legs fold foreword to stop, it pauses for a moment in gerwalk, then transform back to battroid. So it could simply be in gerwalk mode, with the legs back. I guess it is like only transforming the legs when you go to gerwalk and leaving the arms tucked away. I guess there are two alternate configurations for gerwalk mode, interesting.

Also after going back and looking at the stills of the 25 and 27 and unlike most other VFs I don't see any other external difference between Gerwalk and Jet mode other than the position of the arms and legs, so the question of whether it is a jet with arms, or a Gerwalk without legs is like asking if a note is a C sharp or a D flat, when both are describing the same note.

By definition, isn't jet mode the mode where it looks like a jet? Therefore, any arm action would make it not jet mode. Right?

I'm all for calling anything that isn't a jet or a battroid, the gerwalk mode: which I've heard described as having the features of both the jet and battroid modes.

I can't remember which thread I spotted it in, so I'll add it here:

This is a bird's eye view of Island 1. The red line that I added is to indicate where I think the Battle 25 is. It is quite small next to the city section. Compared to the Battle 7 when attached to city 7, the Battle 25 is downright puny.

Island1.jpg

Image from Macross Chronicle.

I can't remember which thread I spotted it in, so I'll add it here:

This is a bird's eye view of Island 1. The red line that I added is to indicate where I think the Battle 25 is. It is quite small next to the city section. Compared to the Battle 7 when attached to city 7, the Battle 25 is downright puny.

Image from Macross Chronicle.

I believe you're missing the aft portion of the Battle 25 (from where the first group of thin antennas-like thing protrude).

Still, it IS tiny compared to the whole.

Ooh! I hadn't seen this top view before. Compare it to the same view of Macross 7:

city7-macross7-schematics.gif

http://www.new-un-spacy.com/macross7/newma...-schematics.gif

Pretty solid copmarison. Cool, eh? I just did some quick cut and pastes in MS Paint and at the same scale (reducing the M7 pic to 40%), Island 1 is freaking gargantuan compared to City 7. Anyone care to do up a better comparison in Photoshop?

Mark

Edited by Mark Nguyen

Yep. As Frontier doesn't really show Battle 25, there's little real indication of how much bigger Island 1 is than its predecessor. The interesting part is how the city inside, being essentially San Fransisco, may have a port area - but nowhere for the ships to go...

The fun part is thinking about population density. Island 1 is supposed to support five million people, and City 7 had around 300,000. From the looks of it, City 7 is downright sparse. Given what we see in Macross 7, it's no real wonder that the Varauta managed to hide so many damn fighters in thter without anyone noticing...

Mark

Judging from the size of Island type colony ships, I think it was designed as a permanent space-based resident. If it still function as a colony ship, it would be an awesome sight seeing the entire island goes into atmosphere and land in ocean.

Whats the structure on the right side of Island 1? Is that the dock for Quarter?