1/48 VF-1J Hikaru Cockpit Resculpt

Graham

Hey graham, you are still sober after all that alcohol? :lol::p

Anyways thanks for the awesome pictures!!!

Im contemplating wether to get the VF-1J by itself or the VF-1J with Fps cos ultimately im waiting for yamato to do a 1/48 GPB for this baby. Guys your opinions please?

Cheers

Edited by recon

In the words of a very wise man: Now THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKIN' 'BOUT!

Awesome! Pilot looks sweet. Might have to consider some takatoys stickers though. By the way Graham, are there any pic of the VF-1J w/FAST Packs? I assume that is the VF-1J only box in your last pic.

A 1/48 GPB armor!!!

Graham could you do us a favor by posing a question to Yamato, will the 1/48 GPB armor be a separate addon or will it be packaged like the 1/60 together with the VF-1J?

Cheers

I don't think it says it is a GBP armor for the 1/48 but rather for the 1/60 my friend...

Hey graham, you are still sober after all that alcohol? :lol::p

Im contemplating wether to get the VF-1J by itself or the VF-1J with Fps cos ultimately im waiting for yamato to do a 1/48 GPB for this baby. Guys your opinions please?

Cheers

Sorry to put sand in your lubricant recon....but that is the prototype for the 1/60.

Nice. I think I'm gonna pass on the Hikaru 1J and wait for Max or Milia (or hopefully Low Viz!) but I'll be getting that 1/60 GBP for sure. Hope they'll do it seperate and w/o the 1J but if not, I can probably live with it. GBP!

I think the unpainted GPB proves to the doubters that the shoulders are part of the armor and not the valkyrie as the valkyrie IS painted in that pic whiel the armor is not. :)

A 1/48 GPB armor!!!

Graham could you do us a favor by posing a question to Yamato, will the 1/48 GPB armor be a separate addon or will it be packaged like the 1/60 together with the VF-1J?

Cheers

I don't think it says it is a GBP armor for the 1/48 but rather for the 1/60 my friend...

Yes i know Montarvillios, excitement got the better of me when i saw the VF-1J clad in GPB armor, but turned to disappointment when saw the small print beside it stating 1/60. <_< :(

Cheers

Maybe we will see a 1/48 GPB for the VF-1J or VF-1S in the future provided the 1/60 GPB VF-1J sales are good enough for yamato to warrant a GPB design for the 1/48 series. Anyways i will be getting the 1/60 GPB for sure.

Cheers

If we all show our full support in all the Yamato Macross line, then the sky's the limit for them.

Nods nods, yes cos they are the only ones who pays attention to us macross lovers, hope there wun be any QC problems with the 1/48 VF-1J release or 1/60 GPB release in the future.

Boy hefty months in november and december for my wallet and credit card, 1/48 VF-1S Roy, 1/48 VF-1S Hikaru, 1/48 Fps and 1/48 VF-1J

:huh::blink::unsure:

Cheers

Hmmm...if the shoulders are part of the armor itself, then this armor will look strange on any of the other valks except the 1J's. All the other valks have that black pattern with the yellow/blue/red arrow on their shoulders. No biggie though...looks best on the Hikaru 1J anyway.

A 1/48 GPB armor!!!

Cheers

Yes i know Montarvillios, excitement got the better of me when i saw the VF-1J clad in GPB armor, but turned to disappointment when saw the small print beside it stating 1/60. <_<:(

Cheers

I want it to happen sooo much too.

Don't worry bud, my vision got blurry too when I saw the pic.

Suh-weeet. Did anyone else notice that the pics of this in Gerwalk mode show it with the DYRL-style hands? I wonder if that was just for this shoot, or if it can serve as confirmation that this will indeed come with both hand-styles.

Looks like I'll have to get one last 1/48th VF-1, but yeah I still wish the cockpit resculpt was more complete. Seems more like a hybrid of the tv and DYRL? cockpits.

And although it does clearly say that GBP set is for the 1/60 line, I do hope that Yamato eventually releases a GBP set for the 1/48th line. (But a 1/48th VF-4 has priority!)

Hey is the flight stick molded to the pilots hand or is it a seperate peice?

after looking at the dyrl cockpit and the vf-1j, looks like the only difference is the head rest on the 1j is more curved to fit the head and it also looks like the center stick is molded to the pilot. other than that, the cockpit is pretty much the same.

Hmmmm........very sweeeet :D , so when will it be release, I mean anyone know the exact date?

Just sold my 1/48 VF1-A Hikaru for this one and I think it is well worth it. Now just waiting on those decals I ordered recently from anasazi37.