Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

yeah, but it doesn't have the bonus of being non-transformable!

Just imagine how just AMAZINGLY AWESOME they could be. The look...the detail...everything sturdy in place...the poses...OMG...I just had an accident :blink: ... :huh: ... :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

crasis,

do you like the scan mate???

EDIT: Ack! I thought I posted this already! I just realized I had another open browser on my computer with a reply still half written. :unsure: I'm all kinds of tired today.

Sweet! I definitely appreciate the scans! You rock, sir! B))

EDIT: Ack! I thought I posted this already! I just realized I had another open browser on my computer with a reply still half written. :unsure: I'm all kinds of tired today.

Sweet! I definitely appreciate the scans! You rock, sir! B))

LOL....I do that all the time.....No worries mate.....I am glad I was able to sneak in doing those scans while at work....Ninja style

got my MH ride armors yesterday and i'm stoked!

while they're a bit flimsy and parts were falling off(better than breaking off) during the transformation process, these are pretty frickin cool.

my gripes are the stupid purple visor on the helmet(someone please cast these in blue) and the headlight part not locking in correct in armor mode. i know theres a little nub there and you can sort of make it lock into place but its off by a milimeter or so. its kind of lame that it can't stand on its own and it doesn't help that the stand itself is pretty useless.

whatever the case they were totally worth the money IMO.

got my MH ride armors yesterday and i'm stoked!

while they're a bit flimsy and parts were falling off(better than breaking off) during the transformation process, these are pretty frickin cool.

my gripes are the stupid purple visor on the helmet(someone please cast these in blue) and the headlight part not locking in correct in armor mode. i know theres a little nub there and you can sort of make it lock into place but its off by a milimeter or so. its kind of lame that it can't stand on its own and it doesn't help that the stand itself is pretty useless.

whatever the case they were totally worth the money IMO.

I am considering making it so that my visors do not open and painting them black like the prototype pics from before. Are you pressing the headlight up in the right direction? It took me a minute or 2 to get it right. And I must say about the worth the money part....INDEED ^_^ I can't wait for the rest of the figs to come out.

I am considering making it so that my visors do not open and painting them black like the prototype pics from before. Are you pressing the headlight up in the right direction? It took me a minute or 2 to get it right. And I must say about the worth the money part....INDEED ^_^ I can't wait for the rest of the figs to come out.

its not the headlight but rather how the headlight assembly locks(or how it doesn't lock) into place in armor mode.

theres a lot of parts swapping but i'm totally picking up the other figs when they come out.

no decals for rey sucks but you get the saddlebags, you don't get the saddle bags with stick but he comes tampo printed to death. it looks like they're evenomg out the costs for the "bonus" for each release, i wonder how they're going to do the other releases?

its not the headlight but rather how the headlight assembly locks(or how it doesn't lock) into place in armor mode.

theres a lot of parts swapping but i'm totally picking up the other figs when they come out.

no decals for rey sucks but you get the saddlebags, you don't get the saddle bags with stick but he comes tampo printed to death. it looks like they're evenomg out the costs for the "bonus" for each release, i wonder how they're going to do the other releases?

Hmmm....well then....sorry that your headlight assembly does'nt lock....that sucks :(

I did'nt get any decals either. In fact I don't care if I do get any unless they are waterslide or any at all if they tampo print more on the rest of the figs.

Still waiting for my stick from maybang :angry:

But my gakken cyclone arrived today :lol: bought it off ebay from some Italian dude voor about 65 bucks..

It has amazingly tight joints stickers unaplied as if it just came out of the box.

Never had such a good one.

I got my gakken, i am getting the rest of the MH and the beagle versions, maybe the toynami versions to, then my ride armor hunger is finaly satisfied (after 15 years) :ph34r:

Still waiting for my stick from maybang :angry:

But my gakken cyclone arrived today :lol: bought it off ebay from some Italian dude voor about 65 bucks..

It has amazingly tight joints stickers unaplied as if it just came out of the box.

Never had such a good one.

I got my gakken, i am getting the rest of the MH and the beagle versions, maybe the toynami versions to, then my ride armor hunger is finaly satisfied (after 15 years) :ph34r:

NO F*IN WAY!!! You got a Gakken (1/8 I assume) Ride Armor for 65 bones. THAT IS AN AWESOME DEAL!!! If you come across another deal like that PLEASE PM me! Congrats my man. I am expecting to see some pics in the new "Strike A Pose" Mospeada Version.

A little treat for those of you considering to buy or have already purchased Megahouse's Ride Armor toy:

And for those of you lucky enough to own a Gakken or skilled enough to make a Imai kit:

Enjoy!

:D THANKS for those!!!

I have decide to sell my MH set. It's listed on ebay. Link in sig.

Stick was opened and transformed once. Rey is still MISB.

The MH is a fine sculpt. I just wish the scale was larger.

Anywho, I am going to sell mine and wait to see how the beagle looks.

NO F*IN WAY!!! You got a Gakken (1/8 I assume) Ride Armor for 65 bones. THAT IS AN AWESOME DEAL!!! If you come across another deal like that PLEASE PM me! Congrats my man. I am expecting to see some pics in the new "Strike A Pose" Mospeada Version.

I consider myself extremely lucky, I think it is the fact that it had to be shipped from Europe, not many Americans want to take that chance.

I live in Europe so no problem for me shipping was about 15 bucks.

The show hardly aired here, only in england and france.

I Had to watch Superchannel (an an englisch channel) this was pretty expenceive back then so hardly any Dutch youth saw the show.

Consider myself lunky again :)

I possed some picks in the stike-a-pose mospeada version...

cyclone07.jpg

Edited by gilermo

I put my broken mospeada + garland+siant saiya+gakken cyclone box stuff up for trade

In the for sale/trade section :ph34r:

-Mpc brooke

Stickers applied, hand broken

-Mpc Lancer

Stickers applied, hand broken

-Mpc Sue Graham

Stickers applied, arm broken

-Megazone Garland

The arm comes off easely

-Cyclone box

-Saint seiya figurine

check it out if you are interested LINK

I truly love these MH figures, and i havent even Transformed them yet!!! They seemed a bit smaller than i thoughed, but then, its about same size as some of my other figures, and if you want to display with your valkiries and other toys, it would look weird if it were too big. Anyways, i am getting the other 2 characters when they come up. Thank You MH for getting me a toy i really love and can pose nicely.

Oh, and i have the stickers!!! Havent applied anything yet, but just realised there was a sticker/decal of glasses and mustashe!!! Damn, do i need another Scott??? ;)

Edited by Arthurius

Oh, and i have the stickers!!! Havent applied anything yet, but just realised there was a sticker/decal of glasses and mustashe!!! Damn, do i need another Scott??? ;)

:o:rolleyes: I love you...

SCAN THOSE MOTHERS!!! PLEASE!!! :D

WE ALL NEED THEM!!! well maybe not all of us...but I do for sure. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

WE ALL NEED THEM!!! well maybe not all of us...but I do for sure. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

I second this!! All it will take is one nice hires scan, and our amazing MWorld decal artists can whip something up for us all to enjoy.

I need them too~~~ :ph34r:

:p

but how do we print good quality decals from scans? and how to make sure they're in the right size?

if it were possible then i'd probably get another Stick to make Jonathan B))

Edited by Shun

i might be able to scan it at work, but i dont think its a good scanner

If you feel the need to send them to me to scan...I will do that for you ;)

On another note. I am considering a mod for the ride armor mode of the MH's. I am thinking of modding it to be similar to the CM's as in where the RA connects to the rider at the crotch. Can anyone else think of another good place to hold it down?

If you feel the need to send them to me to scan...I will do that for you ;)

On another note. I am considering a mod for the ride armor mode of the MH's. I am thinking of modding it to be similar to the CM's as in where the RA connects to the rider at the crotch. Can anyone else think of another good place to hold it down?

That's as good of place as any as long as your rider is over 18. I just didnt expect you to swing that way...

That's as good of place as any as long as your rider is over 18. I just didnt expect you to swing that way...

No one EVER expected me to be this way. It just is. It just feels sooooooo.................right. :p

EDIT-----> BTW....Your new avatar is SOOOOO CUTE!!!

Edited by misterryno

Hey Exo, can you send me, or attach here, your old avatar, in big format, of that nice vf-1s with dark GBP???

someone else pieced posted it somewhere.... just not gonna say where. Just wait for the final pics coming soon...

I'm pretty satisfied with how the MH Ride Armor connects after transforming it again last night... I'm trying to figure out what it'll take to make some kind of clip-on heel spur to fix the balance issue even for a normal person figure there in reality isn't quite enough heel, and this problem is way compounded by the armor... I can get it into a standing pose or two, but they've all got to have at least some lean to shift the weight enough... the figure is really incredible and fun, but just needs some more footprint.

I'm pretty satisfied with how the MH Ride Armor connects after transforming it again last night... I'm trying to figure out what it'll take to make some kind of clip-on heel spur to fix the balance issue even for a normal person figure there in reality isn't quite enough heel, and this problem is way compounded by the armor... I can get it into a standing pose or two, but they've all got to have at least some lean to shift the weight enough... the figure is really incredible and fun, but just needs some more footprint.

Hmmmmm.....how secure is your armor on the rider? Mine is "secure" just moves a little here and there when I am posing. I would like if the connectors that go under his arms snapped in or just did not slide out so easily.

EDIT----> I'll try to think of something for the "balance".

Edited by misterryno

As far as I can tell the under-arm clips don't click in or anything, and that might be the issue... maybe if they secured a little tighter it would be better? The armor's not falling off or anything, just sometimes the clips work their way out...

And yeah, the feet are just kinda off... the toes extend, but not the heels, which is like they sort of knew it had balance issues but didn't actually manage to correct them.

As far as I can tell the under-arm clips don't click in or anything, and that might be the issue... maybe if they secured a little tighter it would be better? The armor's not falling off or anything, just sometimes the clips work their way out...

And yeah, the feet are just kinda off... the toes extend, but not the heels, which is like they sort of knew it had balance issues but didn't actually manage to correct them.

Yeah...that is exactly what I am talking about when it comes to the under arm attachments <_< I'll need to work on this a bit. About the feet....I know they knew about the balance. They must have thought "ohh....well...we'll just include a stand and that will correct the problem" thinking that we are all just gonna LOVE the stand and not care that we can't pose them correctly without it. That erks me.

i wish the MH ride armor were screwed together instead of glued together.

if it were screwed, i know could open it up and work some magnet magic to make it more sturdy in armor mode.

the cod piece on the bike and the crotch on the figure would be good spot to attach some magnets. another good spot would be inside the engine and the back of the figure.

i'm not ready to start dismantling anything just yet(its too new to mess with) but i'm sure i'll get to it eventually.

i'll have to open up those areas and see what i'm working with and order the proper size magnets.

another good spot would be inside the engine and the back of the figure.

i'll have to open up those areas and see what i'm working with and order the proper size magnets.

That is an excellent spot for the mags. Good idea. I don't think I'll be opening anything up anytime soon. I'm too much of a noob at all that. If you do find the correct sizes mags. for a good price let me know. I am thinking of having the mags on the outside of the figure because of my noobiness(word?). We'll see.

Collection DX posted a review of the MH Ride Armor.

THANKS for the linky....I'll check this out later today. Too busy here now :(