Strike A Pose

Mmm, quote me on THIS :-)

15.jpg

I just shot a couple more pix of my CM's in my room... very hasty setup. I used a laminated board on a stool and a propped-up artboard for background. The uneveness was cleaned up later in Photoshop.

Anyway, I've made some more mods to the hands. The easy one is slicing open the 'grip fists' so that they can be used to carry other objects, such as the AT mine that came with Microman Chirico...

16.jpg

The modified fists also means that Ley can grip his beam gun much more convincingly.

And YES, Stick is balancing without a stand in this shot.

17.jpg

A closer look at Ley... I really, REALLY like CM's proper execution of his integrated beam gun. :-)

18.jpg

A closer look at Stick on the lam. Of course it isn't practical to pose him like that all the time, but isn't it cool that a diecast 'PT' toy has joints that can do the trick if required?

I am SO fired up for CM's Blowsuperior and Houquet types!

Edited by drifand

GREAT POSES!!! THANKS!!! I must say that I am fired up myself about the release of Yellow by MH and the future release of Hoquett by MH. Keep the AWESOME pics comin!

:ph34r:

You guys (by you guys I mean the ones that ARE NOT posting) are slacking with your Mospeadaish poses! COME ON!!! WE WANT POSES!!! WE WANT POSES!!! WE WANT POSES!!!

That's why I made a commitment!

If I don't deliver, the angry Macrossworld masses will stone me to death :lol:

We will!!! :angry::lol::lol::lol: Sooooo......it's tonight.....and it's 9:30PM MTN Time....WERE ARE THE PICS!!! LMAO!!! SLACKER!!!!

Where you at Ignacio?!? ;) Had a few moments to get a sweet pose out of the TREAD. I love how light it is for being so big. It makes it soooooo much easier to get a good pose. I like the last pic. It's very "Superheroesk". ENJOY!!!

Backup1.jpg

Backup2.jpg

Backup3.jpg

SuperheroDuo.jpg

Some more!!

You got me ooooooin and aaaahhhhhhing here mate. VERY NICE job on all the poses. I must retaliate tonight and see if I can produce some more sweet poses. GREAT JOB!!!

Where you at Ignacio?!? ;) Had a few moments to get a sweet pose out of the TREAD. I love how light it is for being so big. It makes it soooooo much easier to get a good pose. I like the last pic. It's very "Superheroesk". ENJOY!!!

Now your taking dude! great angles and poses!

Now your taking dude! great angles and poses!

THANKS!!! I'm glad that you like them!!! I want to see some more poses of your RA's PLEASE!!!

Oldies but goodies...

HELL YEAH BROTHER!!! Those old skool Gakkens are BAD A$$!!! One day I will own one.

here are my green legioss pics.. not much poses but hope you guys like it.

heehee

HELL YEAH we like them!!! At least I do! My favorite is the Legioss delivering the front kick to the TREAD. That Legioss can kick as high as I can.....I'm impressed. Keep the cool shots coming mate.

HELL YEAH we like them!!! At least I do! My favorite is the Legioss delivering the front kick to the TREAD. That Legioss can kick as high as I can.....I'm impressed. Keep the cool shots coming mate.

wow you learn Takaekwando or something ?

i am impressed!! heehee

wow you learn Takaekwando or something ?

i am impressed!! heehee

Yeah....I currently hold a black belt in Taekwondo and hold the 2007 state champion of colorado records for sparring and weapons in my division. I got out of it almost a year ago because my instructor is a bad person and I did not want to associate myself with him or his school. I will be joining another school up the road run by a world champ once I feel like I am ready again.

Yeah....I currently hold a black belt in Taekwondo and hold the 2007 state champion of colorado records for sparring and weapons in my division. I got out of it almost a year ago because my instructor is a bad person and I did not want to associate myself with him or his school. I will be joining another school up the road run by a world champ once I feel like I am ready again.

wow.. okie.. side track already.. back to topic... hahahaha

Excellent job, Ignacio! You made really good use of the Gakken's hip joints! :-)

In some areas I find the 1/35 Gakken more possable than the 1/55 VF-1 Takatoku!!

I'm totally addicted to the CM's set but the Gakken Legioss is a classic B))

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

misterryno, all your great poses using the flexistands make me want to get a pair right now. Guess it's time to join the flexi revolution :lol:

It's almost a must! The stands are sooooooo bad a$$! I totally wanna get some more but then if I do that mean I will need to buy more collectibles and then I would be murdered by my fiancee :( .

OK, here's a quickie with my Gakken 1/35s. I've got no flexistands, so I had to make do with the Bandai MS Base, using 2 arms for each jet and Photoshoping them out later:

01.jpg

I guess the biggest difference with the new CM's has to be the larger chest intakes on the Gakkens. My trio of 1/35s are OLD and have gotten very brittle. On the green and blue jets, I've had to repair the shoulder joints. In fact, the green one is just hanging on by a thread. I'll probably have to scratch build a new joint soon, but them's the breaks for vintage toys.

02.jpg

All 3 modes: I gotta say, I like the Gakken's Armo Diver (Gerwalk) the least. It's darn difficult to find the right number of 'clicks' on the hips and knees to give it a good balance, much less a fun pose.

03.jpg

For the Armo Soldier, the real problem is in the way the arms are designed. Since the fists cannot be rotated, good action poses with the rifle are not so easy to achieve. I find that the toy tends to do better with 'macho two-fisted' postures.

04.jpg

Proportions just didn't work out for a genuine kneeling pose, the right knee is actually off the ground. Like the TT 1/55, this 'chunky monkey' is still plenty of fun to transform and play, but it's good to see the design updated by CM's. In my heart, though, I still wished Aoshima hadn't screwed up so badly... that would've been my preferred 'modern Legioss'. Ah well... :-)

Edited by drifand

drifand,

GREAT POSES AND COMMENTARY!!! THANKS for those!!! Who loves the chunky?!? I LOVE THE CHUNKY!!!

Some more of the Bandai stands, Oh also with some of my mospeada stuff. :rolleyes:

VERY NICE!!! That's a cool pose you did with the MH Ride Armor. I like those bandai stands. I keep forgetting to order some.

Just for fun... here's what the first shot looked like with the stands in place:

Nice!

You people continue with your fancy shmancy action poses. I'll just lie down...

post-2996-1209719231_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1209719272_thumb.jpg

And peacefully share views about Schopenhauer and Kierkegaard

post-2996-1209719396_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1209719356_thumb.jpg

Ok, here's one them action thinggies.

post-2996-1209719428_thumb.jpg

Edited by Twoducks