Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

Damn, I want that wallpaper.

Perhaps one of our members in Japan can joint the Pizza hut site and get it.

Graham

I hope they never validate the address... at least not until the campaign ends :p

Here it is for y'all:

post-322-1210663638_thumb.jpg

I don't think the Vajra have much of a connection to the Protodevlin. The Protodevlin just flew off to create their Spiritia Paradise without being vampiric creatures.

yeah, i'm not saying protodevlin r involved with the vajra, just saying that my impression is that they're still around... somewhere.

Yes, three of them are indeed still around. However, since they've learned how to create spirita for themselves ("TRY AGAIN! TRY AGAIN!"), they aren't a threat to anyone.

OMG, when i read that, the song echo-ed in my head... :huh:

:ph34r:

And thanks GGemini for that pic!! it's my wallpaper now ^_^

Edited by Shun

regarding the pizza hut MF wallpaper...

They really need to figure out what the characters are supposed to look like. That looks like random anime characters cosplaying as sheryl, alto and ranka.

They really need to figure out what the characters are supposed to look like. That looks like random anime characters cosplaying as sheryl, alto and ranka.

Looks like episode 15 art to me. :lol:

Sheryl looks like that in episode 1...

In respect Pizza Hut poster, are those asteroids bottom left of the "death star" or a new type of vajras ? :huh:

I believe those are the other islands in the Frontier fleet. They should've shown the fleet from its starboard or port sides instead of slightly head-on. It does kind of look like the death star at this angle :lol: I think the only thing they really got correct was the logo and the VF-25.

Until I see the words "Protodevlin" "spiritia" or anything else related to Mac 7 or Mac Zero, I'm not going to relate Mac F to those shows. This is a series in itself with fan-wank references. Once I see these words and ideas in the show, then I'll believe them. :)

Until I see the words "Protodevlin" "spiritia" or anything else related to Mac 7 or Mac Zero, I'm not going to relate Mac F to those shows. This is a series in itself with fan-wank references. Once I see these words and ideas in the show, then I'll believe them. :)

From the Macross F wikipedia article...

Episode #10 - "Legend of Zero" -

"Rezendo Obu Zero" (レジェンド・オブ・ゼロ) June 05, 2008

Summary: Ranka Lee is contracted to act in a minor role during a movie about the legend of Shin Kudo, while Sheryl Nome is the main female protagonist of the film.

:lol:

Yes, and they aren't Protodeviln.

Yes, but they were created by the Protodeviln to fight the Stellar Republic. After the Protodeviln were imprisoned by the Anima Spiritia they kept their fighting with the Zentradi indefinitely. One of my theories regarding the Vajra is that they are biological weapons created by the Supervision Army Protoculture used to search & destroy Anima Spiritia & that they were left behind by them since ancient times... or perhaps some new party (

ANTI-NUNS

?) found them & are using them now...

Other theory of mine is that the enemy controlling the VAJRA is no other than

the Protoculture themselves. Perhaps Brera Sterne is a descendant of the ppl from the Megaroad 1 & the VF-27 was created from the VF-4

The Macross Universe is so vast that anything seems possible... ^_^

...or anything else related to Mac 7 or Mac Zero, I'm not going to relate Mac F to those shows.

Let me see...

Spirals, check...

VF-25, check...

VF-27, check...

VF-171, check...

Island 1, check... :lol:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

let's try this tally exercise.

Macross Frontier's specific links to various other Macross series.

-- SDFM == zentran is referred to both male and female zentraedi, "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" announced/acknowledged as legendary idol-song.

-- DYRL == crimson Q-Rau, opening graphic-still (Vritai reaching for Minmay) in an episode or two.

-- Macross Plus == Planet Eden being one of the colonial launchpads in the intro.

-- Macross 7 == brief M7-song in Ozma's radio.

-- Macross Zero == "Nome" surname, upcoming episode titled "Legend of Zero/Shin Kudo" movie.

I guess anything else other than those listed will now be considered fan-fic (e.g. protodevlin, supervision army, etc, etc). Unless of course, they do get a specific mention within the future episodes.

Feel free to add anything specific and outright mentioned in Frontier's episodes that ties in with the other Macross-series. No speculations!

B))

Edited by treatment

Yes, but they were created by the Protodeviln to fight the Stellar Republic. After the Protodeviln were imprisoned by the Anima Spiritia they kept their fighting with the Zentradi indefinitely. One of my theories regarding the Vajra is that they are biological weapons created by the Supervision Army Protoculture used to search & destroy Anima Spiritia & that they were left behind by them since ancient times... or perhaps some new party (ANTI-NUNS?) found them & are using them now...

Other theory of mine is that the enemy controlling the VAJRA is no other than the Protoculture themselves. Perhaps Brera Sterne is a descendant of the ppl from the Megaroad 1 & the VF-27 was created from the VF-4...

The Macross Universe is so vast that anything seems possible... ^_^

You're really grasping at straws. :)

Well, some time ago I read in some anime news forums that Soji Kawamori himself said the Macross Frontier series were going to bring closure & solve all the questions left behind by past series. I used to think this was bogus... But... So far... The increasing amount of "references" & "tributes" to past shows more & more are convincing me that maybe those news were true...

Time will telll... :ph34r:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Well, I read in some anime news forums that, supposedly Soji Kawamori himself said that the Macross Frontier series were going to bring closure & solve all the questions left behind by past series.

And where did you hear this, specifically? :blink:

And where did you hear this, specifically? :blink:

Anime News Network... However, it was loooong ago (2007)... Since the series were announced. I haven't found anything related to that ever since... So I'd rather no speculate about it... <_<

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

The Protodeviln are gone.

*Sigh* Anima Spiritia has NOTHING to do with the PD with the exception that it was an ability that helped imprison them. That doesn't mean it will make a comeback, just that it's an ability discovered by the PC as described in Mac 7 and utilized in that show to shoot rainbow colored beams of love at the PD...

*Sigh* Anima Spiritia has NOTHING to do with the PD with the exception that it was an ability that helped imprison them. That doesn't mean it will make a comeback, just that it's an ability discovered by the PC as described in Mac 7 and utilized in that show to shoot rainbow colored beams of love at the PD...

Mmmmmm, love. I love you, man.

What I've heard (don't know where) is that this could be the series Kawamori always wanted to make. And on ex-org I read he once wanted to make some kind of cross between Macross and Spring&Chaos, although it didn't look like it was supposed to be a Macross series. I've never heard anywhere except here this series will tie all Macross together (Turn A Macross?).

FV

let's try this tally exercise.

-- SDFM == zentran is referred to both male and female zentraedi, "My Boyfriend is a Pilot" announced/acknowledged as legendary idol-song.

Actually the term Zentran was used in DYRL to distinguish between the Male (Zentran) and Female (Meltran) genders of the Zentreadi race.

It has been used that way ever since, for the most part.

What I've heard (don't know where) is that this could be the series Kawamori always wanted to make. And on ex-org I read he once wanted to make some kind of cross between Macross and Spring&Chaos, although it didn't look like it was supposed to be a Macross series. I've never heard anywhere except here this series will tie all Macross together (Turn A Macross?).

FV

Yeah, he said that in an interview somewhere, however I don't recall any references about tying up loose ends. However, if that is indeed his intention, then he will open just as many enigmas as he closes. He likes to do that.... :p

Edited by Zinjo

Actually the term Zentran was used in DYRL to distinguish between the Male (Zentran) and Female (Meltran) genders of the Zentreadi race.

It has been used that way ever since, for the most part.

That's why I listed it as the SDFM-link for Frontier.

Frontier has yet to use the term "Meltran" (DYRL-specific) in any of the episodes so far.