Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

If they truly want to boost sales they'll announce an English subtitle track for all their bluray releases. Then they'll see a sudden increase in pre-orders from foreign countries... <_<

Well considering the US is in the same region as Japan when it comes to Blu-ray more then likely there will be an English subtitle set.

I think the DVD sales will be more important than the ratings, anyway. And once the DVDs start coming out, all the Johji-Come-Latelys might start watching the broadcast...

True. Code Geass and Haruhi had horrible ratings around the 1.5%-2.5% mark like most late night shows do. But they sold around 45k/41k per dvd volume each which placed them as 5th and 6th highest selling shows respectively.

There was a youtube vid with this figures floating around.. every show from 2002 & up is the same as the oricon figures posted on AnimeSuki.

#25 Gitsac 2nd Gig 19641 units

#24 Card Captor Sakura 20192 units

#23 Azumanga Daioh 23725 units

#22 Air 23905 units

#21 Love Hina 24013 units

#20 Gundam ZZ 26028 units

#19 Fate/Stay Night 26047 units

#18 Gundam Wing 28469 units

#17 Patlabor 28514 units

#16 Initial D Fourth State 29508 units

#15 Future Boy Conan 31158 units

#14 Dragon Ball GT 31696 units

(After 4 volumes Gundam 00 is at 32,805, massive drop from the 2 SEED series let alone Code Geass...)

#13 Lupin The Third 1st Series 35331 units

#12 Fullmetal Alchemist 36519 units

#11 Nadia The Secret Of Blue Water 36821 units

#10 Martian Successor Nadesico 37897 units

#9 Dragon Ball Z 40065 units

#8 Cowboy Bebop 40212 units

#7 Suzumiya Haruhi 41307 units

#6 Code Geass 44657 units

#5 Zeta Gundam 54994 units

#4 Gundam Seed 58563 units

#3 Gundam Seed Destiny 69247 units

#2 Mobile Suit Gundam 80928 units

#1 Neon Genesis Evangelion 173458

Well considering the US is in the same region as Japan when it comes to Blu-ray more then likely there will be an English subtitle set.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

But you'd be WRONG, Professor! Dead wrong!

Because adding subtitles to the Blu-Ray discs would make sense...and "making sense" is something Bandai's not about to do.

Here are CD Japan's sales:

DVD (scroll down for pre-orders list): http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/anime/dvd/top.html

CD (pre-orders): http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/anime/cd/top_limited.html

CDs: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/anime/cd/top.html

As an aside, Kanno is also on top of the Voice Actors' CDs (Voice actors?!):

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/anime/act/top_cd.html

Voice Artist, not Voice Actor. And although there is one probably obvious reason for her to be included in a list of Voice Artists, it's probably more that that CD features a variety of singers anyway, and the credit is just Yoko Kanno because of the nature of the CM Yoko album (a compilation of various songs she has done for commercials).

I just listened to the leak songs and "what bout my star @ folmo" is not the Ranka version. Is this a mistake?

Darn, I want Ranka version of "bout my star" as well the "infinity" duet between her and Sheryl. :angry:

I just listened to the leak songs and "what bout my star @ folmo" is not the Ranka version. Is this a mistake?

Darn, I want Ranka version of "bout my star" as well the "infinity" duet between her and Sheryl. :angry:

Hrmm, that would be disappointing; I wonder if that's a mistake though; unless someone else goes back to Folmo to perform What Bout My Star, the Ranka version is the only one that makes sense with that track name.

So what is it then? Another arrangement of Sheryl's version?

Looking at the list of the leaked songs, it simply said:

What 'bout my star? (Sheryl On Stage)

What 'bout my star?

Are you sure that second one is @ Folmo? I'm wondering if it's just another track (i.e. without the crowd noise of the Sheryl on Stage) version.

Edited by Elektrix

Hrmm, that would be disappointing; I wonder if that's a mistake though; unless someone else goes back to Folmo to perform What Bout My Star, the Ranka version is the only one that makes sense with that track name.

So what is it then? Another arrangement of Sheryl's version?

Looking at the list of the leaked songs, it simply said:

What 'bout my star?

Are you sure that second one is @ Folmo? I'm wondering if it's just another track (i.e. without the crowd noise of the Sheryl on Stage) version.

The file I downloaded definitely said @Folmo, maybe its the uploader mistake. Both "bout my star" seems to be the same version for me. I hope when the CD is released the @folmo is the true one sang by Ranka <_<

The file I downloaded definitely said @Folmo, maybe its the uploader mistake. Both "bout my star" seems to be the same version for me. I hope when the CD is released the @folmo is the true one sang by Ranka <_<

Yeah - I bet that's a mistake then.... certainly if they both seem to be the same version.

Honestly, I would be shocked if the track on the official CD called "What Bout My Star @ Folmo" was not the Ranka version.

-Elektrix

The FULL SAMPLE Ver of these songs is leaked.

You can google it.... or PM me ....

^^

インフィニティ(Infinity)

What 'bout my star?

愛・おぼえていますか

私の彼はパイロット(Part.1).

私の彼はパイロット(Part.2).

宇宙兄弟船

Thanks for pastry San.

This is a little old now, but besides the 2 What 'bout my star's and Infinity, I don't know what the other songs are called. Can anyone tell me, if they don't have an english name then does anyone know the romaji name for them (as in english characters)?

Voice Artist, not Voice Actor. And although there is one probably obvious reason for her to be included in a list of Voice Artists, it's probably more that that CD features a variety of singers anyway, and the credit is just Yoko Kanno because of the nature of the CM Yoko album (a compilation of various songs she has done for commercials).

Oops sorry, politically incorrect there. Now I realize, Maaya Sakamoto is one of the singers in that album, so I guess it counts.

This is a little old now, but besides the 2 What 'bout my star's and Infinity, I don't know what the other songs are called. Can anyone tell me, if they don't have an english name then does anyone know the romaji name for them (as in english characters)?

愛・おぼえていますか - Ai Oboete Imasu Ka - Do you Remember Love?

私の彼はパイロット(Part.1). - Watashi no Kare wa Pilotto Part 1- My Boyfriend is a Pilot Part 1

私の彼はパイロット(Part.2).- Watashi no Kare wa Pilotto Part 2 - My Boyfriend is a Pilot Part 2

宇宙兄弟船 - Uchuu Kyoudai Fune - Space Brother Ship (I refer to this song as "Brother Spaceship")

Edited by mike_s_6

愛・おぼえていますか - Ai Oboete Imasu Ka - Do you Remember Love?

私の彼はパイロット(Part.1). - Watashi no Kare wa Pilotto Part 1- My Boyfriend is a Pilot Part 1

私の彼はパイロット(Part.2).- Watashi no Kare wa Pilotto Part 2 - My Boyfriend is a Pilot Part 2

宇宙兄弟船 - Uchuu Kyoudai Fune - Space Brother Ship (I refer to this song as "Brother Spaceship")

Thanks, hmm.. the songs when saved on my computer don't show the Japanese characters.. apparently my computer doesn't support those characters... but I see them fine in Firefox on this page and others... does anyone know anything I can download so I can see the characters correctly?

Now that I know the songs names I need to figure out which ones are which, lol... well 'My Boyfriend is a Pilot' will be easy, I know that one as I've heard it many times before,... but I seem to only have part 1, is part 2 just a different verison?

Thanks, hmm.. the songs when saved on my computer don't show the Japanese characters.. apparently my computer doesn't support those characters... but I see them fine in Firefox on this page and others... does anyone know anything I can download so I can see the characters correctly?

Now that I know the songs names I need to figure out which ones are which, lol... well 'My Boyfriend is a Pilot' will be easy, I know that one as I've heard it many times before,... but I seem to only have part 1, is part 2 just a different verison?

...they don't appear fine on my computer either :lol: Part 2 has different lyrics from Part 1. The Brother spaceship song has a male singer. And, surely you know Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?

Edited by mike_s_6

Isn't this one the song the giant Zentran is singing at the mall entrance?

...they don't appear fine on my computer either :lol: Part 2 has different lyrics from Part 1. The Brother spaceship song has a male singer. And, surely you know Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?

Well, I may have heard it before, but I can't remember what it sounds like off the top of my head (at this moment I haven't taken the time to listen to all the above listed stuff). I know of course what DYRL is, I just don't remember if I've heard to the song before.

I still haven't gotten around to actually watching DYRL too... I came into Macross officially only about a year ago (I've mentioned before elsewhere that I am indeed one of those Robotech transfers). I've only watched Macross Plus, Macross II (like most I didn't care for it), Macross Zero, and of course all of the Frontier episodes so far. As for SDF Macross itself, I've only really seen the Robotech version of it (yes I know, not as good as the original), and it's on my to do list for sometime in the future, find a way to see the original SDF Macross and DYRL.

Definitely an uploader mistake since it's the concert Sheryl version as well as the Sheryl version we hear during the city date part of Sheryl and Alto's date. Also why do people call Infinity a duet? All ranka does is sing along with the crowd and I can barely hear her most of the time and Sheryl/May'n dominates that track... just doesn't fit what I consider to be a duet... more like backing vocals!

Edited by Westlo

Definitely an uploader mistake since it's the concert Sheryl version as well as the Sheryl version we hear during the city date part of Sheryl and Alto's date. Also why do people call Infinity a duet? All ranka does is sing along with the crowd and I can barely hear her most of the time and Sheryl/May'n dominates that track... just doesn't fit what I consider to be a duet... more like backing vocals!

Actually, I think that the version that leaked is a purely May'n version. I think we know how different their voices sound like, and Megumi's voice, which shares a part in the TV version of Infinity, is definitely not in the leaked version.

You'd think so, wouldn't you?

But you'd be WRONG, Professor! Dead wrong!

For some reason your animated avatar timed perfectly while I was reading :lol:

You'd think so, wouldn't you? (pushes back spectacles)

But you'd be WRONG, Professor! Dead wrong! (raises fist)

FV

Install the language packs for your OS, that tends to fix many a problem... B))

Install the language packs for your OS, that tends to fix many a problem... B))

Well, once I find them I'll do that, probably available on the microsoft site (am using Vista on the computer I've been saving stuff too, I have another computer with XP though).

are there any news of Mac F videogames?

That would be cool. We also need a movie edition and/or OVA based on the Macross Frontier series. :D

Taksraven

That would be cool. We also need a movie edition and/or OVA based on the Macross Frontier series. :D

Taksraven

Yes, OVAs and a movie would be nice indeed. In addition, I'm hoping for short character specific clips like what they did with Macross 7 P*L*U*S, although I doubt "Howard the President" would be as interesting as "Miriya the President," maybe we can have an "Alto the Princess" instead.

A Frontier mecha combat game on either the PS3 or XBox 360, with mecha CG as close as possible to the TV series, would be the one game that would finally make me splash out and buy one of the next gen consoles.

At the moment, I'm still happy with my PS2 and see no need to change.

Graham