release date for VF-0S with Ghost combo?

sidearmsalpha

I thought broken shoulders only found in 0A but not the shin combo version, please clarify that as I am planning to get shin combo soon.

Some of the shin editions apparently had the same shoulder problem as the earlier VF-0A. As Graham himself said, the VF-0S Ghost combo is the first 0 release with fixes straight from the get-go.

Hey all, I have been reading this topic and it has gotten me REALLY interested in the new 1/60's (YF-19 & VF-0's mostly) I was wondering though if anyone could post some elaborate pics of the VF-0S Roy w/ and w/o Ghost either here or in "strike a pose". Also some comparison shots with a 1/48 would be awesome. THANKS ^_^^_^^_^

Do I recommend buying you the consumer to buy this product? My answer is yes! This is the 0S we've all been wanting without the QC nightmares. Not only is it beautiful, its sturdy as well! Yamato I believe can now redeem themselves after the 1st release. I'll repeat I have found zero QC issues on this production model! I'll post some pictures later. B))

Lovely..........thx for your review.....can't wait to see your 0S pics....... B))

So I plunged in and bought a VF-0S ghost combo as well. Short review following:

Whilst this is nowhere near the 1st production VF-OS floppiness, it does have some loose parts. The right leg on mine was loose on the hip joint and had to take it apart and paint the joint and socket to increase friction, and the swivel under the knees on both legs are loose as well. Not floppy, but not tight either. As mentioned by other users, the shoulder armour is a tad loose but can be easily remedied.

Moreover, the lack of a proper chest and backpack locking mechanism is annoying at best. However, once one gets over these facts, this toy doesn't fail to deliver. The ghost add-on is fun and makes one hell of an armed mecha.

Overall, do get this one if you've been waiting for a QC free VF-0S, but don't expect 1/48 VF-1 quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my VF-0S Roy w/o the ghost from another MWer. And I must say...I am impressed. I must have received the 2nd run of this guy or something, there's only one issue I am having with him. I don't like his hands. I did'nt like the hands on the 1/48's either so I got some DYRL hands. I have not pulled hard enough on my 1/60's hands yet for them to come loose and I am a bit scared of doing so. Has anyone else tried changing out the hands on the VF-0's??? :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up one of these since I really like the Zero design and wanted one that will hopefully stand the test of time. The only issue I had is that the shoulders were way too tight. I couldn't even move one of them. All is fine now that I loosened up the screws. No stress marks. All the other joints are nice and tight but not overly so.

i am also happy to report i got a really good VF-0S w/ghost. :)

as someone else said the shoulders were almost too tight and forget about the forearms, i thought they were going to snap! i ended up loosening those screws as well as several others that i had an issue with on my VF-0A(not shin).

the feet click into position for battroid, no stress marks that i noticed so far, and most importantly it doesn't suffer from the droopy fuselage.

i'm glad i waited as long as i did for this release. i'm 99% satisfied with my purchase....i'd say a 100% but i know i'll find something wrong eventually. ;)

I picked up one of these since I really like the Zero design and wanted one that will hopefully stand the test of time. The only issue I had is that the shoulders were way too tight. I couldn't even move one of them. All is fine now that I loosened up the screws. No stress marks. All the other joints are nice and tight but not overly so.

Hey, Matt! Good to see you're still around! So, you picked up a VF-0S combo. Need one of those. We should hook up sometime.

Later,

Angel

Hey, Matt! Good to see you're still around! So, you picked up a VF-0S combo. Need one of those. We should hook up sometime.

Later,

Angel

Yeah, I finally caved and got it. I guess that darn Macross bug bit me again. :lol: Thankfully, no buyer's remorse on this one!

• 2 weeks later...

With the news of the new perfect transforming VF-1, I've been liking to get one of these. (2 1/60 roys side by side)

So, i have a simple question for members who own one of these. Did this release get rid of the major QC issues from the first release? (just wanna make sure that my 200$ toy isn't gonna fall apart ^_^ )

With the news of the new perfect transforming VF-1, I've been liking to get one of these. (2 1/60 roys side by side)

So, i have a simple question for members who own one of these. Did this release get rid of the major QC issues from the first release? (just wanna make sure that my 200$ toy isn't gonna fall apart ^_^ )

Yes their problems have been addressed and fixed,

Edited by sqidd

With the imminent release of the new, vastly improved 1/60 VF-1 line, I caved and bought a VF-0S w/ Ghost. I got the first edition and it sucked donkey balls. The damned thing was sloppy, loose, and had a droopy fuselage too...kinda like an old crack-whore I'd imagine...LMAO! :lol:

All jokes aside, definitely NOT worth the $180 I paid shipped from LOS on Ebay. :(

I'm really hoping this thing is as good as everyone's been saying.

-Kyp

With the imminent release of the new, vastly improved 1/60 VF-1 line, I caved and bought a VF-0S w/ Ghost. I got the first edition and it sucked donkey balls. The damned thing was sloppy, loose, and had a droopy fuselage too...kinda like an old crack-whore I'd imagine...LMAO! :lol:

All jokes aside, definitely NOT worth the $180 I paid shipped from LOS on Ebay. :(

I'm really hoping this thing is as good as everyone's been saying.

-Kyp

My 0S with Ghost has the dropy fuselage thing too, but otherwise it's very solid. Rivals my 1/48 Kakizaki, and that's saying a lot.