Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

Can someone grab me some good screen captures of the VF-25 Battroid mode cockpit, from either episode 2 or episode 7? I think there's a few good shots of Ozuma in the Battroid mode cockpit. I'm especially looking for the shots where you can see the white-like translucent edges of the cockpit's frame.

Can someone grab me some good screen captures of the VF-25 Battroid mode cockpit, from either episode 2 or episode 7? I think there's a few good shots of Ozuma in the Battroid mode cockpit. I'm especially looking for the shots where you can see the white-like translucent edges of the cockpit's frame.

Here you go Mr March, one Ozma Cockpit in battroid to go. That one shows the backside, and this from ep.7 shows the front side before he goes Itano Circus on the Vajra

Let me know if you want any more, I'm good for screens for any of the aired episodes, I know of some other good cockpit shots but those are some of the best there. I like making libraries of mecha screens just for the fun of it but I'm happy to help.

Edited by Master Dex

Here you go Mr March, one Ozma Cockpit in battroid to go. That one shows the backside, and this from ep.7 shows the front side before he goes Itano Circus on the Vajra

Let me know if you want any more, I'm good for screens for any of the aired episodes, I know of some other good cockpit shots but those are some of the best there. I like making libraries of mecha screens just for the fun of it but I'm happy to help.

Hmm, in the shot showing what's behind Ozma is that the canopy of the cockpit?

Also, does this indicate that the VF-25s do have the capability for a full panoramic cockpit like its predecessors?

Hmm, in the shot showing what's behind Ozma is that the canopy of the cockpit?

Also, does this indicate that the VF-25s do have the capability for a full panoramic cockpit like its predecessors?

Those are just buildings behind Ozma, that's from ep.2 right after he knifed the lobster. In actuality what is behind Ozma in battroid mode is actually the cockpit canopy as it ends up facing backward from the Valk in battroid mode (sort of the opposite of the VF-1 which is facing forward). I always assumes what they see through in battroid mode in front of them is a screen projected on the floor of the cockpit as their seats are rotated so they aren't sitting sideways.

Edit: Oh I see, you were just asking if it was the canopy, well I answered that anyway, it is.

Edited by Master Dex

Those are just buildings behind Ozma, that's from ep.2 right after he knifed the lobster. In actuality what is behind Ozma in battroid mode is actually the cockpit canopy as it ends up facing backward from the Valk in battroid mode (sort of the opposite of the VF-1 which is facing forward). I always assumes what they see through in battroid mode in front of them is a screen projected on the floor of the cockpit as their seats are rotated so they aren't sitting sideways.

Edit: Oh I see, you were just asking if it was the canopy, well I answered that anyway, it is.

Sorry, I'm probably forgetting to put a comma in that sentence.

But in any case, based on the pics, not only does the VF-25 have a wrap around panoramic display, but it possibly has the most complete one to date with the least number of obstructions blocking the pilots view.

In any case however, this conversation would be more fitting in the Mecha and Technology thread.

Edited by d3v

Regarding episode 12 -

第12話:ファステスト・デリバリー(Fastest Delivery)、2008.06.19

It is because Sheryl is holding a consolation concert that she is at Planet Galia 4(惑星ガリア4).

But due to she being ill, the concert had to be cancelled. This caused a huge riot.

I hope that's not the mysterious 'V-Infection' that Leon was talking about with Cathy...

:o

:wub: Thank you so much Master Dex. You're a good man. Thanks for offering more. I may hit you up for some more but this is great for now. Can you take screen captures of other Macross shows as well?

Regarding episode 12 -

第12話:ファステスト・デリバリー(Fastest Delivery)、2008.06.19

It is because Sheryl is holding a consolation concert that she is at Planet Galia 4(惑星ガリア4).

But due to she being ill, the concert had to be cancelled. This caused a huge riot.

I hope that's not the mysterious 'V-Infection' that Leon was talking about with Cathy...

:o

either that or maybe she got some fold sickness again

I just hope they don't go Cold Turkey on us and deny us next episode... :wacko::blink:

The broadcast schedule probably has something scheduled that week. Preempted programming happens a lot just like programming in other countries. Gundam 00 had a week off during New Years. Gives us a chance to relax and get caught up. :) This probably cements that the show is 25 episodes (26 is half a year). Think of the week off as a chance to do something else.

The broadcast schedule probably has something scheduled that week. Preempted programming happens a lot just like programming in other countries. Gundam 00 had a week off during New Years. Gives us a chance to relax and get caught up. :) This probably cements that the show is 25 episodes (26 is half a year). Think of the week off as a chance to do something else.

Or think of it as a week in which the animation studios working on the show have seven more days to make it look good.

Sucks that we get a one week break but I guess it gives me a chance to catch up some other Spring shows as well as get through some more backlog. Will be spending less time forum surfing with no episode that week lol...

Anyway I found the current top 50 Oricon chart singles for this year on www.jpopmusic.com, both Frontier singles are placed in the top 50.

42 *,*75,026 *12,630 Don't be late/Diamond Crevesse starring May'n 08/05/08

44 *,*72,024 **6,350 Triangler 08/04/23

Don't Be Late is still hanging around the 8-15 mark on the daily charts, guess it will finish up at around 90-95k while Triangler finishes at around 80k.

Megumi/Ranka Lee's Interstellar Flight single has quite a bit to live up to.

True. But the Interstellar Flight single, AIUI, will include Ai Oboeteimasuka?...which isn't popping up on the OST at all. So it's got that particular thing going in spades for it...

It does say Deculture edit though so I'm only expecting a tv size version of it, I'm betting the full lenght version will be on a 3rd or 4th OST that would be similar to Macross Plus For Fans Only. Interstellar Flight from what I've heard is the weakest of the singles.. but it has a lot of stuff coming with it, Neko Nikki (Cat Diary), DYRL, and My Boyfriend is a Pilot.

Talk about popularity polls...

June 2008 Newtype Monthly Ranking - Female Anime Character - The best 10 in popularity (人気ベスト10):

No. 1 = C.C. (Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2)

No. 2 = Karen Kouzuki "Kallen Stadtfeld" ( Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2)

No. 3 = Izumi Konata (Lucky Star)

No. 4 = Rei Ayanami (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

No. 5 = Nagisa Furukawa (Clannad)

No. 6 = Lacus Clyne (MS Gundam Seed)

No. 7 = Sumeragi Lee Noriega (Gundam 00)

No. 8 = Sheryl Nome (Macross Frontier)

No. 9 = Shana (Shakugan no Shana II)

No. 10 = Ranka Lee (Macross Fronter)

June 2008 NewType Monthly Ranking - Best 20 Anime:

No. 1 = Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion

No. 2 = Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2

No. 3 = Gundam 00

No. 4 = Macross Frontier

No. 5 = Neon Genesis Evangelion

No. 6 = Gintama

No. 7 = Lucky Star

No. 8 = Clannad

No. 9 = Gundam Seed

No. 10 = The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

No. 11 = Shakugan no Shana II

No. 12 = To Love-Ru

No. 13 = DCII SS ~Da Capo II Second Season~

No. 14 = Kure-nai

No. 15 = Gundam Seed Destiny

No. 16 = Detective Conan

No. 17 = Bleach

No. 18 = Shugokyara!

No. 19 = Cheese Sweet Home

No. 20 = Soul Eater

Yes, these are "What's popular NOW" polls. How things will do after the shows end, well.... :unsure:

:wub: Thank you so much Master Dex. You're a good man. Thanks for offering more. I may hit you up for some more but this is great for now. Can you take screen captures of other Macross shows as well?

Glad to help. As for screening other Macross shows, well I need to have them before I can screen them and that is the tricky part. This is especially true as I refuse personally to pay for a rapidshare account so the iMacross stuff doesn't do me a lot of good. I have all Frontier, and I am only holding Zero ep.1, but the rest of that is easier to get. I have a few other markers out there though I might be able to get other stuff from if you want something specific, but I'd need to know what you'd want to see if I could find an episode of good quality to screen. So if you want anything from like Macross 7 for example, I'd need to know where it is to find it, especially since I've never watched 7 so I wouldn't know much anyway.

I'll likely need more Frontier in the future and I had a few Macross Plus shots in mind as well. But don't trouble yourself on my account. I appreciate the help with Frontier and most of what I'll need will be from there. Btw, do you know how to use FTP? I could upload some Zero for ya.

I'll likely need more Frontier in the future and I had a few Macross Plus shots in mind as well. But don't trouble yourself on my account. I appreciate the help with Frontier and most of what I'll need will be from there. Btw, do you know how to use FTP? I could upload some Zero for ya.

FTP... the letters sound familiar but I'm drawing a blank, can you remind or tell me what that is? I think I can get the remainders of Zero, but your help may make it easier.

As for Plus, I have been looking into obtaining a copy of the movie version anyway (Plus I have already seen before, but not the movie edition) so I might be able to help you out in that department eventually.

Talk about popularity polls...

Yes, these are "What's popular NOW" polls. How things will do after the shows end, well.... :unsure:

While it pleases me to see that Macross Frontier is hanging in at a respectable 4th, and Gundam 00 is probably on the list because it's still fresh in people's minds, I'm a tad dismayed to see Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny on the list still, as they were probably some of the worst Gundam material Bandai has managed to crap out yet. And I'm really shocked to see Eva still on the list (at number five no less). I know it was trendy for the time, but people need to let it die already.

While it pleases me to see that Macross Frontier is hanging in at a respectable 4th, and Gundam 00 is probably on the list because it's still fresh in people's minds, I'm a tad dismayed to see Gundam SEED and Gundam SEED Destiny on the list still, as they were probably some of the worst Gundam material Bandai has managed to crap out yet. And I'm really shocked to see Eva still on the list (at number five no less). I know it was trendy for the time, but people need to let it die already.

There's them new EVA movies coming out to consider.

And Macross Frontier can only rise. Even in Australia, it's beginning to gain respectable ground.

What pains me about SEED Destiny, is that it was a great concept gone wrong after a great start. What a waste of designs, music and concept.

And I'm really shocked to see Eva still on the list (at number five no less). I know it was trendy for the time, but people need to let it die already.

I know! You'd think they were coming out with a new tetrology of movies or something!

And *ahem* at a forum for Macross, it's probably unwise to cast aspersions at people who like an older anime. Glass houses and all that...

Speaking of popularity polls. Someone at the Animesuki forums has posted a scan from the June issue of Animage with character polls.

a14051364a9687cea3cc2bfib7.th.jpg

Seems that the Princess and the Queen recieved the same amount of votes