The inside world of Robotech fans

VF5SS

Why don't you offer something more than vague facts that don't say anything?

Actually, considering you are the one to have started this the burden of proof is yours, not mine. You lampooned the idea that a VF-1 could be defeated by an Auroran, starting the chain of argument.

Next you'll be telling me the Tristar is the best spaceship ever.

Considering you just asked for an opinion, yes I do think the Tristar's are one of the best anime ship designs....

He's just going to tell you that the helicopter was never in helicopter mode in space. The Auroran is a three mode, Battroid, Helicopter, and Fighter. In space it's in Fighter mode... which I believe is the same as helicopter mode but without the blades extended.

I'm not making any arguments but I know that's the typical "All Southern Cross mecha suck, tanks with exposed drivers and helicopters in space" defense.

In space it's in Fighter mode... which I believe is the same as helicopter mode but without the blades extended.

Even that mode doesn't do anything to radically change the look of the Auroran. In fighter mode it's just a helicopter sans rotor blades.

I'm not making any arguments but I know that's the typical "All Southern Cross mecha suck, tanks with exposed drivers and helicopters in space" defense.

I quite like the Southern Cross machines, but I have no delusions that they're supposed to look like giant chariots and space samurai. That was part of the original premise.

Agh, I'm not going to listen to 45 mins of a guy talking to himself. Anyway, I only listened to Macross part and yeah, it was pretty stupid to attack something that makes a third of its beloved Robotech. Too much fandom is never good thing. Now I'm going to watch that Macross F trailer for the 5135325253532532th time. :p

• 3 months later...
I wouldn't recommend listening to the latest podcast. His devolves into outright misogyny and racism. According to him, Lynn Minmay isn't a real name and all girls are dumb battyes. Also Hikaru's name is Hikajew JoJo. Oh and did you know Russians can't be captains of battle fortresses because of the incident with the Russian submarine? Jeez.

Aganst my better judgment, I'm reviving this thread, because I just listened to the episode that VF5SS mentioned...Wow.

I would go into specifics of exactly why it's thoughtless to say that they changed Hikaru's name to Rick Hunter because "Hikaru Ichijo" is lame and stupid; why it's mindless to say that every macross story has the same plot: guy who flies a jet likes a girl he's never going to have, and someone sings a crappy song at the end (Is "Voices" really worse than "Stage Fright"? And since when did Basara like girls, anyway?); why it's brainless to say that the Robotech live-action movie needs to be made for the political realities of TODAY, so a Russian captain wouldn't be realistic (and apparently it's also advisable to remove the Chinese girl, because, y'know, it's not like China has any influence now or anything); and why it's just foolish to attack Macross fans for starting "Who would win: Aplafighter or YF-21" threads when HE HIMSELF started a "Who would win: Robotech Masters or anyone else in all of SF" thread at RT.com (You'll never guess what his answer was).

But really, dougbendo (and you can look 'im up on myspace!) isn't worth a reasonable response, so I'll just quote a great 20th century philosopher:

"What a maroon! What an ignoranimus!"

(By the way, he said he was INVITED to Macrossworld some time ago to "write forums" or something...can anyone confirm or deny this?)

I like his respont to my podcast where he just chopped up our show on Macross and randomly paused it to call me or Jeremy a fag. High class stuff.

Oooh, which episode is that? (I don't want to go through all of them...I like to be selective about which colossal train wrecks I slow down to gawk at...)

"Responts" to Destroy All Podcasts DX or maybe he called up DAPDX. Either way he spent THREE HOURS dissecting our show about Macross. He even nitpicked the theme song.

Cool! A good respont is difficult to find these days, so if he has multiple responts, that's just amazing!

But yeah...I'm downloading it now, and will listen to it the next time I want to feel superior...

I can't believe he compared a crap like Robocrap to Gundam. Gundam is not crappy ripoff like Homotech. I never heard that Gundam has to steal from other shows. Gundam is God itself compared to a piece of poo like Roboass. And at least, Macross has REAL sequels and even a prequel. SC is a complete joke and even Robotech fans know it. That guy should compare Robocrap to ..., to ..., to ... The best of all, he said Macross II as a Robotech sequel. :D :D :D :D :D Lack of imagination on his part because he is so in love with Carl Macek, I guess ?

Oh boy, he just made Robotech fans look stupid farts.

Edited by Macross007

OK, one final parting shot from me today...I love how he goes on about how Robotech hasn't had to "reinvent" itself...but it's not like Harmony Gold hasn't TRIED; they just never got anything completed until recently.

Purity should never be confused with incompetence.

It's hilarious how he's pumping up the F-14 as an AIR SUPERIORITY FIGHTER (it's more of a CARRIER AIR DEFENSE FIGHTER if anything). The EF-2000 (one of the fighters he mentioned @ 08:47 minutes) will fly rings around the defunct Tomcat. SU-34? The Platypus's a freaking ground attack fighter akin to the Mud Hen. It's not designed primarily for AAC. The dude mentions the French Mirage delta wing fighters but doesn't bring up the Rafale?

An Iraqi Mig-21 has shot downed an Iranian F-14 Tomcat in combat during the Iranian-Iraqi wars in the 1980s. It's not unbeaten in the air like the F-15 Eagle.

What an a$$

NANI !!! I really said that !?!?!? Limited IQ because of his devotion for Robotech, I guess ?

Cool! A good respont is difficult to find these days, so if he has multiple responts, that's just amazing!

But yeah...I'm downloading it now, and will listen to it the next time I want to feel superior...

I hope you enjoy the parts from my show at least. Jeremy (Ginrai on the forums) and I are bigs Macross fans.

I'll let the quality of Macross comment for itself. Compared to the bottom feeding of Shadow Chronicles, Macross Frontier is high art. The first episode of Macross Frontier blows the entire Robotech franchise out of the water and into an oil spill.

Compared to the bottom feeding of Shadow Chronicles, Macross Frontier is high art.

You know, when someone uses the term "high art" to describe something, more often than not it isn't being used as a compliment.

Sort of like when someone is called a "rocket scientist." Usually that phrase is being used to say that they're stupid.

So, just curious, do you think Macross Frontier is good or not?

I like his respont to my podcast where he just chopped up our show on Macross and randomly paused it to call me or Jeremy a fag. High class stuff.

Okay...I listened to it up to the point where he said you mentioned him solely to ride on his coattails (to, presumably, the same status of fame and fortune that he enjoys). Then I really realized that there were better things I could do with my time...so I downloaded your podcast and listened to that instead. Very funny (and thank you for pointing out what NEEDS to be said...that "Virgin Road" is the worst-animated Macross episode ever, and that Hikaru and Minmay totally did it while she was staying with him (but why was he sleeping on the couch...?)), but I'm glad I'd already seen the show. If I hadn't, I doubt I would've been able to follow your "synopsis." :rolleyes:

Oh, poo, I pwned myself!

Don't worry, you're not the the first to have been hoodwinked by that wascally wabbit...

You know, when someone uses the term "high art" to describe something, more often than not it isn't being used as a compliment.

Sort of like when someone is called a "rocket scientist." Usually that phrase is being used to say that they're stupid.

So, just curious, do you think Macross Frontier is good or not?

Try again.