Strike A Pose

OK, here's more 1/18 action with Stick and Le... um, Shogo! :D

01.jpg

Since Ley's VR-52T is rather lacking in firepower, Shogo has volunteered to add some punch in the form of Microaction Chirico's AT Bazooka.

02.jpg

As Stick hands over the bazooka, you can see the custom peg I added to the front of the shoulder-rest, which can plug into the slot on the back of the CM's Mospeada.

03.jpg

Stick quickly switches over to Ride Armor mode to lend assistance to the test firing... (Can the MH do this?)

04.jpg

Shogo: "Ready?"

Stick: "Good to go!"

05.jpg

Guess what? The 'useless' seat plug on the CM's is actually pretty useful... it helps to hold the rider in position for 'hands-free' poses like this one! Shogo takes the shot and Stick records the telemetry with his pop-up scope.

06.jpg

High five! Target drone destroyed... let's head back to base.

07.jpg

Stick and Shogo arrive at the 118th's forward arming base... and spot some 'irregularities' right away. Can you spot them? :-)

08.jpg

As the Scopedog goes to Down Form, we can see that Chirico has borrowed Shogo's civvies for a night's off in town and had just checked in. Two other Armored Troopers have just joined the company: The distinctively 'Mandalorian' chap is handling the striped-down Machine Robo BH-07 Battle Riser, grasping a 'Hargan beam rifle' in place while his generic 3-3/4" headed buddy helps to load the ammo.

09.jpg

Shogo, of course is much more concerned with what Ypsilon has done to HIS ride. Seems the Proto Garland has gained a custom bracket on its right leg to hold the beam rifle!

10.jpg

Everyone gathers round as Ypsilon fires up the Proto Garland for a demonstration of 'non anime magic' weapon wielding.

11.jpg

The 118th troopers look on expectantly... (this pic has been replaced)

12.jpg

The Proto Garland quickly rises to full height...

13.jpg

... AND DRAWS HIS RIFLE!

14.jpg

Yes! The 118th is ready for action.

THE END.

Edited by drifand

I forgot to ask on my last post. What exactly is a Volks??? I would like to obtain some of those hands.

:ph34r:

Ah. Volks is a store over here. Oh, bugger. I was extending the legs of my Gakken (ala that Japanese custom) and I accidentally glued the helmet to the head. Just HOW I managed to do this I have no idea.

Now it won't open AND I can't get the head apart. Oh, well, Not the end of the world. never liked that face sculpt anyway.

Edited by Alex

I"m Still in love with my L&T.

My fav pic :D

100_1387.jpg

You've had them since 02/10/2006 and you haven't shared any pics untill now!!! You bastard :lol::p Seriously noe, awesome pics.

The following two pics are for mature audiences:

post-2996-1208770070_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1208769987_thumb.jpg

Now we know where superdeformed alphas come from.

Finally uploading these again:

post-2996-1208770164_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1208770208_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1208770251_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1208770289_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1208770387_thumb.jpg

post-2996-1208770463_thumb.jpg

Edited by Twoducks

We're all darn lucky Bandai makes all these display stands... I've bought 2 gray and 2 white large bases, plus a black one of the smaller type like TwoDucks'. Too bad the peg supplied for the smaller ones don't attach securely to the larger bases... kinda like the CM's L-T link-up situation. :-P

Do i need my MH to do this?

Isn't that a personal question? No, the MH can't quite pull off what that CMs is doing. I'm sure we can find some poses the MH can do that the CM can't handle though... maybe that's a fun challenge to throw out.

Thanks for the MH pick. The request was not intended to be a show across the bow.

My Stick MH is with my household goods. I thought it would be funny to post a picture of an empty display case and the room of boxes. In the end just a dumb idea. :blink::huh:

Twoducks,

GREAT PICS!!! THANKS!!! :lol:

The sodimizing pics scare me :unsure:

I dig the bandai stands. I need to pic a couple of those up.

By popular request ^_^

(ps: is standing on its own)

GREAT POSE Mate!!! Neener neener neener :p To all those who like to dis the MH. That pose is the BOMB!!! On both the CM and MH of course...But I do looooovvvveeee the MH.

Good effort Gilermo. How'd you get the wheels to stay up? Any chance it'd work with the wheels pointed outward?

You know what sucks? I tried to take up the Drifand Challenge with my MH Rey, and failed most heinously. Un-modded, mine would just about do it, but the swing bars weren't quite tight enough to hold the wheels up... everything else worked out great. So inspired, I started modifying, and this ate up the better part of my Sunday evening. I did find out a few interesting things though:

1) 3/16" rubber electrical shrinkwrap works great on all of the MH ball pivots and leg joints to provide them with a little bit more friction/resistance.

2) The plastic that the MH pivots are made from, while plenty durable, don't like even gentle heating, and deform readily :lol:

3) The waist-to-pelvis balljoint is too weak to stand up to the additional friction provided by building up or shimming to increase its tightness. Broke the bugger.

4) A piece of 1/8" brass rod, epoxied in place, makes for a much better torso connector than the factory ball joint did.

I'm still plugging away on mine, and want to make some more mods to some of the joints, but so far so good. The leg joints and swingbars are now really stout, and I think that replacing the torso pivots will result in a far more posable and balanceable toy. I'll update when finished.

Edited by Hiriyu

That's right, folks – have FUN with your toys.

That's what they're for! Alot of peeps tend to forget that.

Zero XX Gene love. OR "How I learned to stop worrying and love Minmay`s little white dragon".

:lol::lol::lol: I love it. I am finally finished with the rider of my Gakken. I don't know if I am going to mess with the bike though.

eyesonme78,

I am sure none of us mind at all. I know that I LOVE to see the poses that people can throw out there with their Mospeada collections. THANKS for contributing. The Green Charging Knight looks BAD A$$!

Heres a few of my freshly painted Gakken. I am thinking of doing the bike but I just am not sure when...if I deceide to. I like the more camo green for the rider armor and I mixed some testers red and flat black and the color that came out was damn near identical to that already on the arms. Anywho....ENJOY!!!

Gakken7.jpg

Gakken8.jpg

Gakken9.jpg

Gakken10.jpg

Gakken11.jpg

Gakken12.jpg

Gakken13.jpg

THANKS!!! ^_^

That last pic is my fav!

Nice work there, man. You should go for the leg extension like I did. Still got LOADS to do on it tho. I havn`t really touched the bike. But it`s going to be quite nice when finished. I hope.

Oh, yeeeeeah. My Gakken took a tumble off the top most shelf of my case. The visor has a crack running half the length from the bottom. BATTLE DAMAGE!!!!!

BTW.......did you paint your visor black opaque or transluscent? I can't quite tell.

post-3271-1208929330_thumb.jpg

post-3271-1208929337_thumb.jpg

Edited by Alex

Nice work there, man. You should go for the leg extension like I did. Still got LOADS to do on it tho. I havn`t really touched the bike. But it`s going to be quite nice when finished. I hope.

Oh, yeeeeeah. My Gakken took a tumble off the top most shelf of my case. The visor has a crack running half the length from the bottom. BATTLE DAMAGE!!!!!

BTW.......did you paint your visor black opaque or transluscent? I can't quite tell.

your gakken really wows me man!!

I would like to do some more work but I really am not sure how to do some things and don't quite trust myself. I bet the battle damage looks hella cool :D . For my visor I used Krylon fusion ultra flat black. You cannot see through it whatsoever but that is okay with me. If you have some tips for me I will gladly accept them. Can you PM them to me PLEASE? BTW...I relly dig the hands and the color of the legs and forearms on your Gakken.

Some quick pics. Let it be known that any lighting aside from natural sunlight is mysterious and foreign to me. :p

:lol: ....I like them Eriku!!! GIVE ME MORE! BTW-----I approve of your flying Ninja sort of pose ^_^