1/48 VF-1J Hikaru Cockpit Resculpt

Graham

Hmmmm........very sweeeet :D , so when will it be release, I mean anyone know the exact date?

Just sold my 1/48 VF1-A Hikaru for this one and I think it is well worth it. Now just waiting on those decals I ordered recently from anasazi37.

Damn, that's what I'm trying to do...sell my VF-1A 1/48 Yammie. Gotta make room for my new VF-1J with FAST Packs :)

Has the cockpit been resculpted to make it shorter? Cuz i know many were clompaining it was too long.

No, the cockpit has not been made shorter.

That's the first I've heard about people complaining it was too long.

Graham

I think he ment the nose, as the Yamato is quite a deal more endowed than most other valks.

Has the cockpit been resculpted to make it shorter? Cuz i know many were clompaining it was too long.

Graham

I think he ment the nose, as the Yamato is quite a deal more endowed than most other valks.

LOL....Yamato 1/48, the John Holmes of Valkyries :lol:

Graham

Graham

LOL....Yamato 1/48, the John Holmes of Valkyries :lol:

Graham

I dunno, the 1/60's nosecone is about the same length, but overly thin instead of overly thick. Both are longer than the Bandai 1/55ths, and that poor, poor VF-11...even it's FAST packs don't make up for it's shortcomings....

I chalk that perception up to fans with "Chunky Monkey Syndrome." ;)

Edited by Draykov

Hmm, I'm really not seeing the differences in the cockpit....

Agreed, it still has the DYRL cockpit design instead of the TV cockpit design. You can easily see that the pilot figure left hand is positione to grip the top of the throttle and not the side. The two side throttle and flight sticks should have been removed for a TV designed cockpit as well as the cockpit monitor. Where are those quality control guys . :o:huh:

I thought that the VF-1 used a side console mounted control stick, not a central mounted control stick??

The TV cockpit has a centrally mounted joystick for fighter mode, located between the pilots's legs and a throttle on the left side of the cockpit. For Battroid & Gerwalk modes, there are also two separate controllers for operating the arms/hands, located just below the left and right bottom edge of the instrument panel.

The DYRL cockpit uses two sidestick controllers only, located at the left and right side of the cockpit. the right controller functions as the joystick/right arm control. The left stick functions as the throttle/left arm control. Both sticks also have many buttons for contolling various functions such as weapons, radar etc.

Graham