Post in this thread if you think the VF-25 transforms too fast

omg

I understand this is the far future and there's been a huge amount of engineering changes. I think every aspect of the handling of a valkyrie has been upgraded nicely, from the new HUD system to the X-gear link up, but I can't get over how incredibly fast this thing turns from robot to plane. It doesn't switch, it SNAPS right into one form, and back.

I wish this weren't so because its design is slowly growing on me, like the VF-11s.

Also I hope we get to see more of it plain naked, no armor pack or super packs on. We are bordering Gundam terrain with the schoolboy theme and the charge knives.

I imagine the fact that there seems to be no requirement to keep things together during the whole transformation helps a bit.

I don't mind the speedy transformation so much as the "comes totally apart then snaps back together" aspect.

Sure it's justifiable from a technological advancement standpoint and all. It just doesn't appeal to me.

I imagine the fact that there seems to be no requirement to keep things together during the whole transformation helps a bit.

I don't mind the speedy transformation so much as the "comes totally apart then snaps back together" aspect.

Sure it's justifiable from a technological advancement standpoint and all. It just doesn't appeal to me.

Actually, JB0, the VF-25 doesn't come totally apart during the transformation. If you frame-by-frame the transformation sequence, you can see the swing bars that hold the front and rear fuselage together as well another piece that connects the mid-fuselage and legs to the front fuselage. The lighting makes them hard to see sometimes, but they are there. They're a bit easier to see in the second angle of the transformation sequence in the first episode.

I don't think the VF-25 transforms too fast, but had to pipe up. I thought the whole "It flies apart super-sentai like" thing was debunked 5 minutes after the Deculture Edition aired. I'm still not certain how people came to this conclusion, or why so many pointed to the electrical effect as their primary reasoning. As fast as the 25 transforms, the hinges and swing bars always seemed really apparent to me.

Just saying.

hmm...I don't see this whole 'too fast' trasnformation thing

on Zero the VF-0S transformed wickedly fast

as well as on DRYL, specially on the Max -vs- Millia scene

on Macross plus, the VF-11, YF-19 and YF-21 transformed very quickly too

Macross 7, Max's VF-22S trasnformed wickedly fast except for Basara, Gamlin and the VF-11 that were constantly shown voltron style transformation (rather annoying after a while)

infact, I rather feel when the VF-25 is on gerwalk and switches to fighter, the legs move to place too slow, like if they were extremely heavy

don't know, it's just me

I agree with Valkyrie Addict...Remember towards the end of DYRL (once the get into Bodolzaa's fortress) when Hikaru's Valk salutes Misa, turns, and then (PRESTO CHANGE-O!) suddenly, it's a fighter. Or the fight between Isamu and Guld in Mac+. Or almost any scene in Mac Zero. Heck, even in the SDF TV Series, there's that oft-reused shot of the Battroid going into an explosion and coming out a Gerwalk.

As far as I can tell, the only slowly transforming Valks are the Mac7 ones. And even then, it's only sometimes, in order to pad out the episode by reusing the same transformation footage over and over.

So, no, I'm not seeing how the VF-25 transforms too fast, either.

Edited by Gubaba

Check out these transformation times for the VF-1:

Min time from Fighter to GERWALK: automated, Approx 1.5s

Min time from GERWALK to Battroid: automated, under 2s

Standard time from Fighter to Battroid: automated, under 5s

Min time from Fighter to Battroid: manual, 0.9 s

(these are canon from a few years ago, BTW).

If the original transforms that fast, it's not really a stretch of the imagination if the VF-25 has shaved another few parts of a second off. Though, it does leave me scratching my head how manual is faster than automatic... one would think that it'd be the opposite.

Edited by sketchley

The scene that comes to my head is at the start of episode 2, right after Michael arrives. His valkyrie goes from GERWALK to battroid instantly, even the sound effect is something like snapping a twig or your fingers. That is not fast, that is instantaneous.

I have no problem with the transformation times. In fact, the VF-25 transformation should be faster. Not only is it more advanced, but as others have pointed out, that's one of the features of the new Valkyire (in addition to being the first Full Armor transformable Valkyrie).

The scene that comes to my head is at the start of episode 2, right after Michael arrives. His valkyrie goes from GERWALK to battroid instantly, even the sound effect is something like snapping a twig or your fingers. That is not fast, that is instantaneous.

Again, I don't think it's any faster than what we've seen previously.

It doesn't switch, it SNAPS right into one form, and back.

I wish this weren't so because its design is slowly growing on me, like the VF-11s.

I agree. Visually it is not as appealing or dramatic to see it do it so fast but in combat it makes a lot of sense.

When the sv51 transformed instantly in macross zero it didn't give you time to apreciate WTF just hapened. If people who had no idea the planes transformed saw that, they'd be confused. Whereas when you see roy tranform his vf-0 in slow motion in macross zero, people can understand what is happening at each step.

I'm a fan of slow transformations for introductions but like fast transformation during fights. Slow transformations just remind you that there is a step in between modes so it just feels right. Fast transformations fit the flow of the action in an intense fight. (ie when an ace is shooting down some missiles with the gunpod in battroid mode, then to escape quickly he/she transforms into fighter at high speed to avoid being hit. Stuff like that. A slow transformation means it would not be possible to use it as a move in the heat of a fight or just to look good: for example when dyson purposely dives to the ground in robot mode in macross plus, and the quickly goes into GERWALK mode at the last moment.. :D)

I think the speed of a transformation should just be a setting each pilot is allowed to decide for himself. If it makes you feel sick then they could slow it down a bit. :D But this is a show where you see Qrau darting away at sudden speed and changing direction instantly with no problem on the person inside it. So I'd imagine people would be used to instantaneous transformations by now. (but as I mentioned, slower ones make more sense for introductions so people understand what is going on. A bullet time effect should be applied for drama and to "focus" on that aspect of the mech at first and then after that go back to fast transformations imo. This way you get the best of both worlds: people understand what is happening, then get the exciting "just in time" moments they like from the speedy transformations)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

VF-25's hands are too small.

VF-25 sort of reminds me of the nirvash from eureka 7. The pointy feet (like the Qrau) and the skinny body give off that effect.

I just think that if the hands were squarish (not rounded like bubble hands, or delicate like the chicken hands) that it would meet a nice balance. Anyone think the Banpresto VF-1 hands are just right?

All they need to do is ensure the robot forearms are beefy (popeye the sailor man :D) so that when the toy is made it can easily fit inside it without making it delicate looking.

Yes, and the Valkyries should be able to talk, too. And have endearing and/or cool nicknames.

As I mentioned before in macross plus the only reason sharon apple went out of control was because the programmers cheated. Maybe in the future they solved all the hurdles and managed to get an AI that was useful and could act autonomously and learn and stuff? Only a matter of time before they create the army of transformable ghosts making valks and powered armor obsolete just like the destroid, reguld etc.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I have no problem with the transformation times. In fact, the VF-25 transformation should be faster. Not only is it more advanced, but as others have pointed out, that's one of the features of the new Valkyire (in addition to being the first Full Armor transformable Valkyrie).

Hey I just realized that before Ozma's bad ass unit, the only way for a VF to have such firepower was to be using something like a GBP armor system similar to the ones used in Macross Zero by Roy and Hikaru in SDFM. IIRC that system required the VF to be in batrroid mode all the time, it cold never transform while encased in the armor. :ph34r:

Anyways.......... on the topic of transformation speed, I think its still the same, although I haven't seen episode 2 yet. But in all in all it doesn't bother me that much. B))

The skinny hands look funny when using GBP that's all mr march. You've seen it yourself with the yamato gbp.

Just a little bit bigger/beefier makes all the difference. Gunpods are really long. Bigger hand = better grip.

Small hands!! SMALL HANDS!!! SMALL HANDS!!!