Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

O.kay, it's been many many blue moons since I'v been here (computer took a dump on me, couldn't relly afford a new till recently).First I want to say it's good to see alot of familer faces ^_^ , even though I doubt any of them will remember me, but to the piont. 2 quick questions on Fronntier. 1, what the hell is the enemy? It looks like a fuggin beetleborg to me. and 2, So are the VF-19 and 22 outdated, and the new VF-25 top fighter now?

O.kay, it's been many many blue moons since I'v been here (computer took a dump on me, couldn't relly afford a new till recently).First I want to say it's good to see alot of familer faces ^_^ , even though I doubt any of them will remember me, but to the piont. 2 quick questions on Fronntier. 1, what the hell is the enemy? It looks like a fuggin beetleborg to me. and 2, So are the VF-19 and 22 outdated, and the new VF-25 top fighter now?

The enemy are known as the Vajra and by their markings it is speculated they have ties to some sort of PC remnant, but we still don't know for sure.

The VF-19 & 22 have not been mentioned in the series, but Kawamori has elected not to use them as the main front line fighter in this series as he said he didn't want to relegate "hero" fighters to CF status.

The VF-171 is a derivative of the VF-17 and is the CF fighter for this series. It was apparently adopted as the mainline fighter a year previously. The VF-25 is the latest generation of VF that is still in evaluation and combat testing by a civilian Paramilitary group known as the SMS who were contracted to test the fighters.

The newest kid on the block is the VF-27 an apparent new fighter in use by the Macross Galaxy fleet which is charting a somewhat parallel course to the galactic core to the Macross Frontier fleet.

UNSpacy is now the New UN Spacy and no reasons for this change have been revealed yet.

That is the down and dirty update. The rest of the details will have to be seen from the episodes that have been released so far.

The enemy are known as the Vajra and by their markings it is speculated they have ties to some sort of PC remnant, but we still don't know for sure.

The VF-19 & 22 have not been mentioned in the series, but Kawamori has elected not to use them as the main front line fighter in this series as he said he didn't want to relegate "hero" fighters to CF status.

The VF-171 is a derivative of the VF-17 and is the CF fighter for this series. It was apparently adopted as the mainline fighter a year previously. The VF-25 is the latest generation of VF that is still in evaluation and combat testing by a civilian Paramilitary group known as the SMS who were contracted to test the fighters.

The newest kid on the block is the VF-27 an apparent new fighter in use by the Macross Galaxy fleet which is charting a somewhat parallel course to the galactic core to the Macross Frontier fleet.

UNSpacy is now the New UN Spacy and no reasons for this change have been revealed yet.

That is the down and dirty update. The rest of the details will have to be seen from the episodes that have been released so far.

Thank you Zinjo. So far MF has not been a let down. I'v been enjoying it thus far. My only regret is how it will probly never be released in the states.

I still think a well done PC game would be even better. Graphics just as nice, assuming you've got a good enough PC, and I'd get to break out my underused flight stick and get more of an "in the cockpit" feel.

Man, I miss flight sims.

Unfortunately, PC gaming in Japan is seemingly limited to doujin soft and dating sims.

Maybe if we're lucky, they'll bring out a custom flight stick controller for wherever it comes out (if console, then PS3 please so importing is easy) where you can simply flip the throttle to vertical to transform into Gerwalk and Battroid modes.

Unfortunately, PC gaming in Japan is seemingly limited to doujin soft and dating sims.

Maybe if we're lucky, they'll bring out a custom flight stick controller for wherever it comes out (if console, then PS3 please so importing is easy) where you can simply flip the throttle to vertical to transform into Gerwalk and Battroid modes.

On that note, even though the Wii is region locked they tend to release 'adapters' for the Wii remote to connect to for different playability. So the same could be done.... however the Wii and Nunchuck combination can easily work for that situation so there wouldn't be much point, except maybe to add more buttons.

As for the region locked problem for the Wii I'm sure someone will find a way around in, like the Freeloader program for the Gamecube. Basically you insert the Freeloader disc into your American or non Japanese region coded Gamecube first, it tells you to then insert the other region game and it will play it fine, and you didn't have to modify the Gamecube at all. Granted you had to insert the freeloader disc everytime you played a game that was different region encoded, but you could do it is the point. I can imagine a similar program could be made for Wii, perhaps the company that made Freeloader can do it as well (I still have my GC Freeloader disc, I should find the manufacturer and see if they are planning this).

第11話:ミッシング・バースデー(Missing birthday)、2008.06.12

第12話:ファステスト・デリバリー(Fastest Delivery)、2008.06.19

第13話:トワイライト・プラネット(Twilight Planet)、2008.06.26

Ack! Where's episode 14? :) Just joking, thanks kresphy. I was hoping this next set of episode titles would tell us whether the 13 episode rumor from AnimeNewsNetwork was true or false. Guess we have to wait until next week to know for sure. Still, I'm pretty sure the impending DVD release means it's 26, but I was hoping for just a little extra assurance :)

Ack! Where's episode 14? :) Just joking, thanks kresphy. I was hoping this next set of episode titles would tell us whether the 13 episode rumor from AnimeNewsNetwork was true or false. Guess we have to wait until next week to know for sure. Still, I'm pretty sure the impending DVD release means it's 26, but I was hoping for just a little extra assurance :)

ANN rumor????

Thank you Zinjo. So far MF has not been a let down. I'v been enjoying it thus far. My only regret is how it will probly never be released in the states.

If Bandai Visual includes an English subtitle track on their Bluray Discs, they won't have to.

We'll be able to import them directly, since the BD format's region code has Japan and North America in the same region... :lol:

13 episodes???? no way.... I still have the crazy notion that Frontier will be 26 episodes and then a 2nd season, hahaha...don't know where I got that from

The eternal optimist Otaku in your head...

I have one too.... :p

If Bandai Visual includes an English subtitle track on their Bluray Discs, they won't have to.

We'll be able to import them directly, since the BD format's region code has Japan and North America in the same region... :lol:

It should get an English track considering we are in the same region code. It would be strange if there wasn't.

Blu-ray!? I was just barly able to get a computer, no blue ray for me for a looong time. I hoping on some english sub for Bandai visual R2 dvds, or maybe some fansubs. God just like the circle of life. New Macross series, empty wallet soon after.

13 episodes???? no way.... I still have the crazy notion that Frontier will be 26 episodes and then a 2nd season, hahaha...don't know where I got that from

Can you imagine that. Watching what you think is going to be the last episode ever and then finding out it is just a cliffhanger before season 2. Unlikely but it would be very cool.

Taksraven

25 or 26 episodes is a good and normal run. Beyond that, well, that's for the network execs to wager on if they want a second season. We'll know more about the episode count as we move on. But right now, we are looking at a 25 to 26 episode series.

Twilight Planet? Hmm... Hopefully we'll be able to see the Vajra planet at the 13th episode. In the original series, 13 was the one where the SDF got back to planet earth (the next episode was the Global's Report re-cap episode) while in M7, this was the one where the Protodeviln tried to get the City7 to fold to their planet. In comparison to those two, this series' plot is going along nicely. Thanks for the info krepshy! :D

25 or 26 episodes is a good and normal run. Beyond that, well, that's for the network execs to wager on if they want a second season. We'll know more about the episode count as we move on. But right now, we are looking at a 25 to 26 episode series.

Agreed. Only way I could think of 13 and then 13 more kinda like Black Lagoon is if there is a complete arc change which I don't forsee.

Wow... I love the title of episode 13. I believe it may become the turning point of the whole series plot...

Thx for the info. I just updated the Wikipedia Macross Frontier Page with those... ^_^

I tried to upload a clip of the song ninjin loves you yeah! to youtube cause I thought it was awesome... and immediately upon uploading it I got this warning.

BandaiChannel has claimed some or all visual content in your video Macross Frontier seven color carrot song マクロス F 七色人参のうた . This claim was made as part of the YouTube Content Identification program.

Isn't that interesting?

And yes... when I uploaded it, I didn't think to check the credits to find out the actual name of the song, which I did afterwords.

Edited by lord_breetai

I tried to upload a clip of the song ninjin loves you yeah! to youtube cause I thought it was awesome... and immediately upon uploading it I got this warning.

BandaiChannel has claimed some or all visual content in your video Macross Frontier seven color carrot song マクロス F 七色人参のうた . This claim was made as part of the YouTube Content Identification program.

Isn't that interesting?

And yes... when I uploaded it, I didn't think to check the credits to find out the actual name of the song, which I did afterwords.

Whoa... that was fast!!! I made a Macross Frontier AMV almost a month ago and I haven't been warned so far...

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=25915

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

Whoa... that was fast!!! I made a Macross Frontier AMV and I haven't been warned so far...

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=25915

SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Not that the bastards would be listening here (of course they aren't), but I find when I upload clips especially anything from Macross Frontier I don't label it as such generally. I am sure that when the series is over they probably won't be so picky.

Taksraven

Isn't that interesting?

Uhh, why are you surprised about that?

You do know that Bandai is one of the owners and is also one of the copyright-holders of Frontier, right?

Uhh, why are you surprised about that?

You do know that Bandai is one of the owners and is also one of the copyright-holders of Frontier, right?

As far as I knew they were just the grand sponsor and DVD distributor and Studio Nue/Big West still owned the actual IP. the fact that Bandai is the one that made the claim is making me wonder if they haven't maybe acquired the US rights now too.

As far as I knew they were just the grand sponsor and DVD distributor and Studio Nue/Big West still owned the actual IP. the fact that Bandai is the one that made the claim is making me wonder if they haven't maybe acquired the US rights now too.

To do that they'd have to pay HG for the "trademarks" and guaranteed old Agrama would make the price mighty steep...

If Bandai is planning on partnering with BigWest to challenge HG's trademark that's another matter. Also keep in mind that if they do go ahead and include an English sub track in the BD releases, then it's in Bandai's best interest to quash any content infringement as it will affect their merchandising here should such a plan become public knowledge that fans can buy the BD directly from Japan with English subs...

HG can't stop it no matter how much they cry... I suspect that is one of the reasons why NA was included in the BD region code. So Anime distributors in Japan could bypass the US distributors on the initial release of any show. Thus they could conceivably get their shows out on home video a year earlier in the North American markets.

Edited by Zinjo

To do that they'd have to pay HG for the "trademarks" and guaranteed old Agrama would make the price mighty steep...

HG can't stop it no matter how much they cry... I suspect that is one of the reasons why NA was included in the BD region code. So Anime distributors in Japan could bypass the US distributors on the initial release of any show. Thus they could conceivably get their shows out on home video a year earlier in the North American markets.

I am certainly aware of these facts, but as has been pointed out many times. All HG has trademarked is the word Macross and the RDF Kite, since the Spacy kite doesn't appear in MF, all that would have to happen to get an actual US release on the market would be changing the name.

It doesn't even have to be a drastic name change... like how some of the early Lupin III vhs tapes were either Tales of the Wolf or Rupan to avoid trouble with the estate of Maurice Leblanc, or how the one Harlock series got called Herlock to differentiate that it had a different creative team. If Bandai called the series Makurosu or McRoss or Macruss or anything to that effect, that would bypass HG's TM.

Well, you can wonder all you want, but it's really as simple as Bandai does not have to "acquire US rights" regarding Frontier to tell Youtube to disallow your upload.

Remember, unless you're living in japan right now, you are not even supposed to have that content you're trying to upload. Even if you're in japan right now, you're not supposed to upload it anywhere, anyway. :lol:

Well, you can wonder all you want, but it's really as simple as Bandai does not have to "acquire US rights" regarding Frontier to tell Youtube to disallow your upload.

Remember, unless you're living in japan right now, you are not even supposed to have that content you're trying to upload. Even if you're in japan right now, you're not supposed to upload it anywhere, anyway. :lol:

Maybe so... but I can still hope anyway. If it said "big west" or "studio nue" has made a copyright claim, then I would have not batted an eye... it's the fact that the video distributor/grand sponsor was making the claim that made me wonder. But I really don't know how much legal control they have over the series, anyway it'd be nice if they do have the rights.

It was also the first time I've ever seen Ytube block something as soon as it was uploaded, so that enough made it interesting for me. The only other time I got hit with a copyright claim on ytube was for a clip of one of the Sakura Taisen Kayou Show musicals... but most of the stuff I upload is either trailers (which usually get ignored) or original works (fan or otherwise) so I guess that's why.

That carrot song is just so awesome though.