Macross Frontier Episode 3 Talkback Thread *READ 1st Post*

azrael

Episode 3 Rating  

176 members have voted

1. 1. How was Epsiode 3 (Rating)

• Positive (Shelters are a great place to get to know girls)
    • Neutral/No Opinion
    • Negative (I don't like jailbait or the Britney-wannabe)

little thing that's bothering me

I don't know if it's the right translation, but someone mentioned that the doctor SMS redhead girl that seems to pilot the monster, when Ozma reports that the red bug is attacking, says that she's ready to launch but then SMS HQ says the president hasn't given permission, blah blah

anyway, how could she be ready to launch if she's not in uniform/flight suit, whatever??? just wondering

I'm trying to figure out how Ozma was and "incomplete pilot" as translated by the AiA group?

BTW Gubaba, I think I'll make a better avatar for you, that one looks a bit odd. Same thing, just a bit better, but it probably won't be done until probably Thursday at the latest...

Edited by Zinjo

I'm trying to figure out how Ozma was and "incomplete pilot" as translated by the AiA group?

BTW Gubaba, I think I'll make a better avatar for you, that one looks a bit odd. Same thing, just a bit better, but it probably won't be done until probably Thursday at the latest...

Thanks, I'd love to have it!

Still, I'm thinking that as soon as I move up from "Skull Leader's Lackey" to "Bridge Bunny," I'm going to change avatars anyway...I have a pic of Vanessa in sexy mode that's dying to be seen here.

Plus, no one has attacked me for my avatar and sig yet, but soon enough, I'm sure someone with no sense of irony will come along and verbally assault me, and i don't need the grief.

Being a Robotech apologist is fun, though...I may try it more often...

Still, I'm thinking that as soon as I move up from "Skull Leader's Lackey" to "Bridge Bunny," I'm going to change avatars anyway...I have a pic of Vanessa in sexy mode that's dying to be seen here.

Plus, no one has attacked me for my avatar and sig yet, but soon enough, I'm sure someone with no sense of irony will come along and verbally assault me, and i don't need the grief.

Well it won't be a vetran who regularly posts here, that's for sure... :p

I've found the AiA group to be the best. IMHO

I favor their subs as well. I would have loved to go with Shinsen, but there slow in releasing. Heck, there still stuck with episode 1.

Also Canaria is the doctor who tended to Ozma, right? Is she the Monster's pilot (I'm assuming she's also a member of SMS then)? Also is she Zentraedi? I distinctly recall a picture of her and K.K. wearing flight suits and headbands.

Let's just hope they've figured out a way to get it to walk without leaving "footprints" in the floor.

One of the coolest parts of Macross when it starts marching. A bit strange and surreal that it would do that to the floor but very cool.

Taksraven

One of the coolest parts of Macross when it starts marching. A bit strange and surreal that it would do that to the floor but very cool.

Taksraven

I'm also hoping they'd launch the VB-6 soon although I do wonder it it will be able to transform into battroid mode? In VFX 2 they had a VB-6 and it can transform into battroid mode. :-? Also I'm wondering what happened to the VF-19 since wasn't it supposed to be the next generation fighter after the VF-11? (Not that I don't like the VF-25 mind you :p)

I don't think it would take her long to get into a flight suit. And considering how big a VB-6 is, by the time they move it to the catapult, she'll probably be dress and ready to go.

She may be ground crew, or is there something like a "pit-boss" in these situations?

Ep1, after the pilots get their V-3 code, Ozma shouts "Canalia (sp?) we're coming!"

Ep3 early, still in reg clothes, she indicates the VB-6 is ready for launch.

Ep3 late, she seems to be in charge of keeping an eye on Ozma, talking to the doctors, calling the nurses after his wounds reopen.

She seems to be in charge, in some capacity.

She may be ground crew, or is there something like a "pit-boss" in these situations?

Ep1, after the pilots get their V-3 code, Ozma shouts "Canalia (sp?) we're coming!"

Ep3 early, still in reg clothes, she indicates the VB-6 is ready for launch.

Ep3 late, she seems to be in charge of keeping an eye on Ozma, talking to the doctors, calling the nurses after his wounds reopen.

She seems to be in charge, in some capacity.

She's the Monster's pilot and a lieutenant, part of Ozma's Skull Squadron. She's also trained as a medic and doctor, with a proper medical license.

The official Macross F website has been updated today, for everyone's information.

The official Macross F website has been updated today, for everyone's information.

I don't know how possible this is but can't the macross F website have an english page as well? Telling us it's updated in Japanese really doesn't help those of us who aren't fluent :)

I don't know how possible this is but can't the macross F website have an english page as well? Telling us it's updated in Japanese really doesn't help those of us who aren't fluent :)

Well, the translation tools that azrael has listed in the News Thread do a good enough job for small things like character summaries, in particular Nifty and Excite for ease of use. Google's own Language Tools isn't bad, either.

Well, the translation tools that azrael has listed in the News Thread do a good enough job for small things like character summaries, in particular Nifty and Excite for ease of use. Google's own Language Tools isn't bad, either.

Hehe, ok good point. I'll stop being lazy then :D

By the way, could any of you explain to me (via PM if you like) why Firefox doesn't show Japanese characters and shows generic characters instead? I've tried everything I can to fix this. :p Thanks.

Edited by MisaForever

I'm also hoping they'd launch the VB-6 soon although I do wonder it it will be able to transform into battroid mode? In VFX 2 they had a VB-6 and it can transform into battroid mode. :-? Also I'm wondering what happened to the VF-19 since wasn't it supposed to be the next generation fighter after the VF-11? (Not that I don't like the VF-25 mind you :p )

Welcome to the boards.

The VB-6 will be transformable since that is what it is designed to do, we just haven't seen it yet.

The VF-19 question has been answered in the Frontier mecha thread in this section.

B))

Edited by Zinjo

She's the Monster's pilot and a lieutenant, part of Ozma's Skull Squadron. She's also trained as a medic and doctor, with a proper medical license.

Well alrightee, then. Maybe I should stop randomly speculating and get some real work done...

Finally got to watch ep. 3, subbed. Very good episode.

I don't know if this has been brought up before -- I stayed away from this thread until now and I don't feel like perusing 20 pages to find out --, I thought the Soilent Green/Matrix-esque body recycling bit fascinating and creepy at the same time; that was an unexpected insight into the workings of what is essentially a closed loop system, and a very mature, thought provoking idea to be presented in a cartoon, even anime... bravo to the MF creative team.

Edited by mechaninac

It was mentioned, but not a nicely as you put it. I agree it was a great touch and makes absolutely perfect sense. This is a long-distance colonization fleet and they have to manage resources with an eye for as little waste as possible. Who knows how long it will be inbetween stops for natural resources like ice, metals and other elements to process for reactants to power their ships.

It was mentioned, but not a nicely as you put it. I agree it was a great touch and makes absolutely perfect sense. This is a long-distance colonization fleet and they have to manage resources with an eye for as little waste as possible. Who knows how long it will be inbetween stops for natural resources like ice, metals and other elements to process for reactants to power their ships.

I hadn't considered the tank would be used to create reactant...

It does make a lot of sense when explained that way...

I hadn't considered the tank would be used to create reactant...

It does make a lot of sense when explained that way...

Well, I don't think the tanks are specifically used to create reactant, but I was just saying the ships of the colony fleets have to recycle elements whenever they can becuase they've no idea when another source of natural resources is coming along on their voyage. Whether it's something as simple as looking for ice to acquire more water for organics, recycling the dead for nutrients in the soil or searching star systems for elements to be processed as reactant. The fleet has to be "Super-Green" :):lol:B))

Also Canaria is the doctor who tended to Ozma, right? Is she the Monster's pilot (I'm assuming she's also a member of SMS then)? Also is she Zentraedi? I distinctly recall a picture of her and K.K. wearing flight suits and headbands.

In the intro for a split second before seeing the bridge bunnies you see Canaria and KK in flights suits near the Monster. Its KK in that mature form though my girlfriend pointed out when we were watching this episode. I hadn't noticed because the screen is only on for a split second.

You mean this Vanessa? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Stu...r/Vanessa02.jpg

Finally got to watch ep. 3, subbed. Very good episode.

I don't know if this has been brought up before -- I stayed away from this thread until now and I don't feel like perusing 20 pages to find out --, I thought the Soilent Green/Matrix-esque body recycling bit fascinating and creepy at the same time; that was an unexpected insight into the workings of what is essentially a closed loop system, and a very mature, thought provoking idea to be presented in a cartoon, even anime... bravo to the MF creative team.

It's also pretty much an accelerated version of what happens here.

No one likes to think about it, but a few years after you die, your grave is just an arbitrary patch of dirt with some bones in it.

Unless you're cremated.

It's also pretty much an accelerated version of what happens here.

No one likes to think about it, but a few years after you die, your grave is just an arbitrary patch of dirt with some bones in it.

Unless you're cremated.

I figure its also the most efficient way to deal with things... nothing goes to waste. And when you're in space Land is a premium... I don't think they really want to dedicate a large pile of it to a cemitary... granted some people do get burried perhaps some are more lucky than others, or have a better life insurance package.

Oh and I too am excited for Ep04... only a few more hours to go.

After watching this episode for the ** times, something start to bother me.

When Michael is aiming for the red Vajra, he can see Alto behind it, he even get a lock on zoom on him, which mean Alto is dead behind the red Vajra from Michael position. This mean when Michael pull the shot, the bullet penetrated the Vajra head and should continue to hit the dome (killing Alto cs in the process).

I figure its also the most efficient way to deal with things... nothing goes to waste. And when you're in space Land is a premium... I don't think they really want to dedicate a large pile of it to a cemitary... granted some people do get burried perhaps some are more lucky than others, or have a better life insurance package.

Oh and I too am excited for Ep04... only a few more hours to go.

In Macross 7 Trash, there was a whole ship in the M7 fleet dedicated to being a cemetary. It's where the protagonist lived. Perhaps they valued the idea that everyone will make it to the final destination.

After watching this episode for the ** times, something start to bother me.

When Michael is aiming for the red Vajra, he can see Alto behind it, he even get a lock on zoom on him, which mean Alto is dead behind the red Vajra from Michael position. This mean when Michael pull the shot, the bullet penetrated the Vajra head and should continue to hit the dome (killing Alto cs in the process).

Well...the dome is circular for one...and 2ndly the angle that he was firing the vajra from .

But it is strange as Mickhail was crouched on a different axis from Alto and Ozma. He should be seeing them as if the image was rotated 90 degrees rather than the right side up.

The only thing that disappointed me about the episode, and it is a minor thing since it didn't go the way I expected, was when Michael fired his grappling hook on to the colony surface. I thought "Cool! He's going to use the tension of the wire against the colony to create a solid brace for him to snipe with while hanging in space." Instead he used it to get himself on the ship's surface.

Guess I can't complain too much since there most probably wouldn't be any gravity on the surface outside and he would have used the hooks to keep himself firmly planted on the surface.

Like I said, minor quibble.