Macross Frontier News Thread II *Read 1st post*

azrael

A Frontier mecha combat game on either the PS3 or XBox 360, with mecha CG as close as possible to the TV series, would be the one game that would finally make me splash out and buy one of the next gen consoles.

At the moment, I'm still happy with my PS2 and see no need to change.

Graham

The Eureka 7 games and Aquarion games left much to be desired.

If there's a Frontier game it better be awesome good.

A Frontier mecha combat game on either the PS3 or XBox 360, with mecha CG as close as possible to the TV series, would be the one game that would finally make me splash out and buy one of the next gen consoles.

Graham

I agree with you on the CG, but most likely if from Japan, it will be either PS3 or Wii as they are made by Japanese companies (Sony and Nintendo respectively), but Xbox 360 is from Microsoft. However to tell you the truth I think they could do well with a Wii game. Wii has done very well and its control innovations have made game play radically different and interesting. A system where you pilot a valkyrie with the Wiimote and Nunchuck as if they were the flight controls might be kind of cool. I've seen in the show transforming the VF seems to be done by toggling the throttle stick into either an upright or sideways position depending on what mode your going to, that motion with a button combination (so your not accidentally transforming when moving the controller sideways without noticing) would be be interesting I think. Granted any game on the PS3 will have the advantage of better graphics, so much like is the case with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed each version has it's high points, good graphics for PS3 and innovative but fun control system for Wii.

Now my reasoning for thinking of a good way to make a game for the Wii is a bit biased as I am indeed a Wii user. It totally rocks. ^_^

Edited by Master Dex

I agree with you on the CG, but most likely if from Japan, it will be either PS3 or Wii as they are made by Japanese companies (Son and Nintendo respectively), but Xbox 360 is from Microsoft. However to tell you the truth I think they could do well with a Wii game. Wii has done very well and its control innovations have made game play radically different and interesting. A system where you pilot a valkyrie with the Wiimote and Nunchuck as if they were the flight controls might be kind of cool. I've seen in the show transforming the VF seems to be done by toggling the throttle stick into either an upright or sideways position depending on what mode your going to, that motion with a button combination (so your not accidentally transforming when moving the controller sideways without noticing) would be be interesting I think. Granted any game on the PS3 will have the advantage of better graphics, so much like is the case with Star Wars: The Force Unleashed each version has it's high points, good graphics for PS3 and innovative but fun control system for Wii.

Now my reasoning for thinking of a good way to make a game for the Wii is a bit biased as I am indeed a Wii user. It totally rocks. ^_^

Personally, I'd love to see it on the PS3 using an upgraded (graphically) version of the engine used by AM2 for the PS2 SDFM game. Of course, I can be a bit biased since I have a PS3.

But a Wii game would be fine as well (I've got one too).

Like I said, there should be versions for both so everyone has something they can enjoy, and screen shots from the PS3 version can be used for non Playstation owners like me to goggle at, lol.

I agree with you on the CG, but most likely if from Japan, it will be either PS3 or Wii as they are made by Japanese companies

True, but the last Namco Ace Combat game came out on the XBox 360 and that's previosuly always been a Playstation exclusive title.

Graham

Chances of a MF game? Low.

Chances of seeing MF mecha in a multi-mech game like A.C.E? High.

I really don't see a specific game in MF's future except for in those multi-mecha games.

I really don't see a specific game in MF's future except for in those multi-mecha games.

What? No chance for Macross digital VFX-3 for PSP? :( :(

Actually, I think that the version that leaked is a purely May'n version. I think we know how different their voices sound like, and Megumi's voice, which shares a part in the TV version of Infinity, is definitely not in the leaked version.

I can't really hear Megumi's voice in the tv version but that's probably more because of the voices and sfx drowning it out more than her not being there. I'll give it another listen before while I download the raw for 8 tomorrow. And going by the updated ost tracklist you posted on your site the ost is May'n only.

Edited by Westlo

What the hell?!

クラン・クランです。私はミシェルの彼女です。

"Klan Klan here. I am Michelle's girlfriend."

That is bothering me. It bothers me whatever "size" you're looking at.

I'm seriously doubting the legitimacy of these blogs now.

I can't really hear Megumi's voice in the tv version but that's probably more because of the voices and sfx drowning it out more than her not being there. I'll give it another listen before while I download the raw for 8 tomorrow. And going by the updated ost tracklist you posted on your site the ost is May'n only.

While you're watching episode 7, there's a scene where the camera pans to Ranka and she's singing. Her voice is ... I should say, too plain for a song this energetic.

I posted this sample of the song, it's directly from the anime http://www.imeem.com/people/KNcJFgL/music/E2cT0HXn/infinity/. She sings at the 2:18 mark, with the lyrics, Tsuyoku tsuyoku itai de (not sure of the lyrics but it sounds like that). The rest have May'n in the lead.

The leak version sounds very different in that part. Yes, I just listened to both parts of the tv and leak versions, they are indeed different. Or if you just listen to the TV version, both refrains, and compare the quality of their voices. One of them is powerful (1:06 minutes), one is plainly cute (2:18 minutes), the former is May'n, the latter is Megumi.

Edited by mike_s_6

They have made games on series people wouldn't have thought of. I do forsee an A.C.E game though with MF for sure. Hopefully it will come to PS3 because then I can play it on my PS3 darn region locks on the other systems.

If I remember right though A.C.E. 3 is as it title said the Final ACE game. And look at it this way most japanese consoles and systems get atleast one Macross game. PC- a ton, Dreamcast - Macross M3, Playstation 1 - DYRL, Macross Plus, Macross VFX and Macross VFX2, Playstation 2- Macross, PS3-?

If I remember right though A.C.E. 3 is as it title said the Final ACE game. And look at it this way most japanese consoles and systems get atleast one Macross game. PC- a ton, Dreamcast - Macross M3, Playstation 1 - DYRL, Macross Plus, Macross VFX and Macross VFX2, Playstation 2- Macross, PS3-?

You forgot the Saturn. That's where the original DYRL was from before it got ported to the PS1.

Well, once I find them I'll do that, probably available on the microsoft site (am using Vista on the computer I've been saving stuff too, I have another computer with XP though).

It may be on the Vista install disc.

Graham

Yeah a Frontier game on the PS3 would certainly rock! HD graphics, 50GBs worth of space for developers to play with...

The Gundam game was definite eye candy...

You forgot the Saturn. That's where the original DYRL was from before it got ported to the PS1.

Yeah i was in a hurry. The odds are good if you ask me to get a new game either of frontier or a game that has Valkyries from several eras, jst look at the ratings and youtube if they are any indication they would be fools not to make another Macross game of some kind as the new series brings in more fans and more wallets.

Yeah a Frontier game on the PS3 would certainly rock! HD graphics, 50GBs worth of space for developers to play with...

The Gundam game was definite eye candy...

I still think a well done PC game would be even better. Graphics just as nice, assuming you've got a good enough PC, and I'd get to break out my underused flight stick and get more of an "in the cockpit" feel.

Man, I miss flight sims.

I still think a well done PC game would be even better. Graphics just as nice, assuming you've got a good enough PC, and I'd get to break out my underused flight stick and get more of an "in the cockpit" feel.

Man, I miss flight sims.

I hear ya brother... :(

I'd love to see a franchise game based on the Homeworld engine. A few mods have started, but too often they fizzle out... <_<

Man, I miss flight sims.

Ya me too, I still play lots of the last of the good games to come out. Independence War 2, Crimson Skies, Descent 3, Free Space 2... Actually you might want to look into that one if you don't already know about the FreeSpace 2 Source Code Project