Macross Frontier Episode 6 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 6 Rating  

205 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Episode 6?

• Positive (Prelude to action?!?!?!?!?!)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative ("Bye Bye Sheryl"? More like "Good Riddance")

I think Ozma's going to die... well many people think he's going to die... but I think he's going to die... SOON!

This is paraphrased cause I watched it raw and my Japanese is good enough to get the gist but not everything

"What did you say to Lanka?" "I promised her I would definitely not die. So I'm counting on you to look after me Medic-dono" "Of course (way loose translation on this line)" "that goes for everyone. Clear? We're going to live, we're definitely coming back to Frontier"

With a speach like that, of course he's going to die!

Edited by lord_breetai

I do expect that to happen. The writers will have to make Ranka as equal as a love interest to Alto as is Sheryl. The triangle has to be equally balanced to keep the drama.

We can tell from previous episodes that Alto wants to protect Ranka and cares for her. But we cannot tell right now if Alto sees Ranka as anything more than just a good friend. He does seem to be very playful with Sheryl and Sheryl is vulnerable in front of Alto.

But seriously, Ranka and Sheryl just can't compete with the VF-25 when it comes to Alto's love interest. :lol:

I love you

you love me

but he's in love with his plane

instead of me?

I think Ozma's going to die... well many people think he's going to die... but I think he's going to die... SOON!

This is paraphrased cause I watched it raw and my Japanese is good enough to get the gist but not everything

"What did you say to Lanka?" "I promised her I would definitely not die. So I'm counting on you to look after me Medic-dono" "Of course (way loose translation on this line)" "that goes for everyone. Clear? We're going to live, we're definitely coming back to Frontier"

yeah i also mentioned that i'm getting bad vibes from what he said.

and WHAT A THING TO SAY!!! just before the mission?! Ozma's supposed to give a motivational speech... i think he will die to protect somebody (maybe Alto?)

yeah i also mentioned that i'm getting bad vibes from what he said.

and WHAT A THING TO SAY!!! just before the mission?! Ozma's supposed to give a motivational speech... i think he will die to protect somebody (maybe Alto?)

Physica, City 7 is safe, you can tell from this attack. You just have to get through this battle and you can see your family again!

Fiddlesticks, I say!

At some point, he's going to get injured badly, but he'll break out of the hospital and (still in his dressing gown) get into his VF-25 and do a kamikaze run into an enemy battlecruiser.

Well, either that, or Ranka will make him some pineapple salad, but forget to check the expiration date on the pineapples, and he'll die of food poisoning.

It'd be almost shockingly early for the show to whack a main character, buuuut...

Well, can someone remind me when did everyone's favorite main character bites it in Nadesico? It's been a while. That was effectively used to prove a point in that series.

That said, there's more they could do with Ozuma so I don't think, or at least hope, he's going bite it just yet.

Fiddlesticks, I say!

At some point, he's going to get injured badly, but he'll break out of the hospital and (still in his dressing gown) get into his VF-25 and do a kamikaze run into an enemy battlecruiser.

Well, either that, or Ranka will make him some pineapple salad, but forget to check the expiration date on the pineapples, and he'll die of food poisoning.

not going to happen, pineapples are really obvious when they go bad.

That's true, or maybe Ranka is just a really bad cook? That's probably why Ozuma got into a fight with Ranka at the start of episode 5. He knew what was coming for breakfast and need some excuse to get out of it. Too bad Ranka killed him instead with a frying pan. Or a plasma TV in the manga...

That's true, or maybe Ranka is just a really bad cook? That's probably why Ozuma got into a fight with Ranka at the start of episode 5. He knew what was coming for breakfast and need some excuse to get out of it. Too bad Ranka killed him instead with a frying pan. Or a plasma TV in the manga...

haha, wouldn't it be a turn if Ozma dies because he suddenly gets dizzy from an undiagnosed concussion from when Ranka nailed him with that wok?

Well, can someone remind me when did everyone's favorite main character bites it in Nadesico? It's been a while. That was effectively used to prove a point in that series.

That said, there's more they could do with Ozuma so I don't think, or at least hope, he's going bite it just yet.

Well instead of "biting the dust" maybe Ozma's gonna do a T.C. McQueen role like in S.A.A.B. You know still commanding Skull Squadron, but flight status revoked because of injuries. B)) Well I can hope can't I? :lol:

Haven't you ever seen Chungking Express? Expired canned pineapples...you never even see 'em coming...

But okay...let's say someone put razorblades in the pineapples...that might finish him off.

Well instead of "biting the dust" maybe Ozma's gonna do a T.C. McQueen role like in S.A.A.B. You know still commanding Skull Squadron, but flight status revoked because of injuries. B)) Well I can hope can't I? :lol:

God, Space Above and Beyond, you are reeeeaaallly showing your age there. Then again, I was going to be an old codger and compare the end of episode 6 to some of the scene's in Space Battleship Yamato that had the heroes preparing to fight and then departing to a rousing tune.

Come to think of it, I think I have seen the departing sequence from the end of episode 6 in another show apart from SB:Y. Anybody have any ideas. (Yes, I know it has been done a few times in SF and other genre's, but there is something that is VERY similar, I just can't remember it.)

Taksraven

God, Space Above and Beyond, you are reeeeaaallly showing your age there.

Taksraven

Hey, 1995-1996 is not that long ago, especially compared to Space Battleship Yamato (74-75)! <_<^_^

haha, wouldn't it be a turn if Ozma dies because he suddenly gets dizzy from an undiagnosed concussion from when Ranka nailed him with that wok?

It'll be after he eats Ranka's pineapple salad!!@

Actually, I'm sure that since this show is all into "show you the old hooks with a twist", it'll have Ozma practically die halfway through, leave the hospital to see Ranka one more time...collaspe

AND HE'LL LIVE (only to die in episode 24).

Edited by ComicKaze

Actually, I'm sure that since this show is all into "show you the old hooks with a twist", it'll have Ozma practically die halfway through, leave the hospital to see Ranka one more time...collaspe

:lol:

cough...LOCK-ON STRATOS...cough :ph34r:

I'm gonna be proactive and request Ozma's death scene avatar now....pretty please Bill C :ph34r:

Deculture!

NOOOooooooooo!!!!!!! :angry:

He's not gonna die.....JUST YET. We must wait until there's a Pineapple Salad. <_<:lol:

BTW, we've seen a lot of scenes of Ozma standing alongside other people, and I was just wondering is he 7-foot tall or is he just normal height? IIRC, Fokker was 7+ feet.

Edited by grss1982

Nah~~ the power of the curse of the Pineapple Salad does not require the victim to eat it.

now we just need Cathy or Ranka to start preparing it :ph34r:

oh wait. shi+. maybe its Bobby :ph34r:

Edited by Shun

A couple things need to happen before the inevitable pineapple salad curse strikes...

Alto's promotion/medal

Ranka's birthday

Alto's injury/hospital visit

THEN

I'll get my new avatar mwuhahahaha

You left out Alto needs to be captured and thought MIA and lots of tears and crying happen from Ranka/Sheryl (oh I do love it when the girls are mourning). Ozma and Co. need to be around to go comfort those ladies when everybody think's Alto's dead.

I'm betting against everyone. Ozma is going to survive the whole series. All the mentor type pilots have died in each series except Macross Plus since there wasn't one. And I'm counting Ivanov from Macross Zero, since he seemed to have once been a mentor type to Focker. And the commander in VFX2 died as well. Ozma is going to survive.

I'm betting against everyone. Ozma is going to survive the whole series. All the mentor type pilots have died in each series except Macross Plus since there wasn't one. And I'm counting Ivanov from Macross Zero, since he seemed to have once been a mentor type to Focker. And the commander in VFX2 died as well. Ozma is going to survive.

i agree with Sumdumgai stop killing Ozma :angry:

Well moving away from all this talk about Ozma's possible demise in some future episode, I can see that Mikhail and Klan Klan fighting side by side in the next episode, similar to Max and Miria. Those two just need a knife fight in park to let their real feelings for each other out. Either that or settle it at their local game arcade.

Ok back to Ozma is going to die topic... If Ozma gets fatally injured in the next episode, then Luca will obviously die in the following episode in an omni-directional shield explosion. <_<

Shall we begin a bet on which episode Ozma is buying the farm?

Well, if they do kill him, lets make it really ironic. He gets back together with Cathy, they get engaged and she gets pregnant. Everything perfect...then BAM (if anyone remembers the movie Hotshots, think of Dead Meat)

According to the Macross Compendium...

Luca may be the one to buy a farm in the next episode... or could be captured by whoever is the enemy controlling the Vajra... Apparently his fighter is going to be swallowed by the giant Vajra carrier seen in the last part of the trailer for the next episode...

Don't know where they got that info though, so it could very well not happen at all, hehe...

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

I seem to remember there was an interview with Ozma's voice actor a couple of months ago, where he said that at that time it still hadn't been decided whether Ozma was going to survive the series or not.

IIRC, he said he didn't want Ozma to die and was trying to persuade the production staff to let Ozma live. :D

Graham

I'm with you here, and I'll go and say that they'll switch the trend again and the one that ends up dying would be Mikhail instead of Luca, when? who knows, but I have my doubts about the production letting the the youngest-looking of all the pilots eat it before the older ones, on top of that, they have been giving enough homages to the other series but at the same time keeping it different:

Ranka joins Miss Macross, but loses.

SDFM color designations, but blue ins't the Ace.

I know there's have to be quite a few more, but can't recall right now, so based on this I dont see Kakizakis color taking a hit again.

They normally correct animation in the DVD releases these days if there is a concern about the quality.

Admittedly, I don't buy many anime DVDs these days (my last purchase being the Macross Zero R2 disks), but I've never heard of a TV series anime having the animation redrawn for the DVD release. Has this actually happened before? Anybody know any examples of anime TV series where this has happened for the DVD release?

To correct episode 6, is not just a minor touch-up. IMO they would completely reanimate the character parts of episode 6.

Graham

Well, it's Macross, so it's a safe bet someone is gonna buy the farm before the end. The parallels with the original SDFM series are apparent and obvious so far, but with the "twists" I imagine it will happen in a way that you probably wouldn't expect at first, but make perfect sense in hindsight.

Ozma dying a la Pineapple Salad sometime mid-series seems a little too obvious to me ... I think (hope?) they're going to be more imaginitive than that. They've been clever with the twists so far, so I'm holding out faith here. Hadn't thought of Luca being on the chopping block, but that would seem to maybe fit the Kakazaki parralel. At least one or more of the main characters is pretty much guaranteed to bite it at some point, I think. Someone close to Alto, who will make even more brooding and reflect on the evils of war / question his motivations to continue in a massive bout of introspective character building ... (like the fan service, it's still anime, after all).

Maybe we should start a poll? (ducks)

:ph34r: