Robotech Shadow Chronicles gets a Blu-Ray release WTF!

Tobi54

I actually wasn't on that podcast. :) But yeah!

I would LOVE to see those Robotech parodies.

Ah well, it was a good episode anyway. the "Robotech Trilogy of Pain" (or should it be tetrology...?) was awesome all round.

Anyway, it's not quite up to "Robotech III" standards, but this is pretty funny:

http://www.scentinels.com/clips.html

Some of it's funny, some of it's just lame, but I really, really like Minmei's voice...sounds like she's talking through a killer head cold.

And again, I'd rather have this on Blu-Ray than SC.

I might get this on Blu-ray if I see a good price ($20 or under). Extremely unlikely for more than that, though. Never saw it on SD but I don't buy SD anymore (only exception I made in the last 2 years was a the remastered SDF Macross from the RT store)

"Khyron's Counter Attack"...? :blink:

Never heard of that one...was it done by the same people who did Robotech III?

Yes it was... and it's rarer because as far as they're concerned they never finished it, and only showed it once but somehow copies of it are out there.

It's the last episode of Gunbuster combined with Macross II footage (and Macross II was made greyscale to match the B&W Gunbuster episode).

"Khyron's Counter Attack"...? :blink:

Never heard of that one...was it done by the same people who did Robotech III?

Read here for actual info. By the way, this guy owns J-List.com, and I personally met him at Otakon in '07 where we talked about this.

http://www.seishun.org/2005/03/robotech-iv...nterattack.html

Read here for actual info. By the way, this guy owns J-List.com, and I personally met him at Otakon in '07 where we talked about this.

http://www.seishun.org/2005/03/robotech-iv...nterattack.html

Why has no one put this on youtube???

We should invite Tom to the website.

If his departure was as acrimonious as it sounds from Khyron Prime's blog (yeah, I know...not the most reliable source of info), then I would imagine he would want to stay away from anything involving Robotech OR its component parts for a while...

Although it would certainly be nice to hear him dish the dirt on HG...especially if he knows anything about their dubious legal rights to Macross sequels...

Tommy Yune seems like a nice guy from what I've heard one of the Robotech podcasts he frequents. Ginrai's talked to him a few times and he loves the 80's robots. And according to Todd, the making of special for SC made it look like he really loved what he was doing. Too bad all that love was squeezed out by mediocrity and a low budget haha.

Tommy Yune seems like a nice guy from what I've heard one of the Robotech podcasts he frequents. Ginrai's talked to him a few times and he loves the 80's robots. And according to Todd, the making of special for SC made it look like he really loved what he was doing. Too bad all that love was squeezed out by mediocrity and a low budget haha.

Now that I think of it, I think we may have run him off the website several years ago...

All i've heard about is the fan service.

What fanservice? All the girls are drawn with identical character models and they all have gigantic breasts that don't move. It's about as erotic as a statue in the park. Nevermind the fact 80% of character scenes in the movie are from the waist up. It's talking heads all the way.

What fanservice? All the girls are drawn with identical character models and they all have gigantic breasts that don't move. It's about as erotic as a statue in the park. Nevermind the fact 80% of character scenes in the movie are from the waist up. It's talking heads all the way.

Agreed. Magical Princess Minky Momo has more fanservice than SC did...

Sounds horrible! I'm taking into acount there is no anti HG bias too, so wow, i think i'll try and download a copy, stuff wasting money on it.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Now that I think of it, I think we may have run him off the website several years ago...

Did we run him off? I think he only made 2 posts tops, seemed to be of the survey variety, and then off he went.

I believe it was Steve Yun, not Tommy Yune, that used to post here around 2001. He was always very polite with us and, like Tommy, it was clear he had a true love for Macross and Robotech. IIRC, he left after Keith began flaming him after every post he made.

Yeah, I really liked Tommy Yune. He's a cool guy and very knowledgeable about 80's mecha anime. I think he was just in a tough position with a small budget and having to meet a bunch of ridiculous requirements. I think the movie is okay, but I am sympathetic. It could have been a lot better if they gave him a real budget and let him do what he wanted. Basically it's fine as a TV movie, but when presented as a feature film it's ... a stretch.

Edited by Ginrai

I believe it was Steve Yun, not Tommy Yune, that used to post here around 2001. He was always very polite with us and, like Tommy, it was clear he had a true love for Macross and Robotech. IIRC, he left after Keith began flaming him after every post he made.

Well, we were pretty militant back then, over the whole Harmony Gold mess. In the end, we still got our toys (sure, we had to import them), and VF-X2 wasn't all that great, anyway.

Shadow Chronicles is OKAY, but it's nowhere near as good as Macross F. What people should be mad about is that the bleu ray disc has way more features, not that it's coming out at all. Of course it was going to come out.

I liked the way in the Shadow Chronicles that the Invid (Inbit, whatever) were shown the door straight away and then the NEW BAD GUYS APPEARED INSTANTLY. You can almost hear the HG accountants and lawyers saying "Quick, get rid of the enemy and aspects of the show that we don't own completely and introduce a NEW enemy that we DO OWN completely." At that point I removed it from my DVD player never to return. :lol:

Taksraven

I liked the way in the Shadow Chronicles that the Invid (Inbit, whatever) were shown the door straight away and then the NEW BAD GUYS APPEARED INSTANTLY. You can almost hear the HG accountants and lawyers saying "Quick, get rid of the enemy and aspects of the show that we don't own completely and introduce a NEW enemy that we DO OWN completely." At that point I removed it from my DVD player never to return. :lol:

Taksraven

I think HG has all the Mospeada stuff sown up; the problem is the Macross & Southern Cross material. I heard BW owns the licence on Southern Cross to. Maybe that's why there hasn't been any movement on a masterpiece Hovertank yet.

I think HG has all the Mospeada stuff sown up;

That may be true, but it was still pretty obvious that they were clearing the decks for material that HG had created themselves.

the problem is the Macross & Southern Cross material. I heard BW owns the licence on Southern Cross to. Maybe that's why there hasn't been any movement on a masterpiece Hovertank yet.

Wasn't Southern Cross one of the "Super Dimension/al" series? Thats probably why they own the licence.

Taksraven

That may be true, but it was still pretty obvious that they were clearing the decks for material that HG had created themselves.

Wasn't Southern Cross one of the "Super Dimension/al" series? Thats probably why they own the licence.

Taksraven

Except I seem to recall Southern Cross being an all-Tatsunoko production, unlike Macross and Orguss.

Nope, wasn't me. Though I'm pretty sure we were all on for HG's stance on the licensing.

I know that Tommy was over on the rdf-hq chat a few times, way prior to the 'incident' but he seemed cordial but never really gave out any details. I had to lol at yellow's comment, but I think it was maybe SkullOne, or did he get the boot before then? He was probably the most fundamentalist of us.

Nope, wasn't me. Though I'm pretty sure we were all on for HG's stance on the licensing.

Yeah, it was a group effort. I think if you weren't around then, you wouldn't quite get it. It wasn't a great time to be a Macross fan living in the US. I think things would be much different if some of those folks were around now.

Yeah, it was a group effort. I think if you weren't around then, you wouldn't quite get it. It wasn't a great time to be a Macross fan living in the US. I think things would be much different if some of those folks were around now.

Well...I joined Macrossworld in...2000, I believe...? Right after I got the three Animeigo sets.

But I wasn't a frequent visitor then, so I must've missed all of this. Still, in Los Angeles, I never had any trouble finding Macross merchadise (Hasegawa, that is). The late, lamented Best1 Hobby in Alhambra always had a full stock. And I got a couple of VF-1D kits from Valkyrie-Exchange at that time, too.

So what's the real story? How was everyone's Macross purchasing ability affected?