Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

Does anyone know if there are plans to release Ranka's version of "My Boyfriends a Pilot"?

There are plans for a Ranka (Megumi) CD single after the Macross F OST 1 is released. Not sure if the songs "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" or "Do you remember Love" would be there, but I have a good feeling they will.

*2.7% (*2.5%) 04/24 (Thu) *5:30pm-*6:00pm TV Tokyo Tennis no Oujisama [The Prince of Tennis] (Rerun)

*2.6% (*2.3%) 04/26 (Sat) *1:55am-*2:25am TBS Macross FRONTIER

*2.5% (*2.9%) 04/25 (Fri) *1:25am-*1:55am TBS xxxHOLiC Kei

*2.5% (*2.1%) 04/26 (Sat) *2:25am-*2:55am TBS Itazura na Kiss

*2.2% (*2.9%) 04/25 (Fri) *1:55am-*2:25am TBS To LOVE Ru -Trouble-

*2.2% (*2.9%) 04/26 (Sat) *1:53am-*2:23am TV Tokyo Golgo 13

**.*% (*2.0%) 04/28 (Mon) *1:30am-*2:00am TV Tokyo Nabari no Ou

*1.7% (*2.3%) 04/21 (Mon) *6:00pm-*6:30pm TV Tokyo SOUL EATER

*1.7% (*2.2%) 04/25 (Fri) *2:15am-*2:45am TV Tokyo SOUL EATER Late Show

*1.7% (*2.0%) 04/27 (Sun) *6:30am-*7:00am TV Asahi Hatara Kids My Ham Gumi

*1.6% (*2.3%) 04/23 (Wed) *1:14am-*1:44am NTV RD Sennou Chousashitsu [aka Real Drive]

*1.4% (*2.8%) 04/27 (Sun) *5:00pm-*5:30pm TBS Code Geass Hangyaku no Lelouch R2

*1.2% (*0.8%) 04/23 (Wed) *1:44am-*2:14am NTV Himitsu -Top Secret-

*0.9% (*1.6%) 04/21 (Mon) *5:30pm-*6:00pm TV Tokyo BLEACH Best Selection

Woo hoo! MF beat xxxHOLiC Kei last week! Not sure what's wrong with Code Geass R2...

Here's the spread from the episode that aired 4/12 (episode 2).

HOME | KIDS | *TEEN | ***M1 | ***M2 | ***M3 | ***F1 | ***F2 | ***F3 | PROGRAM

*2.7% | **.*% | *0.3% | *4.2% | *2.5% | *0.2% | *1.0% | *1.2% | *0.2% | Macross FRONTIER (2008/04/12 Kantou)

HOME : Households (Setai)

KIDS : Boys & Girls aged 4-12 years

TEEN : Boys & Girls aged 13-19 years

***M1 : Men aged 20-34 years

***M2 : Men aged 35-49 years

***M3 : Men aged 50 years and over

***F1 : Women aged 20-34 years

***F2 : Women aged 35-49 years

***F3 : Women aged 50 years and over

That's funny. A lot of younger kids are watching now. I thought it was going to make a killing in the M2 range.

Good on the females in the F3 category. :lol: I never knew that grandma liked Macross.

I just got Sheryl Nome's CD Single with Don't Be late and Diamond. I'm kind of dissapointed. There's no instrumental versions of these two songs...that's all you get, those two songs.

I just got Sheryl Nome's CD Single with Don't Be late and Diamond. I'm kind of dissapointed. There's no instrumental versions of these two songs...that's all you get, those two songs.

You do know the CD single isn't out yet, right? The leaked copy is floating out there right now. The CD is due on May 8th.

Does anyone know if there are plans to release Ranka's version of "My Boyfriends a Pilot"?

If you need a quick fix, Ranka's version is (almost) the same arragement of the song that appears on "Mylene Jenius Sings Lynn Minmay."

ou do know the CD single isn't out yet, right? The leaked copy is floating out there right now. The CD is due on May 8th.

Really? So then I don't have the official CD? Then I am very curious on how this group managed to get those songs.

Really? So then I don't have the official CD? Then I am very curious on how this group managed to get those songs.

Probably involved the maiming (or worse!) of at least two sound engineers, and an unspecified number of JVC employees...

They probably stole it from our links and re-encoded it at a higher bitrate.

Oh good then. That means I still got a dub to work on...kind sucks when some parts are in english and the rest is in japanese cause someone didnt release an instrumental version.

Atleast I got something for a sheryl fix until next week.

Woo hoo! MF beat xxxHOLiC Kei last week! Not sure what's wrong with Code Geass R2...

Depends. Has Code Geass always been in the Sunday timeslot? That could account for it. People tend to rather go out and do something on their weekends rather than stay home before starting their mon-fri daily grind.

I'm mystified by a rerun taking the top spot as well. Then again I'm heavily biased against Prince of Tennis.

Subsequent ratings spread for ep 3-4 will be interesting. If the numbers keeps up they could represent the core viewers for the first half of the season.

Depends. Has Code Geass always been in the Sunday timeslot? That could account for it. People tend to rather go out and do something on their weekends rather than stay home before starting their mon-fri daily grind.

It was previously on Saturdays, in Gundam 00's old timeslot. Then that block got moved to Sundays after Gundam 00 finished.

Remember those threads in which people would say Macross wasn't popular in Japan? :) Seriously, this is good stuff.

Remember those threads in which people would say Macross wasn't popular in Japan? :) Seriously, this is good stuff.

I know that this is still early days with only 5 episodes out so far, but how does the popularity of Frontier compare to the overall popularity of Mac7 back in it's heady days? I know it was popular but how high was it compared to the other shows at the time.

That could help explain the large M1 demographic of the ratings spread.

Oricon chart:

Oricon Charts Week 18

Vorige week 17 Volgende week

1 New Tohoshinki - Beautiful You

2 2 Shuchishin - Shuchishin

3 New Maaya Sakamoto - Triangler

4 New C-ute - Namida No Iro

5 New Ryu Si Won - Aishiteru

I wonder if Ranka VA will became lika Mari Ijima. I like her song.

So it's safe to say the ratings are good for Macross Frontier?

Looks that way, in the greater Tokyo area atleast which this ratings spread looks like it's from. Granted shows rated above and below it was only 0.1 of a point off either way so they're all relatively neck-to-neck. We'll have a better idea as time goes by by the drop offs or climbs in the stats that's sure to happen.

All you need for the ratings to drop is an episode or two with a bad script and lousy drawing. We don't need a repeat of that Aquarion episode where they end up in a fantasy zone and they were drawn like some kid's nightmare made real.

All I ask for Frontier to be strong is they keep the story moving with strong developments and decent action on each episode. So far they are going strong and doing great. Just don't stop for a damn recap episode. We can all do without that.

Hmm. So for the musical completists, Triangler is at the moment only available on its own single...and the single version of Don't Be Late is unique to itself in some way. (Long version?) I'm going to have to make one large order to CD Japan in a couple of weeks, I see it coming...

-Those of you wanting to hear more Megumi Nakajima's debut single (Ranka Lee) will be glad to know the details.

VTCL-35029 \1,155 (tax included)

in stores June 25, 2008.

Details are still in the works.

-Animax will also begin broadcasting Macross Frontier starting May 7th.

http://www.animax.co.jp/

-Those of you wanting to hear more Megumi Nakajima's debut single (Ranka Lee) will be glad to know the details.

VTCL-35029 \1,155 (tax included)

in stores June 25, 2008.

Details are still in the works.

Hmm. So will Megumi's single be completely unrelated to MacF, or will it be (just guessing) a tie-in featuring two, maybe three, of Ranka's greatest hits so far?

It was previously on Saturdays, in Gundam 00's old timeslot. Then that block got moved to Sundays after Gundam 00 finished.

The first season of Code Geass was never in the old timeslot occupied by Gundam 00. Geass was on a late night timeslot, like 1 a.m.

Hmm. So will Megumi's single be completely unrelated to MacF, or will it be (just guessing) a tie-in featuring two, maybe three, of Ranka's greatest hits so far?

Yoko Kanno will be working on this single as well but we I guess we'll hear more details as the release date gets closer.

And here's a ratings for the past month from the Anime ratings thread at Animesuki (again, based on the TBS airing, Kantou region)

Ep 1 - 1.1%

Ep 2 - 2.7%

Ep 3 - 2.3%

Ep 4 - 2.6%

If MF can break 3%, then I would say that's really good considering the late-night airing.