Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

Is Macross not that popular in Japan? Why is it being shown at 2 in the morning? I'd always thought there was a good fanbase there as well.

If you notice the other times there, you'll notice lots of anime are on late. It's all due to scheduling. Family shows, dramas, variety shows, and similar are much greater ratings grabbers than anime. This has pushed anime to mostly the far ends of the scheduling spectrum. Although, there are a few shows that are on during the primetime hours, anime in general, are not ratings grabbers so they are on either early in the morning or late nights.

VF-27? Maybe I wasn't too far off when I was wondering what would happen if anti-NUNS forces got their hands on Protoculture weaponry.

I was thinking the same thing...

I am hoping the entry in the euro&japanese wiki's are leaks rather than speculation about the Macross universe "cold war". Would add a whole new dimension to the anime since internal political strife was mainly only explored in the games...

If you notice the other times there, you'll notice lots of anime are on late. It's all due to scheduling. Family shows, dramas, variety shows, and similar are much greater ratings grabbers than anime. This has pushed anime to mostly the far ends of the scheduling spectrum. Although, there are a few shows that are on during the primetime hours, anime in general, are not ratings grabbers so they are on either early in the morning or late nights.

With the advent of PVRs a popular show's scheduling is becoming less and less of an issue, even here...

Yeah, when you look at overall ratings, the big shows are more family oriented, and unless its an uber hot anime, most of the rest fall late at night and does much lower numbers. I don't know how the Japanese system works, but I know in the US they don't count DVRed shows in the ratings.

Yeah, when you look at overall ratings, the big shows are more family oriented, and unless its an uber hot anime, most of the rest fall late at night and does much lower numbers. I don't know how the Japanese system works, but I know in the US they don't count DVRed shows in the ratings.

Really?

They used to count the TiVO with all the others...

Would explain why so many really good shows get cancelled despite the fan bases...

Busy people don't sit at home with Clem and watch TV all night... :rolleyes:

MF sure took a hit. Guess people didn't like the mild episodes....

I knew there would be some kind of movement in the ratings in either direction but I didn't expect such a drop. Hopefully it'd gain back the ground it lost within the next three episodes otherwise it'll be unlikely to even top it's high of 2.6.

Granted I'm basing this on TV market trends in the western markets, it might work differently there in Japan. Even in the Kantou region it's rating trends might work differently to the rest of the country's.

Whatever the case, keeping fingers cross it won't lose more than it already has within that time.

I've read some of the thread here but i don't see a picture of Mikhail's sister. Where is she?

It's only mentioned in writing.

So Mikhail is like good friend that's going to get killed and galvanizes Alto?

:blink:

The story of EP.07-10....

In order to ensure the mystery of unbroadcast Episode, I could not guarantee the authenticity and integrity of following content.

HOHO~~

^^

第07話:ファースト・アタック(First Attack)、2008.05.15

脚本:吉野弘幸

絵コンテ:河森正治

作画監督:大籠之仁

演出:松田 清

S.M.S assist Galaxy Fleet.

When they have the advantage, a huge aircraft carrier of Vajra appears in front of them.

Alto encounter mystery Valk(VF-27) when he save Luca.

第08話:ハイスクール・クイーン(High School Queen)、2008.05.22

絵コンテ:原 博

作画監督:鈴木信吾、山中正博

演出:金澤洪充

Ranka transfer to Mihoshi Academy High School with her dream.

There is some riots by Sheryl's visit.....

Ranka encounter mystery BOY who know her memory song "Aimo"

第09話:フレンドリー・ファイア(Friendly Fire)、2008.05.29

絵コンテ:鹿島典夫

作画監督:KIM YONG-SIK

演出:鹿島典夫

Mikhail make some mistakes when he get sis Jessica(ジェシカ)'s information in the battle.

klan is shot down by mystery Valk. Alto set a trap for it, but Mikhail...

第10話:レジェンド・オブ・ゼロ(Legend of Zero)、2008.06.05

絵コンテ:阿保孝雄

作画監督:小倉典子

演出:間島崇寛

The Legend Character Shin Kudo's biography movie Macross Zero is making...

S.M.S's fellas undertake underwater photography job in it.

Because the heroine is injured in the movie, Ranka get a Chara.

But she must face a ... Scene with Alto. (HAHA ^^)

BTW, the first contact of Vajra in A.D.2040, but the old U.N. cover the truth.

A.D.2040... Sharon Apple!

A.D.2048, The 117th investigation Fleet is destroyed by Vajra.

The new U.N. cover the truth too.

Why????

= =

VF-27 !?!?!?

:huh: Keep the variable fighters coming. :wacko:

Well... Alto doesn't sing, last time I checked.

apparently, neither does sheryl's top.

Ratings for last week (Kantou Region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.)), courtesy of Animesuki.com,

:(

Anyways I'm hoping for MF to get a boost on episode 6. :)

Shows that people are only there for the action scenes.

Or they preferred watching episode 5 of Code Gease, because of Viletta's ASS!!! :ph34r::lol:

Villets's ASS > Giant Zentraedi Panty? :lol:

:(

Anyways I'm hoping for MF to get a boost on episode 6. :)

I'm leaning towards episode 7 for that if the result of episode 5's low was due to an non-action episode. 6 looks like the it's mostly about people getting their business in order before deploying for the conflict in episode 7.

Ratings for last week (Kantou Region of Japan (Tokyo, Yokohama, Kawasaki, Saitama, Chiba, etc.)), courtesy of Animesuki.com,

A lot of shows took a hit this week so it's not alone in that.. but I'm still lol @ how To Love Ru and Macross Frontier have outrated Geass 3 times out of 5 so far this season.

A lot of shows took a hit this week so it's not alone in that.. but I'm still lol @ how To Love Ru and Macross Frontier have outrated Geass 3 times out of 5 so far this season.

Probably got something to do with Golden Week here last week.

There's a bunch of updated news on the official homepage. Something about Pizza Hut limited prices, NewType content and May'N live performance.

I can't read them all, and Babelfish died on me.

Golden Week????

Oh, ok, public holiday.

Taksraven

Edited by taksraven

If by that you mean no one could be bothered to stay at home and up to watch it, I guess that's as good a reason as any other. Looking at the numbers of the other series though they all either had moderate climbs or slight drops. Frontier unfortunately is one of few that suffered the larger - 0.5 or more points drop. Uneasy is one word that comes to mind when looking at that.

Hopefully it's just happenstance and things will be better on the next report.

Granted not that will affect the production of Frontier that much since most of the money is to be made on DVDs. Hopefully.

Wow! There's a VF-27 now? That could explain the unknown (at least to me?) fighter in the opening sequence.

We're still not sure about what that fighter is called cuz most of it is still rumor-status info. It mentions VF-27, but it helps to have a picture go with it to be sure.

Sheryl, Ranka, and the blobphone? And no Alto? Color me surprised...and where's the logo?

IIRC most of the Macross OST's don't show the logo, since it's about the singers and Victor is selling music not the show...

The silhouette of the new fighter looks a lot like the SV-51 with boosters. It's probably an anti-NUNs fighters just like the SV-51 was a anti UN fighter.

I was thinking SV-51 - especially with those canards on the front. Its not a modified YF-19 is it. (I will get howled down on this one for sure). Isamu???

Taksraven