release date for VF-0S with Ghost combo?

sidearmsalpha

OK...it came in today. I thought, "YES!!! It came, now to see the improvements"

NOT. For one thing, this was a VF-0S and Ghost in separate boxes! :o

Second, I pull the fighter out and sure enough, it had the floppy fuselage...not a happy camper at this point to say the least. :angry:

But I calmed myself and checked for the easiest identifier as to whether or not this was the first or second release : The locking mechanism for the feet. Sure enough, this one had the locking feet, so it is definitely the second release meaning they are now out in singles.

I went through the whole transformation to check the shoulders. They are fine, and tight, but not too tight. Much better than the first edition, that's for damned sure! :)

OK, so I go to put this thing back together and lo and behold...the fuselage didn't droop at all and is in there snug!! B)):lol::D:o YAY!!!!!!!! The only thing I can think of is that they didn't put it back in fighter mode very good and make sure that everything is locked in place like it should be.

So in short, all's well that ends well. :) And if anyone does get a second edition (Look to see if the feet lock in place) and the fuselage is droopy. take it all the way to battroid and back and make sure that everything is in place!! You may just find like I did that they didn't have everything properly in place and clicked in good at the factory.

I give this thing a perfect 100% score. In fact, the fighter mode is in every way, shape, and form as tight as the 1/48 Hikaru 1J and seems to be just as well made!

I. kid. you. not. Best $$$ I've ever spent on a Yamato up there with when I first bought the 1/48. I swear, I'm so Goddamn happy, I could almost cry.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

I got it from HoHoHo Toys on Ebay. Yes, this is the second edition, so it's OK. No, there are no outside box identifiers. The only way to know is do what I did and check to see if the feet have the locking mechanism. If they do, it's a second edition. If not...then you've been hosed.

I was expecting the VF-0S/Ghost booster pack, but since they did indeed give me a second edition VF-0S, I'm not mad at all. I just wish they made it clearer in their Ebay ad.

The shoulders are fine, I checked them. :) Like I said this IS THE SECOND EDITION, they are apparently now out in singles again.

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

Congrats 'Kyp Durron! Although I am surprised they gave you the two seperate boxes and not the gift set. How was your experience with HoHo toys? I still haven't gotten my emails returned if they shipped out my Masterpiece Exkaiser toys yet <_<

Well, it was all in one big box, just separate, lol. I think they did that because they didn't have anymore gift sets. Which is fine, since it is a second release. My experience was fantastic, they shipped it out the day after I paid via paypal. I'd give them 5 stars.

And my flexi stand from LOS came at the same time which was perfect, lol. ^_^

-Kyp

Congrats 'Kyp Durron! Although I am surprised they gave you the two seperate boxes and not the gift set. How was your experience with HoHo toys? I still haven't gotten my emails returned if they shipped out my Masterpiece Exkaiser toys yet <_<

They don't seem to do emails much. I use them all the time for transactions but they only seem to do emails every few days. I have received a shipping confermation on everything I ever got from them.

They don't seem to do emails much. I use them all the time for transactions but they only seem to do emails every few days. I have received a shipping confermation on everything I ever got from them.

I see thanks for the info. On one of the auctions I bought from them it says they ship out items 7-10 business days after receiving payment or do they usually ship a few days after payment? Hopefully my stuff comes by Monday because I can understand if my package comes late due to the holiday rush.

I see thanks for the info. On one of the auctions I bought from them it says they ship out items 7-10 business days after receiving payment or do they usually ship a few days after payment? Hopefully my stuff comes by Monday because I can understand if my package comes late due to the holiday rush.

I have had them ship in one day and I have also had them ship in 5-6. I think they just wait till they have enough orders to make it worth doing the shipping. Kind of a crap shoot. It has never taken me 10 days to get my stuff from them though, and that includes shipping time.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is MUCH better than my first VF-0S that I had. It's as good as it will ever get. It should noted that on mine that the replacement pieces for the fuel tanks where the micro missile pods and ghost booster attach make the fuselage section even stiffer.

This seems to be because it reduces the movement of the battroid chest piece when locked into place in fighter mode.

-Kyp

i actually leave the replacmeent fuel tank parts attached even when I dont have it displayed with the ghost. I know it leaves gaps n all, but i cant be bothered swapping them out each time, and it doesnt bother me so much.

As for reactive armour; Id be pretty surprised if it DIDNT come out at some point. Im just hoping it comes as a loose unit and not only bundled with a 0S

regarding the reative armor and why i think its NOT going to be made...

the GBP didn't do so well. the initial asking price was retarded(as much as a valk, come on yamato), then they tried milking the molds with terrible paint schemes and failed. you can find the urban and woodland versions for $60 or so nowadays and people still aren't buying them, even the blue GBP.

so you gotta wonder, would yamato bother making something that even more obscure than the original GBP? how are they going to capitalize on their investment when they know repaints have failed in the past?

don't get me wrong, it would be cool if they made it but considering how not so well the GBP did, i don't see a reactive armor in our near future. the only way i can see it happening is if their VF-0 design sells as well as the VF-1 design but thats not likely to happen.

I actually prefer buying bundles as it saves a bit of money.

Bit disapointed that the yf-19 with fold booster is discontinued on HLJ. I would have prefferred if that was the only version of the yf-19 release you could buy. Why would you not want to have the FP? It enhances the look of the robot mode.

actually, I like the 19 better without armour. i have it on one of my 19's, but only because I bought the damn thing, so I should get value for it (Actually it was a birthday present, but u get the point). WHile in Battroid i dont mind it, I think it ruins the sleekness of the 19's fighter mode completely.

As for the 0 reactive: While the GBP armour is everywehre it's true, I think it was so expenaive because of how much amrour u get for your money. The reactive armour is much sleeker and smaller, so it wont cost as much.

regarding the reative armor and why i think its NOT going to be made...

the GBP didn't do so well. the initial asking price was retarded(as much as a valk, come on yamato), then they tried milking the molds with terrible paint schemes and failed. you can find the urban and woodland versions for $60 or so nowadays and people still aren't buying them, even the blue GBP.

so you gotta wonder, would yamato bother making something that even more obscure than the original GBP? how are they going to capitalize on their investment when they know repaints have failed in the past?

don't get me wrong, it would be cool if they made it but considering how not so well the GBP did, i don't see a reactive armor in our near future. the only way i can see it happening is if their VF-0 design sells as well as the VF-1 design but thats not likely to happen.

I agree, I don't think you will be seeing armor for the VF-0's. It's too bad, I would be all over that!

That's a shame. I bought the GBP and loved it. Maybe it's not so posable in battroid mode but the detail is good.

I hope that it becomes rare or something so that people start wanting it, and then it creates demand for it, and then yamato can justify one day making the reactive armor for vf-0 when everyone buys GBP. :p

Oh well not too bad considering that original the vf-0 was going to just be the 1/100 swappable parts toy so you can't complain.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Yamato just priced the GBP armor too high. It should have always been around what the Super/Strike parts cost. I have picked up a few more sets at these lower prices. I'm sure others might be doing the same. I'm sure Yamato will release the Reactive Armor, but hopefully they'll price it accordingly.